A Real Gosh Darned Community Project

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Seeing no one else volunteered to be a leader, have a go at it, I'd say.

Back from holidays, sorry for being gone like that xD

Anyways, I could help out with sprites + animations, music, and/or perhaps even mapbuilding - I might need some help to get the basics to it, but once I got it, it should be cool.

Sep 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Ok

So lets not just sit here like melons,
all the people who volounteered to do something PM me and i will sort it out. Jacob if you can put your story into more detail it would be fab! Everyone who wants to be in this PM me please.
Lets start this now!

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Ah, geez, this is going nowhere fast...
1) Jet, you're the leader. You should be assigning work to the others, not wait until they ask for some themselves.
2) We could use a list of project members. Lace, you posted the thread, so you could write down who does what and edit the first post.
3) Storywriters: We need a beginning. Ted the Real Estate Agent is showing a house to a couple. Aliens crash land on the house. Ted gets pissed off and goes out to kick some alien ass.
4) Spriters: We need the main character sprite (a guy in a suit), some NPCs (that couple I mentioned earlier, for example) and some enemies (for now, just resprite the CS enemies)
5) Level editors: We need the house Ted is trying to sell and the first area before Ted finds a gun. Creating further levels would be nice, too.
6) Everybody else: Just... do stuff that you think we could use in the game, m'kay?
There we go. Jet, go on and assign the work to the workers. I would do it myself, but I have absolutely no fucking idea who's in.

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Ted

I could have a crack at making Ted sprites, I will actually and then show them you, So he is in a suit and he is a human. Ok! Well the sprites are small but i love doing pixel art so i should be good at this. Ill make different ones and people can vote on the best. T-Jack i took your advice and went to the people instead of waiting for them. I have contacted jacob about his story
Cyowolf is doing face sprites
Dragonboots said he would do some scripting
I will do some sprites and scripting along with Dragon boots and i am tightining up my skills on org maker but it might not turn out well. I know theres a thread for org music, I will ask permison if i hear anyhting good. I am trying T_Jack but please help if you can.
Thanks a lot

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm so totally not able to do it right now, but I'll edit the title page for anyone who pms me about it.
like a good old chumble spuzz.

also, jet, try working on your grammar a bit.
and lolzies sff.

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:17 PM
This Troper
There's one more important position to fill: Who is going to put all the work together? I think someone experienced should do it. Also, which editor are we using? And we should have periodic progress reports, preferably by the Put-It-All-Together Man.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Creating A Legacy...
well.

I may of jumped ahead but i wanted to know what we wanted so i created a quik mod with ted and the first room. ill post a link soon, just a demo so we can start to think about what we want. I used sues workshop because in the long run it causes less problems and errors and is easier to use.

P.s my grammar is good but im dislecsic so i cant see small letters propaly, i took no offence lol just wanted you to know i try my best. When i do a mod I MAKE SURE that the grammar is good

thanks

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
JetHawk95 said:
I may of jumped ahead but i wanted to know what we wanted so i created a quik mod with ted and the first room. ill post a link soon, just a demo so we can start to think about what we want. I used sues workshop because in the long run it causes less problems and errors and is easier to use.

P.s my grammar is good but im dislecsic so i cant see small letters propaly, i took no offence lol just wanted you to know i try my best. When i do a mod I MAKE SURE that the grammar is good

thanks

No, no SW in the long run tends to cause more errors than CE. Easier to use, well that's a difference in opinion. Plus CE supports resource importing (like custom orgs and SFX) much better than SW.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM
This Troper
Okay, new rule: NO CS editor wars. The only thing I want to know is: Can we use both? And if not, which one are we going to use?

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM
you can use sw, but ce adds a mysterious .01 megs to the file after it edits it.
so, sw then ce, yes.
ce then sw, no.

(I prefer to use sw so that anyone can see how I did stuff -- no matter which editor they use)

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:30 PM
This Troper
It's been more than a week since Jet assigned the tasks, so I guess we should already have some progress. Where is it? And if there's none, why? What do we need to get this thing moving?

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Ted's Story

The last week and a half i have worked on our character Ted. Then I decided to create a basic concept of the first house he is trying to sell, so all what i felt like i needed to do was create a facepic and cram it all together in sues workshop... So I did! O.K so heres the demo of the game.
I did ask people if they wanted to do stuff so dont worry T-Jack,
I have done a facepic but cyowolf is going to improve on it (or create a fresh one, i dont mind whatever he does).
My main problem is music but i am going to look round the forums and ask people. Well only critisise if its going to help because remember im the only one who has Actually produced something, accept from jacob for the concept. Thanks a lot

So here you go :rolleyes:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0fb1d9346ff23d8a9bf8d6369220dcabda6a508d48c6a4019d4bfef7ef5beeff

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:16 PM
uploaded to first page.
I'll check it out in a tad.
:rolleyes:

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:31 PM
O.o
okay, is this per chance your first mod jet?
firstly, we don't want to include any extraneous data (such as org viewer) that would make it more annoying and slower to download on bad computers (db) or even good ones.
also, using already existing maps is very sloppy, especially if you don't take out cutsceney things (like toroko and king waiting for you to crash land).
and clashing colors = eye hurty.
last of the major things, it's not studio pixel presents, it's the miraigamer community presents.
oh, I'd also contact jake to see if he has more on the story then what he said.

I might polish this up in a bit, but I gtg now.

oh, last thang - did you use ce or sw?

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Hi

I know, I just put a linkt ot he mimigma village so we had a basic idea there was a village or town outside. I used sues workshop. Ermm what did you think of ted? he took me a long time to make
thanks

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM
This Troper
Sorry, I got carried away a bit. So anyway:
- Ted's sprite looks different when facing left than when he's facing right. Maybe you intended that, but it doesn't look well. Also, Ted's movement is really jerky.
- What I had in mind when I was talking about the first map was something more like Arthur's house, i.e. all rooms in one screen. What you designed is a room the size of a church.

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Hey

Well i am going to edit the room
The thing about ted looking fdifferent right than left isnt intended, what it is, i made ted then made him the size to fit mychar.pbm so theres problems, but its earrly days, im working on the house now. I am going to use arthurs house sprites then when i get some good sprites use them instead.
Thanks a lot

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Oct 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
You don't need to walk anymore you can float 2 pixels off the ground!