New profile posts

let's say i was hypothetically going to make a little mod to make myself less rusty with asm and tsc, which concept sounds the best? puzzle, platforming, regular 2d cave story gameplay, another hullet bell but better, or ..?
Orbit
Orbit
Why not all the above
I'm also interested in seeing CS themed puzzles
Hina
Hina
@Orbit that's the kind of conclusion i'm coming up with now, just.. mash everything up, blend it together, slap a simple coat of paint on it, and see what it becomes
i've already laid some groundwork, now i just need to plan it out and create the best - or the worst - hybrid anyone's ever seen
Orbit
Orbit
That's the spirit! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
After a while of thinking, I think it would be best if I put Project Ampersand on an indefinite hold.
I'm doing this because my current conditions make it difficult for progress to be made.
I'm not very good with TSC. I'm only passable at making maps. I have to rely on someone else to edit the source code. I have to rely on other people to create artwork/sprites because I can't draw, and the artists are never able to finish anything for the mod. And the only thing I'm actually really good at is music.
For so long, I really didn't want to put Project Ampersand on hold because I wanted people to have hope for it, and I didn't want it to end up like other abandoned/cancelled mods. Now I've realized that I should, given the conditions I stated.
While Project Ampersand is on hold, I will participate in modfests more often, and use the mods I make during those modfests as practice.
I will try to practice drawing, as well as maybe learning how to use a game engine like Unity or Godot or something. I'll also put more time into learning Japanese, but I don't know if that's really on topic.
I've been procrastinating for so long, and I have only three years left until I'm an adult. I need to become more skilled at these things, so I can be successful in doing the things I want to do, and to quell the pain of this mid life crisis.
Along side that, starting today, I will no longer be known as Extra Life. Starting today, I will now be known as...

Infinityβ
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Hey Infinity, go for what makes you happy; and I like the name change, it's cool. Can't wait to see what comes out of your work.
Orbit
Orbit
It shows a lot a strength to walk away from a passion project to work on yourself. For whatever project you take on in the future, whether it's for CS or not, I trust you'll make something great. "To Infinity and βeyond" but that joke was already made.
Cibryll
Cibryll
∞β?

But yeah, practice makes perfect!
The others already said what I would've liked to say. =P
i will be getting a CRT TV this weekend hopefully (ultimate gamecube gaming coming soon............)
Orbit
Orbit
Getting that premium retro experience
Nerdieo
Nerdieo
BRO EARLY 2000S SIMULATOR LETS GOOOO
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 7.58.14 pm.png
i am a serious sprite artist :]

also, i've started a new job which has taken up a lot of my energy - plus getting my hands on a copy of legends: arceus and the impending release of the new kirby game... i'm gonna be distracted for a while, aren't i...

oh well, i'll cycle back around to fixating on modding soon enough, i have something i wanna get out for april fools at least!
I've been tempted to get a rabbit as a pet and giving it some cave story related name but idk yet maybe i should finish my next video first
Nerdieo
Nerdieo
I've had rabbits before, and I genuinely love them! I have some experience with the care, but had to give them away since I wasn't able to afford them anymore.
Hina
Hina
in this case, go ahead! that should be a lovely hobby (if it counts?) and a great conversation piece, plus you'll have an adorable bunny =w=
Eli
Eli
the ultimate meme would be to name it toroko and only feed it red coloured flowers (*do not actually do this)
One endless loop can destroy a lot more than I thought.
Hina
Hina
resetting windows should not remove any of your files if you're on win8 or higher? and dlls, yeah, those can be a pain
Cibryll
Cibryll
Aside from the Windows folder (which got completely reset), Windows 10 removed files that were in the AppData and ProgramData folders, though; I'm guessing hidden folders aren't exactly safe places for files. Kinda stupid that some games (and programs) would store save data there instead of, say, Saved Games or Documents, but… oh well. Best I can do is make the best of the situation.
Just about 14 games affected by the missing DLLs, though, and that should be easy enough to deal with.
Hina
Hina
that's a shame, but it does make sense in one way or another
i love the nintendo wii so much!
LxLe
LxLe
cavestory for wiiware
2DBro
2DBro
i recently replayed cave story wiiware and i forgot how buggy and bad it was
I really need to stop goofing off and work on Terminus, hopefully finish the first sector before the end of December.
(But I wanna play more games instead… T_T )
had a dream that @HaydenStudios replied to the latest theory thread with a super-long reply that probably wouldn't fit within the board limits
and also that there was somebody that had issues with overheating PC while running cavestory with RTX 2010 (or 1200?), apparently the PC wasn't getting enough power, as deduced by magicdoors
what is wrong with my head
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Heh, to be honest, that doesn't sound too far off from reality.
I'm gonna be super super busy the rest of this month but once we reach April 2nd can y'all remind me (aka harass me) to start finishing mods and posting them here again. Litterally sitting on a dozen tiny little fellas made from 2017-2021 just needing some finishing touches and a thread(s) to call home.
Brayconn
Brayconn
~remind bug enlight on April 2 2022
2DBro
2DBro
start finishing mods and post them here
Updated Episode 5,
This should fix the annoying softlocks.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
I have a real question for you.
Why do you unironically use Gacha?
It's pretty cringe not gonna lie.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
I don't think he's using it unironically. Just about everything that minecraftstorymodefan puts out conveys an attitude of not taking himself very seriously. Either that, or he does mean this all unironically, in which case he has a breathtaking lack of self-awareness, but still manages to channel his energy in a way that isn't very irritating. I don't really care which of those two things is the case, because either way, I find it adorably endearing. In 10 years, he's going to have a really fun time looking back on this stuff, and I mean that in a good way.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
I love the facepics as they are. Minecraftstorymodefan's work is unabashedly uniquely "them" in a way I can't describe, but definitely enjoy.

In my opinion there's no harm in fun mods like these made by a few people from time to time. There are other people making the serious facepic stuff.
now that i think about it cave story's leveling system is absolutely brilliant
a lot of the time you tend to skip past enemies in games but cave story encourages you to actually fight them
even if you're at level 3 maxed out you still fight the enemies because of muscle memory and the collecting noise being really pleasant to hear
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
It sure is.
Mint
Mint
You generally also get more wanting for that exp because of how much the weapons can change when you level them.
It's not just higher damage, they can start looking cooler or go faster and farther!
just uploaded a teaser for evergreen's next update on discord - hopefully i'll get some good feedback and be able to get the full demo update out sometime this month...
Hina
Hina
boomers rejoice
Eli
Eli
felt like it wasn't ready for a public release just yet, hence the choice to keep it to just my server. ironically though discord is down atm ;P
Mint
Mint
came here just to say that too lmao
Back