Noxid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Hey Noxid, I'd like to point out that in this thread, the function list hosted on Mediafire is an older version than the function list on Tile44.

On Mediafire, it says:
    00414BF0 - <Player Movement?>

While on Tile44, it says:
    00414BF0 - Player frames
    (this is more accurate)

Personally I think it should be "00414BF0 - Store player's rects into global vars in preparation for rendering player" because that's more specific.

But anyway you should update the Mediafire function list.
    For the record, I was the first person to congratulate you on nu.
    My lead is still growing though!

That might be a good thing!
    How is em project?
    Noxid your 2000th post was on my thread, I feel so honored.

And congrats on 2000 posts!
    Could you move the League of Legends thread to the Freeware games section? The game and all it's gameplay content is free.
    Thanks
    hi noxid... I just want to tell you why Mrthadawee was acting so "imaturely". you see Mrthadawee was on the forums and it was time for tea so we went down and my little brother, you know the one who is 6, he already had his tea and he went up, and he saw Mrthadawee didn't log out, so he started to type stuff that made Mrthadawee look bad, and imature, so, can you mabey make the ban a little shorter, because It isn't Mrthadawee's fault!
    (btw I'm only explaining, so if you don't want to listen to me... then really your missing out on the truth!) :sun:
    Hm..

For the Assembler's syntax highlighting, I didn't check for Document changes at all, so I didn't need to use DocumentListener.
    I concluded that there were only 3 times that a document could change:

1. Opening a file.
    2. Pasting text.
    3. Typing (pressing a key and then releasing it)

Cutting (Ctrl+X) also changes the document but doesn't insert new text so it's okay to ignore it.

Recoloring the syntax upon opening a file is easy because you just do that right after the user presses the Open File button or whatever.

Instead of a document listener, I used a Key Listener to listen for keypresses (which signals change of text b/c of typing):
    (My JTextPane has been named textBox)
    Code:
    [B]//Add Listener. Put inside your GUI's constructor:[/B]
    textBox.addKeyListener(new java.awt.event.KeyAdapter() {
        public void keyReleased(java.awt.event.KeyEvent evt) {
            textBoxKeyReleased(evt);
        }
    });

//Put this in the main body of the GUI class:
    //This method will be run whenever a key is released by the user.
    private void textBoxKeyReleased(java.awt.event.KeyEvent evt) {                                    
        if (useSyntaxColorsCheckBox.isSelected())
            syntaxObj1.styleAsmCodeInLine(textBox,textBox.getCaretPosition());
    }

Again, I used KeyReleased instead of KeyPressed because KeyPressed causes chronological issues.

Paste was different. Ctrl+V normally works as paste in all JTextPanes, but we don't want that because we need to do a paste, and then color the syntax.
    So, we must override the paste action and replace it with a custom action. This requires an Action Listener, not a DocumentListener:
    Code:
    [B]//Remove paste action. Put inside your GUI's constructor:[/B]
    textBox.getInputMap().put(KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_V,
                              KeyEvent.CTRL_MASK),"none");

//Class field declaration follows. Put in main body of GUI class.
    paste = new javax.swing.JMenuItem();

[B]//Create new shortcut Ctrl+V for custom paste option. Put inside your GUI's constructor:[/B]
    paste.setAccelerator(javax.swing.KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(java.awt.event.KeyEvent.VK_V, java.awt.event.InputEvent.CTRL_MASK));
        paste.setText("Paste");
        paste.addActionListener(new java.awt.event.ActionListener() {
            public void actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) {
                pasteActionPerformed(evt);
            }
        });
    editMenu.add(paste);

//This method is the custom paste option.
    //First it makes the text pane visible,
    //then it performs a paste.
    //Finally, it recolors the syntax.
    private void pasteActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) {                                      
    	makeTextBoxVisible();
    	textBox.paste();
    	refreshSyntaxColorationBasedOnCheckBox();
    }

The paste+recolor syntax method is "connected" to the Paste button on the Edit Menu, which is also the same as pressing Ctrl+V if you disable the default Ctrl+V action for your JTextPane first.
    So close to 2000...
    You already unveiled your new celebratory avatar.

Also, from your picture of the petal cake,
    Royaltyler said:
    Yo on red flowers yo!!!
    What does that even mean
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…