New profile posts

i love the nintendo wii so much!
LxLe
LxLe
cavestory for wiiware
2DBro
2DBro
i recently replayed cave story wiiware and i forgot how buggy and bad it was
I really need to stop goofing off and work on Terminus, hopefully finish the first sector before the end of December.
(But I wanna play more games instead… T_T )
had a dream that @HaydenStudios replied to the latest theory thread with a super-long reply that probably wouldn't fit within the board limits
and also that there was somebody that had issues with overheating PC while running cavestory with RTX 2010 (or 1200?), apparently the PC wasn't getting enough power, as deduced by magicdoors
what is wrong with my head
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Heh, to be honest, that doesn't sound too far off from reality.
I'm gonna be super super busy the rest of this month but once we reach April 2nd can y'all remind me (aka harass me) to start finishing mods and posting them here again. Litterally sitting on a dozen tiny little fellas made from 2017-2021 just needing some finishing touches and a thread(s) to call home.
Brayconn
Brayconn
~remind bug enlight on April 2 2022
2DBro
2DBro
start finishing mods and post them here
Updated Episode 5,
This should fix the annoying softlocks.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
I have a real question for you.
Why do you unironically use Gacha?
It's pretty cringe not gonna lie.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
I don't think he's using it unironically. Just about everything that minecraftstorymodefan puts out conveys an attitude of not taking himself very seriously. Either that, or he does mean this all unironically, in which case he has a breathtaking lack of self-awareness, but still manages to channel his energy in a way that isn't very irritating. I don't really care which of those two things is the case, because either way, I find it adorably endearing. In 10 years, he's going to have a really fun time looking back on this stuff, and I mean that in a good way.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
I love the facepics as they are. Minecraftstorymodefan's work is unabashedly uniquely "them" in a way I can't describe, but definitely enjoy.

In my opinion there's no harm in fun mods like these made by a few people from time to time. There are other people making the serious facepic stuff.
now that i think about it cave story's leveling system is absolutely brilliant
a lot of the time you tend to skip past enemies in games but cave story encourages you to actually fight them
even if you're at level 3 maxed out you still fight the enemies because of muscle memory and the collecting noise being really pleasant to hear
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
It sure is.
Mint
Mint
You generally also get more wanting for that exp because of how much the weapons can change when you level them.
It's not just higher damage, they can start looking cooler or go faster and farther!
just uploaded a teaser for evergreen's next update on discord - hopefully i'll get some good feedback and be able to get the full demo update out sometime this month...
Hina
Hina
boomers rejoice
Eli
Eli
felt like it wasn't ready for a public release just yet, hence the choice to keep it to just my server. ironically though discord is down atm ;P
Mint
Mint
came here just to say that too lmao
Chivalry is still Sue's father, to be honest. in my heart at least.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Desu never ended up getting over that one.
Remembering my old horrible mods and I hate(?) all of them
Mint
Mint
I take pride in my weird concepts and thats about it.
Pushing the limits of what one can do without diving too deep into ASM hacking still remains a fun challenge to me and especially is one that I can't really find myself doing in the regular programming of nowadays.
Hina
Hina
if it wasn't for the past mods, the future ones likely would not have come into existence
they surely served their role as... uh... experience givers! and cringe holders!
but that's how the learning process goes, i suppose
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
I'm truly ashamed of my old mods because one, they completely and utterly suck. And two, people spent time playing them that they will never get back.
Back