New profile posts

Hey Hina are you still around? Just saw that your Discord account is gone so just wanted to keep in touch.
TrashboxBobylev
TrashboxBobylev
takimayaa@gmail.com (I am not hina/takimaya, I am just posting the email they had in desc as communication thing)
Hina
Hina
not sure if i want the email publicly available here, but yeah, you can reach me there. not sure if discord keeps the profile description up during the deletion phase - i've had the contact email there for around a month
sorry for not notifying you directly, but despite planning the whole thing for two months or so i still wasn't able to tie up all the loose ends
the forums updated and i cant see what this update entails.
Jade
Jade
Blur effect on profile posts...
Profile posts take a long time to load initially for some reason, so this is deffos a much newer version of the forum software and I'm not sure if the new loading system is exactly BETTER to be honest.

If we're gonna have a loading screen on this site atleast make it the CS3D one lol
the term strongbad_email.exe, while being used canonically as both the program that strong bad uses to check his emails, and as the name of the sbemail dvds, makes me think of a strong bad email creepypasta where like, strong bad just actually fucking kills strong sad instead of merely threatening to do so
D
DrippingYellow
No need, Strong Sad already willed himself to death back in 20 aught 8
kurosurintomasu
kurosurintomasu
ah. of course. thats the real creepy pasta right there. dealing with the grief of the loss of a loved one due to suicide.
or rather, strong bad's lack thereof.
actually probably not gonna be really active here but let's just say i'm working on a CS mod so uhhhhh see you soon
What's the photo in your banner from?
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
So! I made an effort and stitched together a new soundfont for The Way, for use with virtualMIDIsynth: (600 MB compressed rar)
Yamaha Tyros 4_Just_T4_Fixed-XCal0.4.2.rar
It is generally geared towards all 6 episodes of midis. (Maybe biased towards the later episodes actually...)
Not perfect, but hard to make a one size fits all song solution soundfont.

Or as I mentioned previously, I believe this is the old soundfont I used back then:
EDIT: Watched that old video and this should be the soundfont from the video, I guess that's the one I used long ago?:
https://github.com/guoyu07/midi2mp3/blob/master/PC51d.sf2

Two decent starting points for music enhancement. (Or you can grab the Cave Story orgmaker soundfont :debug: etc)
Jade
Jade
Was this based on other soundfonts from the internet? Like as a personal "I think this sounds nice" or is it based on what the original game was composed for?
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
It's the former. I don't know about any official, The Way, non-midi tracks to use as a reference. And a lot of the music comes from existing songs from that time period. (There was some original music though. But only midi as far as I know.)
And yes, since this is based on existing soundfonts I wouldn't upload it to any soundfont site. Not sure how strict they are. Most are quite old. Just figured I'd see what I could do with what I had.

Here's an example:
Audio volume warning on a few soundfonts!
Comparing the midi starting with the default sound of Microsoft Sound Mapper, then the "original" unreleased track from Final Fantasy VIII, followed by various soundfonts (starting with the soundfont I mixed and matched for The Way), followed by various randomly chosen soundfonts showing the variety you can find. Lastly, I play the mp3 version I directly put together a long time ago.

Sorry for the various audio volumes, need to put a limiter into the loop!
Of course some sound better on some songs, and worse in others.
somewhat abrupt : i dont think ill continue using these forums any longer. if you care enough about this, figure out my contact info and ask why. bye.
Back