Cibryll
Used to be, until January last year.
Today was interesting....
Goerge Bobicles
Goerge Bobicles
what happened?
Aislinn.LMstudio
Aislinn.LMstudio
I stayed in the counseling office during the assembly, and will most likely do the same tomorrow. There was a small group there during the assembly. I'm not sure how many will be there tomorrow as well.
So you HAVE been counting down for today to come. Welcome back.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Yes I have, but trust me, I'm a new and changed man now, I will do more good than harm to this community now. Also surprised you even remember me.
BLink
BLink
We don't forget very easily.

We all still remember high heel gamer and balrog toasters.
Hey andwhyisit :] Do you play any visual novels? I noticed your post about wanting to create a VN Cave Story mod, that fell through... Was wondering if you had any recommendations~ I played Steins;Gate recently, and it was a lot of fun :]
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
I don't play a huge number of VNs. The VN mod was only meant to be a proof of concept anyway.

Virtue's Last Reward is a personal recommendation of mine though. Branching timelines ahoy!
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I was a bit addicted to VNs thanks to my interest in seeing games translated into english, like the action RPG Ys series. Which lead me to the Planetarian translation long ago... (Now on Steam!)
<a href='http://store.steampowered.com/app/316720/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://store.steampo...com/app/316720/</a>

And I found many more wonderful ones after that. (...lots of poor ones too lol).
But it's tough to recommend VNs to casual gamers when they add adult content, and so many do...

Like Fate/stay night and Tsukihime. Those are two wonderful VNs that have spawned an entire culture...
...And Phantom of the Inferno, G-senjou no Maou, Utawarerumono, YU-NO, Demonbane, Shikokku no Sharnoth, Chaos;Head, I/O revision II, etc... I want to go around telling everyone to go check them out because they really are great experiences... But...

But I digress.

Back on track... I always thought a VN mod would have been interesting... It's trendy to use as little dialogue as possible these days, but I'd love to see a well written narrative told through Cave Story. Writing is tough though... :x

And thanks for the recommendation!
Virtue's Last Reward sounds like something I'd love. I recognize the writer too. Just wish it was on PC... Been putting off buying a new console since purchasing the PS2 years and years ago. Services like Steam spoil me. But, one of these days I'll get it!

Btw if you don't know anything about Steins;Gate, you would probably enjoy it. It's on the same subject matter I believe :] And it'll be out on Vita and PS3 in english later this year... (Not to mention it's already out on PC at places like Rightstuf.)
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
I've been looking at Fate/stay night and Steins;Gate for a while but I haven't gotten around to it since I don't play many PC games.

But news of a Vita release is most welcome indeed.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm even still gonna be here by the time I'm out of high school
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
hope that one day you can make it out
don't get your hopes up too much though
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
I'll be here forever! [•-•]
Yinga
Yinga
That's what they want you to think
Well, according to your about me section, you're stating that you're a nerd but weirder.And saying that we'll find out how. Not to be rude, but your name is ILOVEVHS. I don't think there's much to learn.
ILOVEVHS
ILOVEVHS
You naive little fool. What nerd doesn't like cassette tapes. I'm talking aboutother things. The inner mechanizations of my mind are an enigma.
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
it's machinations not mechanizations that's not even a word
Writing is the one thing that doesn't abandon me in my darkest times, times very few know of. Writing is there with an outlet and consolation.
Hmm... Aren't Amiibos supposed to learn your fighting style? Or do they plan against it? If they are to learn your style, then my Shulk Amiibo is doing very poorly. If they are to learn against it... Well, fuck, I'll never get my Shulk Amiibo to play as I want him to.
SeasonsOfDestiny
SeasonsOfDestiny
I also have a Shulk amiibo which likes to use Monado Jump a lot, though I guess it's so it can jump off the edge and reliably make it back to the ledge. The purpose for that, though, is beyond me. I've also heard that at some point in the training it helps to do mirror matches, which in this case would be you playing as Shulk against your amiibo.
Kayya
Kayya
I've only played as Shulk versus my Amiibo.
Though one time I did pit him against my other Amiibos, that may have been part of it...
Polaris
Polaris
Wow, I had no idea that Amiibo training can be so advanced. Technology's gotten really cool :3
Back