A Sweet New Company

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright yeah we may be being a bit harsh but if you really want to entice us then why not talk about the actual games themselves instead of relaying the company's history and linking to a site that doesn't say anything but release dates
I'm not going to buy a game that I know nothing about, no matter how sad the sob story is

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:04 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
And, adding to what Magic said, I suggest reading the rules if you haven't done so already.

Well, this is surprising. We usually don't get people of your age joining the forum. Secondly, adding to what Magic said, I suggest reading the rules if you haven't done so already. And finally, just for future reference, just try and keep things short and sweet.

(dang, my posts merged. Pretend thar first part didn't exist).

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:33 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
highheelgamer said:
lol ....Am I writing above your level? I could dumb it down a bit!

You do NOT say that to Noxid.

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:58 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This topic is even WORSE than all my posts together. Lady, You told the wrong forums this random junk. You should have done another random forums. This forums is for CAVE STORY not for BRAGGING. What is the point of this topic?

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Professional Whatever
You guys aren't helping
(@after UNM)

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Fadoink you are such an idiot oh my god
She posted this thread in General Gaming, a forum for EXACTLY THIS SORT OF THING, albeit usually to somewhat of a lesser extent (You could argue that indie games or game modding and development are better but those are usually for just one game or series.) The only difference between this and say, Ultimate Nerd-Meister making a thread about an indie game is that this is her game(s) and that she's told you more about the backstory of the company. I can say in complete honesty that I am going to play this game when it comes out, because of this thread. All you guys calling her out on "breaking the rules" and "spamming" are really just wrong. There's nothing wrong with this thread, and most definitely nothing against the rules, except perhaps all the backseat moderating.

@highheelgamer
Keep up your work, and don't let these idiots get to you.

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Dunc2403 said:
All you guys calling her out on "breaking the rules" and "spamming" are really just wrong. There's nothing wrong with this thread, and most definitely nothing against the rules, except perhaps all the backseat moderating.
This thread is sort of actually a spam thread though. If you google the first sentence of it you'll see that this thread has been made on many, many other gaming forums, and a few of them have removed it for being "spam" too.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
highheelgamer said:
lol ....Am I writing above your level? I could dumb it down a bit!
Our likes for LavaCat on Facebook are at 7,842 and we have only been online for a month. Totally excited for this Game to be out on July 27th!!!

Also it's free for Android phones...u do have a cell phone, right? If you have an Apple (ISO) you will have to wait another month.
No offense but its IOS

And adding to Aar do not mistreat Noxid he is almighty.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:18 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'd just like to throw out that I'd much rather pay $5 once and have the entire game rather than download a "free" game with an unlock system designed around income instead of fun.

a game isn't
highheelgamer said:
if it has
highheelgamer said:
items (all of which are boosts and will usually run around $ .99 and will never exceed $4.99)
I think it's amusing how you pitch your game against mainstream games by talking down about microtransactions, then proceed to explain that your game has the same microtransactions.
I'm sorry ma'am but I do not understand

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
She's saying that they're not going to be the completely required to progress things that certain games have. Take for example the Zenonia series. It's actually a great game, besides the bullshit difficulty. I blew 100$ on Zenonia 3 to get through the whole thing. And I was good, too. In that game it was literally impossible to beat the game without spending at least $2.99. She's saying it'll be something more in the vein of upgrades in say, Temple Run, where you can pay money but can also use ingame currency without absurd amounts of effort

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Dunc2403 said:
She's saying that they're not going to be the completely required to progress things that certain games have. Take for example the Zenonia series. It's actually a great game, besides the bullshit difficulty. I blew 100$ on Zenonia 3 to get through the whole thing. And I was good, too. In that game it was literally impossible to beat the game without spending at least $2.99. She's saying it'll be something more in the vein of upgrades in say, Temple Run, where you can pay money but can also use ingame currency without absurd amounts of effort

It still breaks her argument, making microtransactions a big issue in application software yet it's still in the first game they are advertising. If the game simply had a price on it and you don't have to worry about missing features you'd had to pay extra for, i'd be fine with her argument. Anyone being able to buy a smartphone probably also have the money to buy a 5 dollar game, i'd hope.

That you wasted 100$ says to me that you suffer from some deranged form of Stockholm's Syndrome for defending this game. Would you pay for that game, all features included, for 100$? For that matter, what else can you buy for 100$?

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Micro transactions are not for me. Any "free to play" game can go to hell in my book. Every second you get to be reminded how you don't actually own the game and that the only way to have to not be frustrated is to spend a seemingly small amount of money. I just want to play the damn game and if I really enjoy it I'll buy it for a friend so we can both play it. This dumb generic thread is a great example of the minimum effort maximum profit system that it is.

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM
The woman in highheelgamer's avatar is at least a 7/10, I'm buying the game.

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM
meep
Captain Fabulous said:
The woman in highheelgamer's avatar is at least a 7/10, I'm buying the game.
I still love you fab

Anyways it doesn't matter how subtle microtransactions are, the point is their presence means the unlock system is going to be balanced around tempting you into paying money rather than being an ingame reward system to add replay value.

As soon as money enters the picture, the two can't coexist.

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Can't help but be in agreement with Dunc tbh. She really didnt do anything wrong.

Then again I guess it's cool for some users to step up a peg and bash her and the company. /sarcasm

There's a difference between spam and general advertisement.

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Professional Whatever
Pointing out flaws in her advertisement is bashing the company? I know some of us (including me) were mocking her but there was a lot of feedback being given that could benefit the company.

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:33 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I was mostly referring to the very first page. Regardless bashing is bashing no matter what form you go about it.

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:47 AM
meep
BhadRebelle said:
Can't help but be in agreement with Dunc tbh. She really didnt do anything wrong.

Then again I guess it's cool for some users to step up a peg and bash her and the company. /sarcasm

There's a difference between spam and general advertisement.
So joining a forum with absolutely no interest in its subject just to advertise your game isn't spamming?

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yakkers said:
So joining a forum with absolutely no interest in its subject just to advertise your game isn't spamming?
Exactly my same thoughts... I'm 99% sure that she joined for the sole purpose to post the advertisement, and will never return again.