Animu

Dec 22, 2008 at 4:25 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Pronouns: he/him
I'll see if I can find a good deal on it then sometime. I kind of miss that series.

-SkyeWelse

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Watch .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT then.
It's more of the concept of an unrealistic MMORPG that puts me off.

I come to the internet and facepalm at MMORPGs and now you're telling me to watch people play an unrealistic one? D:

anyway, +Anima wasn't fully scanlated D:

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:25 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I shall now continue my discussion of yandere and their desirable traits.

LOYAL: She will never --- NEVER --- betray you. Even when you're dead.

LOVING: She knows the meaning of true love like no other girl, or even you, will ever know. Some of the love is for your own good.

CARING: She takes her entire budget of caring and places it all on you. Other people are... irrelevant.

PROTECTIVE: No bad fortune, villian, or evil conniving cheap slut will be allowed to have their ways with you for long.

HATRED: For other girls as pure as the darkness between the stars.

DETERMINED: She will never --- NEVER --- give up. Even if you end up hating her for it. She’ll never let you down, either.

OBSESSIVE: There is pretty much no limit to how far she'll go just to get your attention. Once you go yandere, you can’t go back.

BRUTAL: Why should she go easy on those who threaten to steal you away from her?

PROACTIVE: Friends? Family? Better get rid of them before they start taking up precious time you could be spending with her.

DETESTING: Everyone that isn't you.

One of the few potential cons that I can see is that intellectual conversations are nearly impossible with your yandere. She can't comprehend anything outside of the context of your relationship with her. War in Iraq? You are saying you think she's too clingy and so therefore some cheap slut is poisoning your mind against her. The nature of the universe? You are trying to break up with her so therefore some cheap slut is poisoning your mind against her. It's okay to participate in activities that don't involve her, by all means, please do, but it's very, very difficult to get your yandere involved in anything that doesn't directly have to do with her loving you. It's not impossible, but I prefer to keep mine in the kitchen baking or knitting and would rather not provoke her.

Speaking of my own personal methods for dealing with yandere that might not work for some people, when a girl I’ll accept becomes yandere for me, I become yandere for her. That's right, all that crazy shit. No looking at other men, not allowed to leave my presence for more than 3 hours, etc. I’ll stalk my precious yandere all the time and make sure no other men can get near her. Well, at least at first.

The problem with continuing this practice is that you can't out yan the yandere. It would only drive her to a higher state of mental instability. Think about it - you're stalking her everyday. She realizes it's YOU who's the third person walking by her to the grocer's, or getting her car fixed, or chatting with the neighbors as people jog by. She starts wondering, "does he think me unfaithful? But... but that's impossible. It's just him I care for - only him!"

Then the attempts to reassure herself begin. More painful, scarring sex play, just to let you know "this body is only for you." No matter how violent or messy, she does it with a broken smile. The meals become dull as she starts going out less and ordering in more. Minor things she can pick up from faceless stores to show you that she doesn't NEED other people, so long as she has you. The artwork of herself she leaves in your desk at work (should you bother to show, as you're so busy being full of her and dumping bodies of the ones who'd dare even glance...). The jagged crying night sessions - tears spilling down her face as she smiles delightfully, her voice full of laughter as she takes on any abuse, just for you.

The moment of broken screaming when she realizes despite all this devotion, you STILL don't trust her.

And then you walk in one day and find that she's jammed the biggest kitchen knife she could find into her sexual organs. That tearful, joy-filled face saying, “you know, darling, you were right, my thoughts were impure and clouded by other faces, so I punished myself, but now it's fine. I’ve punished those involved, too, those evil people that caught me in my moment of weakness…”

The police will be over in the evening to arrest you both on the collection of bodies in the basement unless you had already prepared an escape route for different but similar reasons. So yeah, you need a cut-off point for being yandere to your yandere.

DOUBLE YANDERE LOVE IS THE TRUEST LOVE.

On to another point. I think that sometimes the attraction to yandere is based on the childish, idealized belief that your love can cure her. PFFT. This is DANGEROUSLY NAIVE. "Cure" her? Why would you want that? Her being an obsessive, potentially-dangerous psychotic is the whole POINT. To say someone finds such a person attractive out of some misguided belief they can "fix" them is like saying a "chubby chaser" finds big women attractive out of some belief that he can get them in shape, when really he just really likes the fatties. In all likelihood the stress of a relationship would make her psychosis even worse.

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM
Y'ai'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH: H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI TRHODOTG
UAAAAH

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
Kageryushin said:
Y'ai'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH: H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI TRHODOTG
UAAAAH
Huh? :rolleyes:

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Ask DragonBoots or read "The Dunwich Horror."

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:55 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Seriously. Doraemon Plus. Very awesome an underteen manga.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:55 AM

FUCK YES, KARA NO KYOUKAI CHAPTER 5: PARADOX SPIRAL, PARADOX PARADIGM IS OUT, HELL YEAH!

To encourage the torrenting of this wonderful series, I have designed vague but slightly interesting character descriptions for you all.

Shikiryogi36.jpg

Shiki Ryougi: People die when this dyke kills them. I'd say MetaSeraphim was like her, but the only real similarity is that they're both allegedly female.

Mikiya.jpg

Mikiya Kokuto: Every female in the series wants this guy’s cock for some reason even though IRL they’d walk all over him. If you take away this trait, he's kind of like DoubleThink, I guess.

Touko1.jpg

Touko Aozaki: SkyeWelse.

Tomoe1.jpg

Tomoe Enjoh: A pillowbiter who gets his ass torn asunder by Soren Araya on a nightly basis. Reminiscent of Jacob.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:57 AM
Soren5.jpg

Soren Araya: HOLY MOTHER OF SHIT IT’S THE MAGICAL FAIRY TERMINATOR. Voiced by Jouji Nakata, so you know he's more badass than any other badass ever unless they're also voiced by Jouji Nakata or alternatively voiced by Norio Wakamoto or of course Ken Narita.

Arba.jpg

Cornelius Alba: The character I most relate to in this chapter. Has a beautiful singing voice.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:57 AM
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Justin-chan
Good lord Kage, I lol'd hard. XD

I guess that is to be expected though seeing how
KAGE IS THE MAN

Edit
In other news...

Been watching Maria Holic and Kokaku no Regios.

Oh and Akikan!

So basically my watch list is now
- Soul Eater
- Skip Beat!
- Toradora!
- Akikan!
- Maria Holic
- Kokaku no Regios

I still have to find motivation to watch Azumanga Daioh and Fist of the North Star.

And I need to find Bobobo somewhere. :C

I stream anime rather than download though.

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:58 PM
Just watched the subs for Kara No Kyoukai 5, which just came out. I had the Raw for awhile and could understand some of it, but it's apparently a lot more complicated than I could ever comprehend. This movie was 2 hours of
emot-words.gif
and fightan’ and heads flying. There was something almost shounen-ish about it, but it was still Kara No Kyoukai, so it's definitely seinen… Tomoe giving the “REASON FOR FIGHTING!!!” speech to Araya near the end (complete with dramatic head shaking), Shiki randomly getting a power up katana for the movie (Seriously, Akitaka just so happened to drop by carrying a wazamono?), and I have no clue if Jouji Nakata having a fucking ROCKET PUNCH FORCE CHOKE GRAB is shounen-ish but let’s add this to the list anyway, even though it was fucking awesome. On the less annoying side, the production values still look AMAZINGLY high and the music was excellent. I've never seen anything this incredible before: it might just be the pinnacle of animation as we know it. Somehow I still haven’t gotten tired of that medley we first heard in Kara no Kyoukai 1.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:45 AM
Justin-chan
I want to watch it but it's like a movie right?

If I can find a site that shows it (I h8 torrenting, it's slow) I may watch the whole series.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:58 AM
Torrenting is the only way. Some of the movies are on YouTube, but not with subs as far as I've looked. Just torrent it; it becomes fast and VERY reliable compared to other methods once you get used to it, and that's what all the cool kids do.

1-3: http://www.mininova.org/tor/1724722
4: http://rarbg.com/torrents/filmi/download/b63cd8932deb7a94cf440f559a5b27cb79920de5/torrent.html
5: http://xabin.mine.nu/gg-tracker/tor...Garden_of_Sinners_-_05_[999900E4].mkv.torrent

That said, bask in the glow of my handiwork.

Alba6.jpg

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Justin-chan
I'll download 1-3 first, 4 and 5 next time.

I use that microTorrent instead of BitTorrent.

Or are there any faster torrenting software?

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:24 AM
I use BitTorrent itself and find it to be by far the best.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:28 AM
Justin-chan
Well, 1 day 13 hours more to go before the first 3 episodes are with me.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Well, don't plan to watch it immediately after you've gotten the torrent, obviously, but patience is a virtue.

Oh, and download the Combined Community Codec, too.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

Feb 2, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Justin-chan
I know its a codec but why would I need it? I already have my own (well, my bro downloaded some) :rolleyes:

Feb 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM
You don't necessarily need to, but it's heavily suggested since it gives you Media Player Classic, which is the best player for screenshots and fullscreen. If you already have Classic, then it doesn't really matter.

Back