Who here is a brony?

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:06 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
trickybilly said:
I never knew how happy I was, until I saw many useless threads in these Forums, created out of enormous boredom. Now I am thankful that I joined these forums to appreciate more what I have.

Oh man.

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
WD said:

:S :muscledoc: :D

@ontopic...................I've got nothin'...........bronies aren't real!!!....<outtathisthread>

Nov 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yakkers said:
You don't get it, buddy.
People don't dislike the show over the fanbase, they dislike the fanbase over the fanbase.

Actually most people on the internet will actually dislike the show because of the community. Actually, many 'fans' of the show have stopped watching it because of the community. You can't blame people for kinda feeling like how cultr feels though you're correct in telling him he shouldn't assume the same about everyone.

I, for one, have been a part of the community since January and back then when it was newer and more quiet it was really quite wonderful, really to the point at which I kinda completely understand why a lot of people have gotten really defensive about it. The community was mature and very kind and was everything I, personally, have ever wanted in an internet community, and I assume it was the same for most other members, as well. It's when it got more and more popular with /b/ and kids and such that went all crazy and over-the-top annoying with it to everyone and started 'giving us a bad name' beyond being grown-ass men watching girls' cartoons or whatever that it started getting kinda sad -- we really, really didn't want that wonderful community to crumble at all, especially so soon, but people started getting outsiders to look even worse upon it and even hate the show and everything to do with it more because of the community than the show's quality itself.

Really, I can't even explain how great that community was, and still is in the right places with the right people. It's like glimpsing El Dorado and getting to chill there for a couple months, then the conquistadors come in and start fucking everything up, of course you're gonna be freaking out trying to get them to calm down and stop ruining everything and you're going to BEG the new people coming in to not hate the city because the spanish have just ransacked all the gold but in the end you just gotta be happy with what you have, the city you fell in love with and the other cool dudes you met there to begin with

or something :awesomeface:

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:28 PM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
RAG WAS INTO PONIES BEFORE IT WAS COOL
p138709-0-131448066489.png

Interpret "into" whichever way you'd like.

You know, there are some things that /b/ likes that don't have fanbases as annoying as bronies. Like, for instance...

um

Okay I'll get back to you on that.

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110908155059AA0eK43

Exactly how did ponies become popular all over the net all of the sudden? I remember the show existed (never watched it) when I was a kid, and didn't notice much internet talk about them in the recent years (or maybe I just didn't notice). What caused this explosion of popularity?

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I laughed so hard at John Goldstein's response.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Banned
John goldstein is now my monkey friend :awesomeface:

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:53 AM
trickybilly said:
Exactly how did ponies become popular all over the net all of the sudden? I remember the show existed (never watched it) when I was a kid, and didn't notice much internet talk about them in the recent years (or maybe I just didn't notice). What caused this explosion of popularity?

A new cartoon of it came out a year ago that is actually a really good cartoon and notable in various ways, such as being a shining example of how to do Flash animation right and being the 'spiritual successor' in a sort of way to classics like Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home which are very highly regarded cartoons in the animation industry (the guy who made them's wife, who heavily influenced those shows, made this new ponies and it has the same kind of feel)

And it's extremely charming and fun to watch and has the most adorable character design of all time

Then the community that started to form around it was as great as I just explained

Then it just kinda became massively memetic and a huge amount of the internet started liking it either because they agreed it was a good show, liked the community, just liked the memes or liked it ironically or as a fad

It's already dying down now, but the real actual fans of the show will be around for a very long time coming (I mean, hell, there're still rabid fans of that Sonic saturday morning cartoon from 1994 on the internet and that was just two seasons of rather sub-par animation though it was an overall enjoyable show, so...)

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:54 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
10000 years of bronydom

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well I suppose i could be called a Brony, I'm not an extremist though.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I've only seen a few episodes, but I don't considre myself one. I watched because there is like, 16 bronies in a chat room for a youtube channel that I go to. Anyway, from what I've seen, it's a pretty decent show. I watch the show sometimes, but I'm not an extreme fan.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:30 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
For someone who doesn't think they're a brony you sure like to mention them
In reference to your sig primarily

e: oh you sneak

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM
2012 and ponies are still the best

jk one piece is the best, ponies a distant second

(edit: but i'll always love ponies forever and ever even when i'm 60 and the last pony fan on earth.............)

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Borrowing from Yakkers' furry classification system, I'm a type 1 brony at this point, although I'd also put myself as in danger of slipping to type 2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I still really wish all this could just be people enjoying a cartoon like people do with any other cartoon, instead of it being this whole big cult with its own title. (I really hate the term "brony.")
I could probably really enjoy the cartoon itself, but seeing the way the community tends to act is really keeping me from doing that.

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Bro, if you're gonna bump a two-month-old thread to tell us that you're a brony... it's type-2 diabronies.