Why do the Gaudi in the labyrinth shop act friendly, but the ones outside try to kill you?

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The ones outside don't try to kill you unless they're flying or armored. The regular ones just walk around and you only take damage from them if you run into them. Clearly Quote does not know how to handle himself around Gaudi outside of the shop.
That could be debatable... I mean after opening up the door to the labyrinth the little robots who finally found freedom were immediately dispatched by the Gaudi on the other side...

Interpet that however you will D:

As for why the Gaudi don't attack you in the shop...
(Rule #1 : Don't eat customers)
Perhaps someone taught them how to run the store [like the oddity of Nurse H and Doctor G], except they aren't very good at it. They probably got robbed and just stood around saying "Let me see that's going to cost... hmmmm"
And by the time they figure it out.... they are gone....

So now they give up and just give you stuff instead? o_O

Or perhaps if they're smart enough; they recognize you as someone who can help them with their business?
Quote shoots up the town, and they come later and salvage stuff?
"It's just good business."

Also is Quote killing all the Gaudi? Or just knocking them out?
*Thinking of the scene where Doc Gero and Nurse Hasumi is treating all the Gaudi*

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Hey guys what's up.

Do you think Balrog robbed the store?

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hey guys what's up.

Do you think Balrog robbed the store?

Maybe he took all the missiles, which is why he had them in the next fight against him. It'd make sense since Misery sent him into the labyrinth as well, so he was in the area.

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:12 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Maybe he took all the missiles, which is why he had them in the next fight against him. It'd make sense since Misery sent him into the labyrinth as well, so he was in the area.

Dang, GIR. You're observant.

After seeing you say that, I am like 90% sure this is what happened. Unless there's a Gaudi running around with extra firepower, there's really no other explanation.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I guess they're just more intelligent, since they manage to run a shop while all the other gaudis are outside jumping around doing nothing, only thinking about eating.

I second this.

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:41 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
If i remember correctly, the shop teleporter only broke "recently". So the ones in there could of been in contact with civilization. But the ones outside don't have a tele, so they have never seen a civilized person.

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I think the gaudi inside the building are union

No, the Gaudis outside the building are Union. They are on strike and protesting, while the Gaudis on the inside are hired scabs.

The company was going under after years of slow decline due to being located in a giant dumpster, and the salary cuts (while possibly necessary) were out of the blue, if was definitely HR's job to notify the workers what was coming.
It's a mess really.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:50 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
No, the Gaudis outside the building are Union. They are on strike and protesting, while the Gaudis on the inside are hired scabs.

The company was going under after years of slow decline due to being located in a giant dumpster, and the salary cuts (while possibly necessary) were out of the blue, if was definitely HR's job to notify the workers what was coming.
It's a mess really.
So they will knock Quote up, tie him to a post and say to HR:
"If we don't get a raise this guy gets it"

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Durp,Inside,Gaudi can't hurt because Gaudi want you give poler star AND Fireball for Snake.

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I think you have that a little bit backwards there son.

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Professional Whatever
He's saying that the gaudi want you to give the polar star and fireball for the snake.

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Yeah, exactly. It's not a trade, they literally cram the fireball into the polar star and that's the snake. They got robbed a while back so they ave nothing except the whimsical star in stock D:

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Yeah, exactly. It's not a trade, they literally cram the fireball into the polar star and that's the snake. They got robbed a while back so they ave nothing except the whimsical star in stock D:

And the turbocharge as well, if you head in with a machine gun.

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Aug 26, 2012 at 4:30 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM
^ I support this theory

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
You mean those boxes with rockets drawn on them? I always thought they were just generic boxes, since they were scattered all over cave story's island.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM
You mean those boxes with rockets drawn on them? I always thought they were just generic boxes, since they were scattered all over cave story's island.
If i remember correctly, they were only in the shop and the warehouse(Where Itoh was)

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I never knew why they won't attack you. I started shooting when fist time I entered the shop thinking they were hostile.

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I totally agree with Gir's post about Balrog being the thief, but it is also possible that the cat operating Monster X could have stole some supplies from the shop to complete his huge ass tank. I dunno, I just think it could be a second possibility.