Animu

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:40 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yea, another thing I'm ashamed of.... Gurenn Lagann is not my fav. Haven't even bothered to go beyond ep. 1.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
FLCL is ten times better than TTGL.

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Watch till episode 8.

It's beautiful~

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:52 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
What the hell is so cool about TTGL?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3GSMPAZhMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60rex7zYmUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBG3CCew7Q

That for twenty-five minutes. Of course it has a basic story that’s appropriate for this day and age, though the attraction is the amazing animation and the excitement that’s inherent in every episode. The heroes are inspiring and, what the villains lack in humanity they make up for in sheer badass.

MetaSeraphim said:
FLCL is ten times better than TTGL.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHA AHA Aahhhh…

Oh, you were serious? Oh wow, the “water-fire” or whatever bullshit with the whole “makes my mind clearer so I can make people around me insane durr hurr hurr” was pretty stupid, but now I’ve lost faith in you entirely.

Look, quality > style, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is fucking MADE from quality and pure, unadulterated action while FLCL is constructed entirely on style. Fuck, Gurren Lagann even has a better STORY than FLCL, and that’s saying something. If you really believe that FLCL is superior to TTGL, than you must have a very disgusting attraction to “LOLSORANDAM” bullshit and you really need to return to your little hole in Gaia so you can wish for the power to die.

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:26 AM
MetaSeraphim said:
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

ROBOTS GROWING OUT OF ERECTION SHAPED GROWTHS ON YOUR MUTHAFUCKIN' FOREHEAD.

And Libera Me From Hell is only made cooler by it being a Rap-Opera.

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Justin-chan
The Gurren Lagann, Arc Gurren Lagann, Chouginga Gurren Lagann and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has more than 1 forehead.

Oct 14, 2008 at 2:35 AM
jcys810 said:
The Gurren Lagann, Arc Gurren Lagann, Chouginga Gurren Lagann and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has more than 1 forehead.

"ROBOTS GROWING OUT OF ERECTION SHAPED GROWTHS ON YOUR MUTHAFUCKIN' FOREHEAD" refers to FLCL.

Oct 14, 2008 at 11:51 AM
Justin-chan
I've never watched Fooly Cool D;

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Yandere

When obsession wins over love and you've got yourself an immensely affectionate stalker instead of a girlfriend, you have a yandere on your hands. These are the kind of girls that break into your house while you’re away, hide under your bed while you’re at home, schlick directly under you while you sleep, come out when you’re gone again, schlick again in your bed while licking and humping your pillows, and then proceed to check your messages to see if you’re involved with another girl. They usually don't have any kind of higher ideal or ethical policy; they sometimes don't even view themselves as people so much as an entity made out of the impulse or desire to be with their man. A yandere is awesome because it’s outwardly impossible to tell that the girl is completely insane; she has just enough presence of mind left over to maintain a convincing façade, and God help everyone around her if she decides to drop it. If you don’t react well, things could get messy, so in the off chance you don’t want to enjoy the fruits of your yandere‘s darker exploits, here’s several things you need to take into account.

1. Remember your objectives:
-Survive.
-Her mental integrity should be kept at a reasonable level and maintained.
-She should still love you unconditionally.

2. Be sure to remind her how much you love her and basically compliment her as you would any women. Be careful about criticism, though, because she’ll probably go a little over the top in attempting to fix this problem, and if she can‘t, she‘ll try to fix your perceptions of this problem instead. When prompted, re-affirm your hatred of those other skanky, dirty whores. Putting down other people is fun anyway, right?

3. When she starts talking nonsense, she is being put under stress. This stress is based on the belief that you are being unfaithful or planning on leaving her. Pacify her with constant, unadulterated attention and sex. Remember that one of the best things about yandere is that they’re completely devoted to you, so why shouldn’t you return at least some of the favor? This entire fiasco can be summed up in a single line: “It’d be great if he was nice and looked only at me. Yes, only at me… He can’t look at any other girls. I’d look only at him, so he should look only at me. It‘s only fair, right?”

4. Contact with the opposite sex in public should be kept to a bare minimum -- the assumption should be that she IS watching. When she’s with you and you talk to other women, she’ll either flaunt you in front of them or discourage prolonged conversation. In either situation you should play along, expressing your undying love for your yandere all the way. In the latter one you should cut off contact as soon as she gives a prompt to do so. Occasionally she’ll become openly hostile to women she finds you speaking with, so diffuse that bomb before it explodes. Female relatives may or may not be accepted by the yandere, though for the sake of her façade she‘ll usually ignore them.

5. The yandere likes to do things for you, so keep her busy doing chores that makes her feel she is strengthening the relationship. This is one of the best parts about the yandere since she’ll spoon feed you if you ask her to and she won’t even see it as strange.

Now that you’ve won the affections of one of these very, very insane women, you surely want to know how this benefits you, right? Well, besides a very, very affectionate partner, there are plenty of ways to have fun using her unique features. For example, pick some girl you know likes you, give her your phone number and ask her to call you. Put yourself in a position in which you are with your yandere and open to being approached by this girl. Then confide in your yandere how this girl won't leave you alone. Count the days until this girl disappears or stops communicating with you entirely. If the yandere decides to kill her “rival” right in front of you, marry her as soon as rationally possible.

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:21 AM
Justin-chan
*Fap fap fap*

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:40 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Kageryushin said:
I shall now talk about how professional I am when it comes to dealing with a yandere.

And how exactly did you know so much? Surely you've had to have first-hand experience(s) with them?

:o

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM
Metalogz said:
And how exactly did you know so much? Surely you've had to have first-hand experience(s) with them?

:o

I'd say, but you don't care about the social life of someone who just turned 14 this month, now do you?

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kageryushin said:
When obsession wins over love and you've got yourself an immensely affectionate stalker instead of a girlfriend, you have a yandere on your hands. These are the kind of girls that break into your house while you’re away, hide under your bed while you’re at home, schlick directly under you while you sleep, come out when you’re gone again, schlick again in your bed while licking and humping your pillows, and then proceeding to check your messages to see if you’re involved with another girl. They usually don't have any kind of higher ideal or ethical policy; they sometimes don't even view themselves as people so much as an entity made out of the impulse or desire to be with their man. A yandere is awesome because it’s outwardly impossible to tell that the girl is completely insane; she has just enough presence of mind left over to maintain a convincing façade, and God help everyone around her if she decides to drop it. If you don’t react well, things could get messy, so in the off chance you don’t want to enjoy the fruits of your yandere‘s darker exploits, here’s several things you need to take into account.

1. Remember your objectives:
-Survive.
-Her mental integrity should be kept at a reasonable level and maintained.
-She should still love you unconditionally.

2. Be sure to remind her how much you love her and basically compliment her as you would any women. Be careful about criticism, though, because she’ll probably go a little over the top in attempting to fix this problem, and if she can‘t, she‘ll try to fix your perceptions of this problem instead. When prompted, re-affirm your hatred of those other skanky, dirty whores. Putting down other people is fun anyway, right?

3. When she starts talking nonsense, she is being put under stress. This stress is based on the belief that you are being unfaithful or planning on leaving her. Pacify her with constant, unadulterated attention and sex. Remember that one of the best things about yandere is that they’re completely devoted to you, so why shouldn’t you return at least some of the favor? This entire fiasco can be summed up in a single line: “It’d be great if he was nice and looked only at me. Yes, only at me… He can’t look at any other girls. I’d look only at him, so he should look only at me. It‘s only fair, right?”

4. Contact with the opposite sex in public should be kept to a bare minimum -- the assumption should be that she IS watching. When she’s with you and you talk to other women, she’ll either flaunt you in front of them or discourage prolonged conversation. In either situation you should play along, expressing your undying love for your yandere all the way. In the latter one you should cut off contact as soon as she gives a prompt to do so. Occasionally she’ll become openly hostile to women she finds you speaking with, so diffuse that bomb before it explodes. Female relatives may or may not be accepted by the yandere, though for the sake of her façade she‘ll usually ignore them.

5. The yandere likes to do things for you, so keep her busy doing chores that makes her feel she is strengthening the relationship. This is one of the best parts about the yandere since she’ll spoon feed you if you ask her to and she won’t even see it as strange.

Now that you’ve won the affections of one of these very, very insane women, you surely want to know how this benefits you, right? Well, besides a very, very affectionate partner, there are plenty of ways to have fun using her unique features. For example, pick some girl you know likes you, give her your phone number and ask her to call you. Put yourself in a position in which you are with your yandere and open to being approached by this girl. Then confide in your yandere how this girl won't leave you alone. Count the days until this girl disappears or stops communicating with you entirely. If the yandere decides to kill her “rival” right in front of you, marry her as soon as rationally possible.

School Days/Summer Days. lol

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:58 AM
Simple said:
School Days/Summer Days. lol

That's not even scratching the surface, believe you me.

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:26 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
FLCL is weird. You either love it or hate it. I hate it personally, but I am addicted to the trailer for it. *shrug*

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM
*Uses horrible black magic to Necromance the Thread back to life.*

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:07 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I started watching Vampire Knight, a shoujo anime just because I had nothing to do and an internet-wise noobish friend of mine was probably suggested to watch it by some other noob and so she suggested me and I was reluctant because I found out that it's shoujo but then it's quite ok lah in anime version. But so far not so appealing and it's ma fan to load several sections from youtube because the ratio of the time taken to load an episode at crunchyroll to the length of an episode itself is like 10:1 so you'd cry. Youtube loads very naturally and smoothly but still, I hate multi-tabbing.
Anyway, the best part of the anime (or as she used to say it, Animax) is a cute lil' vampire which had a big mouth!!!!

On a side note, I found some mangas which interested me a lil'. Try Code Breaker and Zero no Tsukaima.

Edit :

Oh wait you guys did mention Zero no Louise earlier. I've read the manga up to Onemanga's update, and the anime up to 5 eps. So far no difference to manga, except some minor ones like Belldandy appears earlier, and Fouquet looks younger.

Anyway I'm wondering why the cool mangas I found had some disturbing similarity :

1. Zero no Tsukaima. (hey those eyes look familiar. Seems it's Shana's eyes. Oh same artist desuka?)
  2. Watashitachi no Tamura-kun. (hey those eyes again. wtf not same artist but oh well)
  3. Tora Dora. (wtf those eyes again and wtfwtf almost similar plot. wtf not same artist but same author?)

And as I progress through those mangas, I realise I also see Haruhi and Kagami/Tsukasa/Konata there. Should I assume that every manga with at least one character possessing those eyes to pwn at least me?

Some more good ones(manga) :

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.
Tona-Gura. Damn I just said everything I was trying. It's got no story at all.
I mentioned this, but Code Breaker. (really, check it out or you'll BURN TO ASHES)

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:27 AM
Justin-chan
Currently Watching
  • Toradora!
  • Skip Beat!
  • Soul Eater
Planning to Watch
  • Kyo no Gononi (Today in Class 5-2)
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Code Geass (Only watched some parts, maybe I'll just watch it week by week on TV now that they are showing it)
  • Code Geass R2 (I think I'll wait for them to show it on TV too)
  • Bobobo (If I can find it without having to download)

Back