Would you have fought Misery if Omega hadn't shown up?

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I find it a bit odd that Misery challenges you, then runs off when Omega appears. Maybe Pixel was planning to have Misery break the curse on the Sun Stones. (Pokémon FTW)

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Anyway, I don't think you would fight Misery. I think you would fight Balrog :3
I think it was pretty strongly implied that she wasn't going to leave it up to Balrog again, as she points out how he failed. She even offered to settle it. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you would have fought her if Omega hadn't shown up.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think it was pretty strongly implied that she wasn't going to leave it up to Balrog again, as she points out how he failed. She even offered to settle it. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you would have fought her if Omega hadn't shown up.
OK then, I see that I was wrong. You're right, she said that.

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sand Zone is the only area before you defeat the Core where you don't fight Balrog, so maybe a Balrog fight was planned for SZ at one point.

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
well, from the misery balcony fight, at the time of the sand zone, most players would have been curbstomped by her at that time

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What I meant was a whole different boss battle, different from the Balcony.

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I count from First Cave to the end of the Egg Corridor as one stage.

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know, but that's just my opinion. The First Cave doesn't mean much, Mimiga Village is short, and the Egg Corridor is relatively short compared to the rest of the game.

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Jul 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Yep~ An unprepared Quote might have died against Misery at that point in the game...
Maybe Jenka had something to do with Omega's timely appearence? Or maybe it was sheer luck...

It's a good question though, did Misery come for Quote? Or come to try to break the seal and find Quote?
Did Omega's defeat break the seal? Or did Jenka lift the seal once Omega was defeated?

Jul 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Based Member
Yep~ An unprepared Quote might have died against Misery at that point in the game...
Maybe, maybe not. People have beaten her at the throne room during minimal item runs, which might suggest Quote could in fact have beaten her in the Sand Zone. I guess that's the kind of the Pixel left for the player to decide.

Maybe Jenka had something to do with Omega's timely appearence? Or maybe it was sheer luck...

Did Omega's defeat break the seal? Or did Jenka lift the seal once Omega was defeated?
If you talk to Jenka for the first time without a puppy, she says, "Who are you...? I've never seen you around before." So I'm doubtful that she had anything to do with Omega and the lifting of the sunstones. Then again, I could be wrong and she was just pretending to be oblivious.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:43 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Maybe, maybe not. People have beaten her at the throne room during minimal item runs, which might suggest Quote could in fact have beaten her in the Sand Zone. I guess that's the kind of the Pixel left for the player to decide.
Very true... People can do 3 hp runs after all xD It all depends on whether Quote improves his abilities and weapons during the course of the game. [Game mechanics doesn't necessarily = story]

If Pixel wanted to show a difference in power, like when Balrog stomps Quote suddenly without player interaction... he could just make her invincible or be wickedly more deadly than before the intended confrontation... We'll never know...

If you talk to Jenka for the first time without a puppy, she says, "Who are you...? I've never seen you around before." So I'm doubtful that she had anything to do with Omega and the lifting of the sunstones. Then again, I could be wrong and she was just pretending to be oblivious.
I would think Jenka must know Curly. And I'd like to think she spoke with Jenka in the ten years ago... It might make sense if Jenka believed Curly to be the savior that would finally help her brother. Except Curly lost her memory somehow... also perhaps Jenka left the care of those Colons to Curly?

EDIT:[Alternatively, maybe just Hajime knew Curly and helped her? He seemed to know her... he seemed to watch out for Curly after all... More random theories...]

I really want to draw conclusions from having Curly live so close to Jenka. She could have moved from somewhere else, but I would like to think that's where she awoke... And then Jenka probably would have taught Curly the same history as given to Quote...

And what if there's a reason both Quote and Curly's memory were wiped? A reason such as an intentional wipe?
It's far fetched... but what if they were trying to erase some kind of command or directive they were given?
Like how text about Ballos scrolls at key points in the game when they are on track. (kinda like if they are remembering something...)

Unlikely but just another theory xD

*ahem as for Jenka knowing Quote... you could very well be right. AND/OR she doesn't know what kind of robot Quote is now. If she knew Q and C back then, and knew something happened that alters who they are...
Then... you might as well be talking to a stranger if they don't know you, behave differently...