Undertale

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:29 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

This one?

That's the one. Very good, I never did figure out how to get the embed video option to work.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:12 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Quick question -
I heard that fanon considers that Genocide happens first, which the character end the run when "That one awesome battle" happens. Then the character goes Neutral/Pacifist[*] and then true ending. What do you think? I frankly have to agree. I think it would've been like
Chara possessed Frisk at the start
but the character freed themself.

This i mean by killing no one, but doing the neutral ending, going back to fix requirements and then going to true.

The genocide run is extremely meta. Flowey and Sans' dialogues basically say that you're considering their world as a set of values and variables to be tampered with "to see how it goes", and that you can reset at will, which is a perfect description of what a video game is.
Flowey assumes that you were bored with attempting every possible combination of actions within the game (from a No Mercy normal run to a True Pacifist run) before finally deciding to kill everything just to see what it'd be like, thereby implying that numerous Normal runs and True Pacifists runs have probably been completed before this first Genocide run.
This directly answers your question: Genocide run is the last one, and it's implied that True Pacifist is the previous one.

Now the interesting part is that it technically means that there is no "first" or "last" run, as all of them have probably been done (or are going to be done) several times overall. Sans says that they will never be free, because you will always decide to reset the game at one point, even after a True Pacifist run, which will put them in the hell of having to watch and wait as you decide who to kill and who to spare in your next run, for all eternity.

To me, True Pacifist is the real ending, how the game is supposed to end, and Genocide is the meta ending that explains why it's not the case. The effects of the Genocide run affect even other endings, as the player could, after a Genocide run, decide that their next True Pacifist run will be their last run in order to let the characters in the game free, a concept that is not mentioned until you actually decide to reset the game.

Undertale is pretty fuckin meta.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2015 at 12:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2015 at 1:25 AM
This without the spaces:
Code:
[ YOUTUBE ] IMNLy67ihY4 [ / YOUTUBE ]

The text within the tags is the youtube ID for that video.

You can see the youtube ID in the url:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMNLy67ihY4

Oh, and see here:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/help/bb-codes

Should I maybe add a help button to the bbcode editor?

No, I always just clicked the "add video" button and it never works. This is better. Thanks.

MORE ORGS!!!

• ASGORE - This one is pretty meh, I'm not happy with it.
  • Finale
  • Spear of Justice
  • Sans.

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
So.....Im like at the checkout page on steam right now for Undertale. Should I buy now or wait til the steam black friday sale at the end of the month? Like this isnt some troll question im dead serious cause i've got a lot of games in my schedule now. I got betrayer on friday to pass the time until fallout 4, but holy crap that game was short.

So should i buy undertale? Or will it take more time to play than 9 days?

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:47 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
So.....Im like at the checkout page on steam right now for Undertale. Should I buy now or wait til the steam black friday sale at the end of the month? Like this isnt some troll question im dead serious cause i've got a lot of games in my schedule now. I got betrayer on friday to pass the time until fallout 4, but holy crap that game was short.

wait till the sales, that's what you should do with every steam game

Nov 1, 2015 at 6:41 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

it can take less than three days if you're good
so definitely less than 9, unless you go for the genocide ending
just for the regular and best endings, it won't take long.

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Nov 1, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
it can take less than three days if you're good
so definitely less than 9, unless you go for the genocide ending
just for the regular and best endings, it won't take long.
Oh thanks to both of you for the advice. I'll hold out til the sale because it's probably going to be like $2. So I guess I can just replay an old game while waiting for Fallout...I guess Red Faction Guerrilla will have to make a return :)

Anyways looks like a cool game, although the Earthbound comparisons seem to be a bit exaggerated. I get the weird humor and old style gameplay but it really doesn't look much like it.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:29 PM
scrungy
MARKIPLIER IS PLAYING UNDERTALE.

I REPEAT

UNDERTALE IS BEING PLAYED BY THE PINK MUSTACHE.
I think I can safely assume that this is a very bad thing

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:12 PM
MARKIPLIER IS PLAYING UNDERTALE.

I REPEAT

UNDERTALE IS BEING PLAYED BY THE PINK MUSTACHE.

Undertale is blowing up the internet. My friends are getting sucked into it and I didn't even force them to play it.

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Nov 2, 2015 at 5:24 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I made another music thing (Dog Dance)

Anyone who says orgmaker is better than pxtone after this is objectively wrong.

EDIT: Nyoof Woof Woof

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM
I made another music thing (Dog Dance)

EDIT: Nyoof Woof Woof

LOL why. I do think pxtone is better, but I don't have the skill to use it effectively. Especially since I literally suck at making my own PtVoices. I'm stuck with whatever has already been included with pxtone.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
LOL why. I do think pxtone is better, but I don't have the skill to use it effectively. Especially since I literally suck at making my own PtVoices. I'm stuck with whatever has already been included with pxtone.

You can also use .wav and .ogg samples (like I did for the dog bark). And also I'd recommend you get the PEPOFONT (lots of ptvoices/samples).

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:43 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I will need to improve on @Noxid's PxTone hack then, so that people can use the songs in-game.

Has anyone re-made music from Undertale using PiyoPiyo? You could only use those in Ikachan though :(

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:13 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Now, I haven't paid too much attention to the spoilered videos so far, but I have a feeling that there's been some serious lack of dog in this thread. I shall remedy this.