Win a Cave Story wiimote! (Yes one of THOSE you are thinking right now!)

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:22 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Yeah... Chako calls him that.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:24 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mr. Fist said:
Yeah... Chako calls him that.

ahhhh lol, damn, havnt played in ages to remember ;_;

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:11 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Only does Chako say that after the Doctor fight near the end. At least that's what Aeon Genesis put down. I believe the newest translation doesn't mention it, however.

Seems like my incessant pleas for not revealing Quote's name (other than here) made Tyrone call him that. I started to call the hero that all the way back in October 22, 2008 on Nicalis' blog. He finally got the message a few months later.

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
To the extend of my knowledge.
In the Wii version, "Mr. Traveler" is only used in the manual itself.

Mar 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
dqle said:
Only does Chako say that after the Doctor fight near the end.
I believe Chaco says something like "Are you a traveler?" to Quote early on in the game as well.

Mar 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Well, I meant specifically "Mr. Traveler", but yeah, she does mention it when you first meet her, dangerous weapon and all.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
dqle said:
Seems like my incessant pleas for not revealing Quote's name (other than here) made Tyrone call him that. I started to call the hero that all the way back in October 22, 2008 on Nicalis' blog. He finally got the message a few months later.

I still don't really understand why it at all matters. I mean, yeah, you're supposed to do a lot of specific things to actually learn his name, but it involves the road to the Sacred Grounds and most people who're going there are probably reading a guide and seeing the name anyway.. and what's more, it's not like it's a surprising name, like a name that has something to do with any other character (except Curly, but that isn't surprising) or is an homage to anything. It's just... Quote.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Oh my God! You mentioned Mr. Traveler's name! PANIC!

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM
ragnaroq said:
I still don't really understand why it at all matters. I mean, yeah, you're supposed to do a lot of specific things to actually learn his name, but it involves the road to the Sacred Grounds and most people who're going there are probably reading a guide and seeing the name anyway.. and what's more, it's not like it's a surprising name, like a name that has something to do with any other character (except Curly, but that isn't surprising) or is an homage to anything. It's just... Quote.
Heh, pressed quote.

Anyways, it's definitely not a game-changing thing. It's just a name! But the steps in order to learn the name are pretty darn complicated and difficult to obtain for the first time.

If everybody were to learn Quote's name in the beginning, then it's not such a big deal. Why would Pixel then try to hide the name until the end?

There's some deep meaning in all of it, but I'm too lazy to find out. To sum it up, you gotta work for it, and it feels kinda nice finding out the protagonist's identity after all that hard work. (of course, getting to that point almost guarantees the use of a guide, which would likely reveal the name inadvertently, as you've said; I was lucky to find one that didn't spoil the name)

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM
I read Quote's name prematurely. Fortunately, I had no effing clue what this dude was talking about, since Quote isn't a real name. I was still surprised when I found out our hero's name, and then I was like "Ohhhhhhhhhhh."

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Nokeo said:
Lol, they said no Duplicate Entries. I know a way around that. Hurray for 1000's from me. >.> I sense I will be flamed a shit load now.
This is why contests like this should require your address and information to enter.

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Nokeo said:
No, I am winning it so I don't have to think about the asshole who did get it, use it, and fuck it up.

I'm tempted to just post/show/report what you've posted here to nicalis, in efforts to stop you from cheating.

Since really, all you would be doing is taking the fun from the contest.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'm tempted to just post/show/report what you've posted here to nicalis, in efforts to stop you from cheating.

Since really, all you would be doing is taking the fun from the contest.

You should contact Nintendo Life, they are the ones doing this contest, not Nicalis.

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:08 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Sadly, you guys do not know my address. Or the e-mail's I have used. There will be no chance of me getting caught from posts I have made.

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:32 AM
Well, the mods know your IP address and your email, both of which will help reveal where in Ohio you live, and we already know you're an 18 year old basement dweller, provided you're not lying about your age.
But the point is, you're a dick, and I'm fairly sure Nintendo Life can tell when over nine thousand accounts are all created at the same time from one IP address. And you might as well stop posting now, because everyone here will hate you forever. Or, if you want to become another RHF64 or Ryuuoutan, please keep bothering us.

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:37 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Thanks for the forward guys. I passed it along to Nintendo Life.