Who here is a brony?

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:53 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I know I am. And I know the last time I posted about MLP things went bad I am seriously a brony. I want to have a conversation about this. I will not troll honest. My favorite ponies are still Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Dr Whooves. My favorite episode would have to be the one where Fluttershy is Flutterguy. Honestly last time I made a thread like this I knew nothing about MLP, I was just watching miscellaneous clips from the show, but now I have watched up to episode 5 and the Call of the Cutie Mark as well as my favorite episode. I know when the mods see this thread there gonna run right for it and have all there eyes on it, but I don't care. I also don't want this thread to go off topic.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:17 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This seems familiar for some reason.
-_-

Anywho, It's pretty apparent that I'm a brony, but I've found this community isn't really big enough to justify niche threads like this one, usually.
Plus a lot of people hate bronies/are okay with bronies but aren't secure enough with their internet reputation to admit it (Yeah I'm looking at you, you know who you are), so it's pretty much a moot point.

My favorite, for the record, is Applejack.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:31 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I like/am indifferent to the MLP series.

I hate the MLP fanbase, aka bronies. Even if not all bronies are entirely uncool (like cultr1), a lot of them seem to be over the top.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:36 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I've watched a few episodes and I suppose it's an alright timewaster if you don't have a lot to do, but I'm not a brony. I don't personally have anything against bronies.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:40 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Even if not all bronies are entirely uncool (like cultr1)

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
not all bronies are entirely uncool (like cultr1)

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
not entirely uncool (like cultr1)

Thanks :D some guy on the internet says I'm not entirely uncool, validation begins in 3... 2... 1...

Ehem.
On-topic though, I haven't met a single brony who is over the top about their fandom.
My friends and I make the occasional reference, sure, but no more than we make stupid references to other things.
A few bronies will show up to school wearing a shirt from WeLoveFine, but beyond that, they don't really talk about it much to anyone else besides other bronies.

So I suppose I've had better luck than you have, GIR.
Honestly, I haven't met more than a small handful of bronies that really got on my nerves with their fanaticism, but I guess it's always the bad ones that stick out, eh?

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Been here way too long...
cultr1 said:
On-topic though, I haven't met a single brony who is over the top about their fandom.

Right, and I've never met someone who's over the top about Cave Story.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:16 AM
I suppose "over the top" could use a solid definition.
And for the record, by "met" I meant actually met in person, so it still holds true D:

There are absolutely people who are over the top about their opinions, some in even higher frequency than bronies, but that doesn't turn me off from an idea. I played touhou, despite the large percentage of fanatics who play it (memorize every character's name from 13 games? C'mon); then again, I'm not you guys. If you can't look past a group of people who support something to see that thing for what it is, then I pity you.

I couldn't care less whether or not you guys like the show, honestly I don't, but saying you dislike something because of it's fanbase? That's plain juvenile.
Yes I know you didn't say that GIR, don't bother posting to redeem yourself; I'm just saying this to whom it may concern.

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:47 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I've never watched an episode of MLP, so I can't say, but I did join a FB group one of my friends made called "bronies for life" just to humor him :rolleyes:. In hindsight, that was probably dumb, but it doesn't really matter now since I never do anything on FB now that I have Google+.

Anyway, I'd just like to say that I wholeheartedly agree with cultr's bit about not judging something by its fanbase.

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ok because i believe in giving new things a fair shot, i had to see what the fuss was all about. Heres a summary of my opinion at various levels of pony exposure.

When i hadnt looked at the series at all and knew very little about it, i didnt understand it, but i was intrigued. I never got aroudn to watchign it for a while. After that i watched part of an episode. I understood the appeal less. I then watched four whole episodes. I understood the appeal of the series even less.

The more i looked into it, the more confused at this things status i became. I didnt find it funny, i didnt think it was ironic, i didnt think it was cute and i didnt think it was deeper than it appears to be. Sure the setting and characters are pretty demented and that amused me for a few minutes, but it got old.

What can i say, my social circles, all of them, are being taken over by these ponies and i honestly cant understand why. I mean not only are people infatuated by them, but to the extent they'd go otu of thier way to profess their love for them like thier preachers otuside a shopping centre. I really dont get it. The only conclusion i've came to is it's a band wagon fad, because i dont see anything genuinely entertaining in this at all.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:26 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
cultr1 said:
I couldn't care less whether or not you guys like the show, honestly I don't, but saying you dislike something because of it's fanbase? That's plain juvenile.
You don't get it, buddy.
People don't dislike the show over the fanbase, they dislike the fanbase over the fanbase.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:57 PM
I understand that nobody has specifically said they hate the show because of the fanbase in this thread, but it affects you subconsiously, unless you strive to be tolerant.
Just sayin'

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Pfft, striving to be tolerant - what a CRAZY idea... :rolleyes:

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:17 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
cultr1 said:
but it affects you subconsiouy, unless you strive to be tolerant.
Just sayin'

*ahem*
You aren't me. Speak for yourself, please.
This is what I don't like about the community, they assume you're adamently against it for childish reasons if you don't let it consume your entire person. They go crazy to defend the cartoon when nobody's actually criticized it.

And I've seen the show itself and I can say it's entertaining, am I allowed to enjoy that and consider the community as something separate that I don't want to be a part of? Is that too difficult to comprehend?

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
My parents were killed by bronies :rolleyes:

but in all seriousness I haven't got a problem with it or them. I don't watch the show, but I don't dislike it or its adherents either.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Been here way too long...
Yakkers said:
This is what I don't like about the community, they assume you're adamently against it for childish reasons if you don't let it consume your entire person. They go crazy to defend the cartoon when nobody's actually criticized it.

This sounds familiar.

cultr1 said:
I understand that nobody has specifically said they hate the show because of the fanbase in this thread, but it affects you subconsiouy, unless you strive to be tolerant.
Just sayin'

It's not that we all subconsciously hate the show, but when I did watch it I had much higher expectations for it than I would have for any other kids' show. Since it's a kids' show, it didn't meet them. I guess you have to be pleasantly surprised at how above-average it is instead of disappointed at how juvenile it is.

And don't accuse me of using that word as an insult, you all know what its target demographic is.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
My only issue is when Bronies have big ass pics in there sigs and feel the urge to post images sayin "LuL Wut?" and "This is how many fucks I give" With Bronies when there in no way affiliated.