New profile posts

Guys i drew Nanao real
FpiUaVtWcAABMGv
i don't even care about off that much anymore but whenever i see an off reference i become extremely happy
Orbit
Orbit
Same, but to a lesser extent. Same with Cave Story. I can't describe it but it's good feeling to have.
Hello.

Around three weeks ago, I left every Cave Story Discord server. Some people may have noticed and wondered why exactly I did. I now might as well give an explanation.

To put simply, Cave Story has kind of been ruined for me, due to being jealous of everyone in the community and my depression causing me to destroy my reputation and screw myself over.
I don't really enjoy talking in this community anymore, and most of time, I wouldn't be in a good mood at all, or I'd see something that makes me jealous and upset.
I tried to fix myself and move forward, but there was a last straw that made me completely give up on everything.
So, I've decided to be a bit more distant from the Cave Story community indefinitely so I won't see, hear, or remember as many things that upset me as often.
As of late, I've been mainly talking in the Ori community, and I don't get upset as often when talking there. I'm sometimes in a bad mood when talking there, but the people there are so kind and wholesome, and they don't get frustrated with me like in this community.

That's kind of basically it. I hope you understand.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
Let me make it clear that Cave Story is still my favorite game of all time, but I just don't to see or hear anything about the community anymore.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
@Orbit Just letting you know, there's nowhere else for me to go and I lost the ability to be happy.
Orbit
Orbit
:c I'm positive you'll find a place you'll fit into, though it might take some searching. As for the thing about happiness, I dunno how to respond to that, but let's both hope that life will give you something to be happy about.
Man, simply looking back here after so long makes me feel so old... and pleasantly nostalgic. I was linking Ordeal Pillar to a couple friends since they didn't know I modded games, and figured I'd peek my head in far enough to say something. Not dead yet; just lurking, being busy elsewhere, and trying to, well, exist. The world's making that last one hard, though.
I'm trying to think of how one could make vanilla elements of cave story into a metroidvania without explicitly just using flags with items/events

You have things like breaking blocks and natural HP requirements but I'm not sure what else off the top of my head.
Mint
Mint
Some smart flag usage could also use the timer for something.
Combine it with any ways to make sections faster and...
existingaccount
existingaccount
damage boosting? idk, sounds counterintuitive to force a player to take damage to progress.
Serri
Serri
I do think a cave story mod without using <FLJ flags is possible, tho. You just really gotta think outside the box, cuz some of them (like <MPJ) take a byte's worth of memory, rather than the bits that <FLJ flags use, and some of them even have a hard limit.
I keep forgetting this site exists.
Serri
Serri
You're better off continuing to forget, lol
Fatih
Fatih
you shouldn't forget
Serri
Serri
Nothing here changes as much now, take away 2-3 years and it's probably still the same.
i made a cs randomizer stream setup but nobody is going to watch that sort of thing

the masculine urge to make a cs mod only to give up ten minutes in
Brayconn
Brayconn
I know of at least one person that would watch a CS-rando stream
i can't post any recent progress on evergreen cause it's all spoiler heavy, but rest assured i'm still actively working on it!

no promise on a release date, but i'm close to done with designing the new area - i need to implement a boss, draw some CGs, then the sequence to return back to the hub - and after that it's just polishing, polishing and more polishing (and harassing my friends into bugtesting it for me) until a public release!

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 12.12.26 pm.png
Serri
Serri
Damn, posting nsfw here :p
existingaccount
existingaccount
i have a feeling that the censor bar is actually just there and the robot in this image is not naked at all
Serri
Serri
Don't make me quote a certain subreddit...
something's stirring.... an autumn moon~

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 9.30.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 9.30.31 PM.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 7
Serri
Serri
after all these years, an update will finally come?
Ryuuoutan
Ryuuoutan
:p not necessarily an update, I'm thinking of revamping it~ like, start from scratch ^^;
Back