Why didnt Misery kill Quote instead of sending him to the labyrinth when Balrog knocked him out?

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Did Misery forget about it?
Please, someone help me!

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
It may be that she thought it would just be more fun to torture and agonize Quote by putting him in an un-escapable place instead of killing him right away. But I like the theory more that she secretly wanted Quote to survive and defeat the Doctor, so with the small amount of free will she might have had, she put him in an area which would only serve as an obstacle and possibly even make him stronger.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
if you keep roleplaying in your posts I'm going to *actually* hit you with the banhammer

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Been here way too long...
How was I roleplaying?

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
IdioticBaka1824 said:
How was I roleplaying?
You weren't.

Maybe take a second to read the OP of this thread again.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I thought it was just the Doctor's orders since she was bound to do whatever the crown asked her to. Maybe the Doctor didn't see Quote. And judging that the robots you encounter basically say something like "once you get in to the Labyrinth you never get out", I'm pretty sure the intent was to keep Quote from meddling with the Doctor's plans, not aware that he had the capability to escape.

Of course that could raise the question of why the Clinic would be there.

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well that's a question; for another topic.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:46 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Actual theory I believe: i believe in the fact that misery wants the doctor dead, just so she can get freedom.

Joke theory: because this is a video game.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Because she has done so for all robots as a matter of practice.

Either that or Misery intended to toy with Quote later to make her feel more superior and more in control of her life than she actually is.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:29 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Quote is the protagonist. Ergo, he can't die unless some sort of plot element is revealed to allow resurrection. That's usually how these things go.

Also on a slightly less serious note she probably just didn't think Quote could get out, and wanted him to waste away like the rest of the robots?

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Because she isn't COMPLETELY under the crown's control. I think she still has a bit of her own will left, just like Balrog.

Either that or she wanted Quote to get on a serious bodybuilding routine. I'm talking about 2-3 steroid cycles, heavy in trenbolone for that dry look.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
WoodenRat said:
Either that or she wanted Quote to get on a serious bodybuilding routine. I'm talking about 2-3 steroid cycles, heavy in trenbolone for that dry look.
Omygosh the arm barrier just made way more sense. It's why it was the labyrinth she chose and somewhere else like outer wall or plantation.

May 1, 2014 at 2:34 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think that misery wanted quote to live, so he could kill the doctor, as misery herself could do nothing in her power to stop him. So she sent Quote to the labyrinth hoping he would get stronger, find a way to escape, and defeat the doctor. She did save Quote after ballos was killed, so that makes me believe that she actually was on quote's side the whole time, and just couldn't help him because she had to follow the doctor's orders.

May 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Perhaps kicking Quote when down would act like an RPG status effect?

*You have been dazed*

*ZAP*
-8 dmg

*You wake up!*

If she's dealt with someone like him before, perhaps she knows better then to fight directly, when banishment has proven effective in the past?

May 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Simple, she didn't know that there was an escape to the labyrinth. Think about how Quote escapes the labyrinth. There was absolutely no way she could've predicted that,so she probably thought it was more fun and torturous to confine him to a place that's impossible to escape than to just kill him.

May 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
I disagree with most of the theories. She wanted Quote to live, because she still has free will of THOUGHT and still some free will of action. Misery thought Quote may have had a chance, if not a very small one to destroy the crown. She may have known about how to exit the Labyrinth, and that Quote could possibly figure it out.

May 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
funwillfunwill said:
I disagree with most of the theories. She wanted Quote to live, because she still has free will of THOUGHT and still some free will of action. Misery thought Quote may have had a chance, if not a very small one to destroy the crown. She may have known about how to exit the Labyrinth, and that Quote could possibly figure it out.
X-Calibar said:
Perhaps kicking Quote when down would act like an RPG status effect?
*You have been dazed*
*ZAP*
-8 dmg
*You wake up!*
If she's dealt with someone like him before, perhaps she knows better then to fight directly, when banishment has proven effective in the past?
curlybrace22702 said:
I think that misery wanted quote to live, so he could kill the doctor, as misery herself could do nothing in her power to stop him. So she sent Quote to the labyrinth hoping he would get stronger, find a way to escape, and defeat the doctor. She did save Quote after ballos was killed, so that makes me believe that she actually was on quote's side the whole time, and just couldn't help him because she had to follow the doctor's orders.
WoodenRat said:
Because she isn't COMPLETELY under the crown's control. I think she still has a bit of her own will left, just like Balrog.
I fnd these the most fitting theories. Misery's punching bag approves!

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:58 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Maybe Misery wanted Quote to kill Ballos eventually, so that she is released from the order of the crown.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:43 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Her dialogue states that it would have beeen a tougher fight Qoute head on