A Sweet New Company

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
A Sweet New Company
By Cathie Sims
PocketCake has been baking up new games in your own back yard of Blue Springs, Missouri. PocketCake was founded in November 2012, as the "next generation mobile application development company." It is the concoction of nearly 60 years of total experience between Ellis Gorden and Jim Bassett.
As a consumer you may ask why the company name PocketCake. Children, even adults often put items in their pocket for later pleasure. When you think of things you place in your pocket (candy, money, frogs, etc.), the modern smartphone seems to be the most common- as if it were your own limb.
Our goal as a company is to eliminate these frustrations that are so prevalent in the gaming industry today.
First, the control on our normal gaming habits. Microsoft’s the Xbox One frustrated the gaming community with the potential of always-on DRM (now expected as a call home every 24 hours on the Internet) and requiring fees to play used or pre-owned games and no backwards compatibility with Xbox 360. Do we want Microsoft looking in our homes at all times? We definitely won’t be able to play Xbox One in the nude!
Second, money trafficking. Candy Crush Saga is a prime example. Players propelling themselves through a particularly difficult level will buy extra lives and expensive power-ups (as much as $35 each) in order to push on to the next challenge. Taking the life mechanism or expense out, cuts the frustration factor significantly, leaving the player free to retry a level as often as they'd like.
To some, that frustration is a basic part of the experience—without it, Candy Crush Saga is just an endless sequence of often unfair puzzles. That and the life mechanisms are a good means to keep players from feeling failure, attempting the same level over and over again.
Compare the game to a drug dealer; both Candy Crush and drug dealers get you started for free, and only start charging outrageous prices once you're hooked. Imagine Candy Crush grabbing you by your ankles, flipping you upside down, and shaking the lunch money out of your pockets. The farther you progress in the game, the more money they want to take.
On July 27, PocketCake will launch its first game to abolish your frustrations. It’s a rewarding game called LavaCat; :debug: that stars Lucky, a kitten who is separated from his family when the ground suddenly gives way while en route to reclaiming their land taken by dogs.
The most unique item about PocketCake is that the programmers are actual gamers themselves; multi-genre gamers! They are developing a massive continuity for games to come. The company plans to release as many as 6 apps in its first year.
The most important aspect is that all the games will be FREE; users can expect a unique factor for all games soon. There will be no level limits based on sharing, and the in-game cat treats can be saved to buy anything in the store. It will still be social but not divided. Anyone, even those with no friends and no money, can achieve the same things as someone shares, likes or buys items (all of which are boosts and will usually run around $ .99 and will never exceed $4.99). For less than $5 you will not only complete the level but enjoy every minute of it.
Give this game a taste, and you will be rewarded with hours of free entertainment to pull out of your pocket anytime, anywhere.
Enjoy PocketCake! :mrgreen:
For more information go to www.PocketCake.com :heart:

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
I call bot

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just letting the public know new info. What content are you writing about? I would love to read your work!

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
wtf did I just read

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
lol ....Am I writing above your level? I could dumb it down a bit!
Our likes for LavaCat on Facebook are at 7,842 and we have only been online for a month. Totally excited for this Game to be out on July 27th!!!

Also it's free for Android phones...u do have a cell phone, right? If you have an Apple (ISO) you will have to wait another month.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh my god did you just

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
so not a spambot
that leaves a) a coked-up "marketing exec" that things randomly spamming forums is a legitimate way to raise visibility about some bullshit zynga wannabe
or b) a mystery troll slash disgruntled former member attempting one of the most surreal trolling attempts I've seen in a while.
If it's the latter then congratulations apple out of ten I am completely befuddled

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
If you're a troll then congradulations you coulda fooled me
but no seriously my sanity is depleting fast I need to get out of here

Edit: Good news I went to the site it's not actually a virus. bad news is I have no idea what the fuck it is

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kids please! I'm just a mom with 2 handsome boys (13 & 15), both big time gamers. I work for pocketcake.com and enjoy spreading the news about their new game LavaCat they are currently developing. I mean no offence to any of you! I too am a christian and support Christ-like values! <3

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh for the love of this isn't a christian dating forum why would you just assume we all believe in god
I don't care if you're fifteen or fifty but can you not throw your spammy marketing around random forums that really do not give a damn

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
And once again, the average marketing companies bring endless honor to our countr(ies)y.

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
WTF?

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
You know it's not like she even did anything bad

It's just kind of strange

But you know what I'm probably going to get this game when it comes out simply due to the absurdity of this, so I guess it worked???

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The most unique item about PocketCake is that the programmers are actual gamers themselves,
p170404-0-39238675.jpg

Oh... marketing ploys these days...

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Well of course the COD developers and some others are just there for the money...

But most developers play lots of videogames... how else would they even want to have the job.

It's like saying that a Pop-singer is so amazing because they listen to music.

And there is a ton of other stuff wrong with this thread (I doubt whoever is behind highheelgamer has even played cave story), but that quote was what I decided to mock question.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
highheelgamer said:
Kids please! I'm just a mom with 2 handsome boys (13 & 15), both big time gamers. I work for pocketcake.com and enjoy spreading the news about their new game LavaCat they are currently developing. I mean no offence to any of you! I too am a christian and support Christ-like values! <3
You see, I've logged onto the forum for the first time in years to relay information to you personally. There is no way that you're going to adopt a "the power of Christ compels you!" approach and the get customers off the internet. None of us are Joel Osteen secretly, nor could you describe us as a godly people. Go home and know that your quest if futile.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Why would you just barge into our forums and do this
That wasn't very nice