give me any song and i'll try to tell how hard the theme will be to combo if it was in mother 3

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:23 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i know this is a weird one but i'll give it a shot (by the way, sorry for the mother 3 related "spam")

context:
one of mother 3's most unique features is that if a character uses their normal attack, they can get more hits in if they time the a button to the heartbeat of the enemy, or the beat of the song.

i'm going to give myself an example:

Deltarune Chapter 2 OST: 05 - Queen
Very hard. The song speeds up and slows down a lot, and these tempo changes would likely be very hard to adapt to.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 6:40 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ngl, I thought you meant Killer Queen at first, cuz that one's at a consistent 144bpm, but then I realized you meant the other song...

Okay, how about Rush E?

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:03 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Rush E:
I searched the song's tempo up, and apparently its BPM is only 80. I think the song's difficulty to combo will be average if it was in Mother 3, but I can definitely see it being hard.
According to the Mother 3 fandom wiki, Tragic Reconstruction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odQXupCHnHc) from the original game is actually faster than this song!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 9:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
Nov 22, 2022 at 2:06 AM
obligatory cave story track suggestion: wind fortress
Rather easy. There's nothing making the beat extremely obvious, but I don't think ORGMaker supports tempo changes, and there's only one section where the song seems to slow down. The hardest part would probably be to keep up with the beat of the song, since it's definitely going to be fast.

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:48 AM
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZwr511qGoY this song is in 10/8 but has frequent time signature changes
My only experience with King Gizzard is Vinny mentioning them on stream, but this is a banger.

Anyways, if all we're doing is tapping along to the underlying pulse, most of my gut reaction "difficult songs" probably aren't going to be that difficult since they're still in 4/4 and/or don't change bpm.

Despite how Splatoon 2 OST - Splattack (Octo) sounds, it's actually 4/4 (just really fast).
Savant - Change changes bpm ( :awesomeface: ), but it's pretty gradual and still in 4/4, so I can't imagine that being super difficult.
I'm honestly not sure what's going on with QUAVIS - Ulya's Misery . I was able to tap to the first half it in 4/4, but maybe that's because I've listened to it too much...
And finally, underscores - skincare/i is actually impossible; the artist confirmed it has no bpm :greydroll:

Nov 22, 2022 at 6:20 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I'll give you one track and one track only.
Marx's battle theme - Kirby Super Star
(also how does a song have no bpm)
Although that song doesn't change bpm so maybe it's easier than I think. . .

Nov 22, 2022 at 6:37 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think it'd be better if we changed the challenge to time signatures than bpm, cuz we seem to know more with that.

Nov 22, 2022 at 7:48 PM
I'll give you one track and one track only.
Marx's battle theme - Kirby Super Star
(also how does a song have no bpm)
Although that song doesn't change bpm so maybe it's easier than I think. . .
Probably very easy, assuming the heartbeat goes to the drums that aren't high hats, and each snare in the snare rolls aren't heartbeats. Although this sounds specific, this would likely be how the heartbeat would go.
Also, a song has no BPM if the author doesn't plan a specific beat. If I just mashed a ton of notes on my piano, it could count as a song, but wouldn't have a BPM.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:32 PM

Sorry I ruined your game.
My ears cannot handle whatever this is, so assuming from the small sample I listened to from the middle of the song, this will be somewhat hard to combo because or how disorienting and confusing the song is. You'll really need the song's heartbeat for this.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZwr511qGoY this song is in 10/8 but has frequent time signature changes
Frequent time signature changes sounds really bad. Dry Guys from the original game constantly switches time signatures and is already one of the hardest early game songs to combo, if not the hardest. Since this song is extremely long, it would be nearly impossible to memorize, although that won't be much of an issue due to this song likely having an obvious beat.
I think it would be around the difficulty of the most notorious themes in the game (Strong One, Back Beat Battle (Hard), Fate/Serious)