Yandere High School Season 3

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yandere High School Season 3 is a Cave Story mod based of the web series by ItsFunneh, you can go watch it here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfjWV0CFo_5wh1i6dQGTdWbHPRzn1WyrI

Journal log 1- 5 months has passed since the Funneh and Gold found that haunted house at the end of Season 2,
Now Funneh is entering her senior year of High School. Soon her school life would end and she
would reach adulthood and find a job....

But is she really ready for that...

On the other side, something sinister is happening...

Journal Log 2- Funneh, Gold, Kyran, Alec, Evan and Evelyn enter Deathcon, a Cave Story mod with 1 objective: claiming party ownership for Felicia's
party. Funneh must race against Felicia and Brittney for the party ownership.
FT. Lethrys Upscale
Journal Log 3-
Funneh, Kyran, Gold, Alec, Evan and Evelyn have found a major clue for Kyran's secret admirer. The next clue will be found at an arcade so Funneh, Kyran, Gold, Alec, Evan and Evelyn went to the arcade to find
the clue, but they must unlock a mod ticket in order to get the clue
Journal Log 4-
Funneh, Gold, Alec, Evan, Kyran, Evelyn and Bae goes on an epic journey
for Kyran's secret admirer
Journal Log 5- (TBA)
Yandere High School Season 3 4_24_2022 9_02_46 AM.png
Yandere High School Season 3 4_24_2022 9_04_45 AM.png

Here is the download link to the mod: https://doukutsuclub.knack.com/database#search-database/mod-details/626572eba316e6001ea420f2/

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 8:09 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I cant believe I played through this whole thing. As buggy and broken as it was, I finished it and had a blast. The humor at times is actually pretty hilarious (even if its dated) and I had a big dumb smile on my face through the whole thing. This mod is awesome.

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I cant believe I played through this whole thing. As buggy and broken as it was, I finished it and had a blast. The humor at times is actually pretty hilarious (even if its dated) and I had a big dumb smile on my face through the whole thing. This mod is awesome.
Im glad you enjoyed the mod despite its many bugs,

And yes, some of the humor is supposed to be dated to give of 2017 vibes since this season takes place in 2017-18

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:50 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
1650952200281.png
What the hell is this???
p.png
Edit: Okay, awesome, ACSS > JN

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 7:29 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The outdated humor legitimately got a bunch of chuckles out of me, genuinely hilarious, and love the writing style lol

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:02 AM
"Huzzah!"
I dont really play Cave Story mods, but I played this for a good bit, and it made me laugh with how unexpected its humor is

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:41 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hm, interesting, the main menu music started off as something else, then led into Cave Story. So that area you constructed in Cave Story Season 2 would end up getting used here. You plan things ahead more than I originally gave you credit for.

As with Cave Story Season 2, this mod was amusing with its nonsensical laugh-a-minute gags, and the pseudo art was adorable.

I'll have to say though, this mod really could have done with a lot more testing, as I found the navigation to be very confusing, and I was constantly stumbling into game-breaking bugs or oversights that required me to load my save file to progress. Cave Story Season 2 had similar problems, but at least I wasn't getting soft-locked every 5 minutes like in this mod.

At any given time when I was supposed to head to a class, it wasn't obvious to me where exactly I was supposed to go, so I just had to wander around until I found the right place.

As for all of the game-breaking or sequence-breaking bugs, here they are:
-When doing the Kahoot, and we're presented with the question on who dies in Dangan Ronpa 2, I selected the blacked out name. And this seemed to get the game in an infinite loop of dialogue which soft-locked me, so I had to reset and choose the other option to progress.
-After going back and giving the correct answer, I exited the room, and golden was still there by the door, so I re-entered, and the whole history class sequence played out again. This was kind of annoying.
-If I go into the Potion Shop a second time, the same cutscene as before plays out.
-In the lamp oil and bomb shop, I was at first confused why the guy said "Sorry Quote" when he said he's out of rope. But then I talked to him, and saw that you have some dialogue from Quote left over from Cave Story Season 2. Might want to fix that.
-I went to the puzzle shop when I was supposed to be on the fetch quest for the bomb and potion. I got the oatmeal, and it automatically transported me to the school again. Looks like a sequence break there. And I can't leave the school once this happens, so I had to load my save file and avoid the puzzle shop room to progress.
-I was on the map with the dorm rooms, went to the map to the left, came back to the room to the dorms on the right, and then immediately moved left, and I managed to fall off the edge of the map without the game noticing, which soft-locked me.
-I went up to the edge of the map where the school is, tried to go off to the left, and was given the little spiel about Vengance High not being a pleasant place. But after that, I went forward anyway, and again, I fell off the edge of the map without the game noticing, and I got soft-locked once again. I came back to the same spot later, and I got trapped in an infinite loop of those same lines being spoken over and over again, and I had to reset again.

Even on the 2nd day of classes, I can still go in and it's the same history class with the Kahoot as before. After going to the principal's office for missing the 1st period, I couldn't figure out where to go, and just got bored and stopped playing because the re-appearing NPCs and sequence breaks made me unsure of where to go and whether or not that's even the end of the demo.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:21 PM
As for all of the game-breaking or sequance-breaking bugs, here they are:
-When doing the Kahoot, and we're presented with the question on who dies in Dangan Ronpa 2, I selected the blacked out name. And this seemed to get the game in an infinite loop of dialogue which soft-locked me, so I had to reset and choose the other option to progress.
-After going back and giving the correct answer, I exited the room, and golden was still there by the door, so I re-entered, and the whole history class sequence played out again. This was kind of annoying.
-If I go into the Potion Shop a second time, the same cutscene as before plays out.
-In the lamp oil and bomb shop, I was at first confused why the guy said "Sorry Quote" when he said he's out of rope. But then I talked to him, and saw that you have some dialogue from Quote left over from Cave Story Season 2. Might want to fix that.
-I went to the puzzle shop when I was supposed to be on the fetch quest for the bomb and potion. I got the oatmeal, and it automatically transported me to the school again. Looks like a sequence break there. And I can't leave the school once this happens, so I had to load my save file and avoid the puzzle shop room to progress.
-I was on the map with the dorm rooms, went to the map to the left, came back to the room to the dorms on the right, and then immediately moved left, and I managed to fall off the edge of the map without the game noticing, which soft-locked me.
-I went up to the edge of the map where the school is, tried to go off to the left, and was given the little spiel about Vengance High not being a pleasant place. But after that, I went forward anyway, and again, I fell off the edge of the map without the game noticing, and I got soft-locked once again. I came back to the same spot later, and I got trapped in an infinite loop of those same lines being spoken over and over again, and I had to reset again.

Even on the 2nd day of classes, I can still go in and it's the same history class with the Kahoot as before. After going to the principal's office for missing the 1st period, I couldn't figure out where to go, and just got bored and stopped playing because the re-appearing NPCs and sequence breaks made me unsure of where to go and whether or not that's even the end of the demo.
Most of these bugs are just me forgetting to put some properties into certain entities.

I will make an patch that will fix this.

And for some reason, I dont see anything that would interfere a softlock during the dorm sections in the TSC, the "Run Event On Contact" flag is set and the <TRA would send Funneh 2 blocks way from the entity that would <TRA Funneh to the school building outside.

Also if your having trouble reaching classes on time
Check your schedule frequently, they tell where the classes are.
You can check the signs in the hall to help you find your current class.

EDIT: The Update is available now.

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 4:46 AM
Journal Log 2 is 70% percent done, expect the update to release in early June. (Dont count on it tho,)

How will Journal Log 2 be released, most of you would think it will release in a seperate download version. Well actually, it will be released in a .zip file along with Journal Log 1

Thats right, the entire season is packed into one .zip file

For now, enjoy this random screenshots and teasers for the Journal Log
302screenshot.PNG
Also here are some images that I posted onto discord. So you will get to see these on the forums.
ActualGameScreenshot.PNG
BIRDIE.PNG

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:18 PM
JOURNAL LOG 2 IS NOW AVAILABLE
MoviePoster1.png
It will be released as an update Journal Log 1 but
they will be 2 separate mods that is included in
the same zip, this makes updating the Journal Logs easier unlike Cave Story Season 2 where I have to reupload the same Episodes in order after updating a previous one.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:57 PM
Update on Journal Log 3:
The Journal Log is 60% done. I will show some unedited Gacha Characters that will make their way into facepics be in the Journal Log as well as a few bonus characters that I made for fun and wont be in the Journal Log:
Draca.png
Falice.png
Aly.png
Goldboi.png
snuuy.png
AubreyOMORI.png

Might edit this post to add some background cutscenes but who knows.

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:36 PM
Based Member
Hype for your new cast of oddball characters.

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:41 PM
Aug 22, 2022 at 9:01 PM
I said Journal Log 3 is gonna release this month but the Journal Log is nearly done but nowhere from being done this month and im moving houses sometime next month. So Journal Log 3 will probably be released in September.

Journal Log 1 will be updated with clarification fixes when Journal Log 3 releases.

Im pretty sure I posted a similar image of this on discord, but I figured I would add this for Forum viewers:
Yandere High School Season 3 8_22_2022 12_59_23 PM.png

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 11:22 PM
Journal Log 3 is finally out
YHSS3Poster.png
Enjoy this new poster I made for the Season
Also I uploaded a new Modfest Mod unrelated to this.

Oct 1, 2022 at 10:13 PM
I feel confident that Journal Log 4 will probably be released on October or next month, but I probably wont be working on it for a while because my family and I are moving houses. But enjoy these 2 screenshots:
Yandere High School Season 3 10_1_2022 2_08_01 PM.png
Yandere High School Season 3 10_1_2022 2_08_33 PM.png

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:18 AM
Minor Valentines Update:
Happy Valentines, I decided to quit being lazy and start work on an update for Journal Logs 1-3. They will all feature a new custom title org make by metallicLurker.

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:13 AM
Based Member
Sweet, nice to see this is still going. Sorry I haven't played the latest demo, since I've been busy, but I still admire what you're doing here and you have my support.

Mar 22, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Journal Log 4 is finally released

YHSPoster.png

Huge thanks to metallicLurker for making the custom ORGs for this mod.

May 26, 2023 at 2:05 AM
A short Journal Log 5 update
bkFunnehread.png
Before you read this update, check out this cool Pizza Tower title card I made: title card
Journal Log 5 is coming along pretty nicely. Although I would say its about 40% done. metallicLurker is currently focusing on IRL stuff, so I got Dredged Crusader to do the custom ORGs for this mod.
Journal Log 5 might release in the summer.

Last edited: