Which is the hardest boss in Cave Story?

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:47 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Tpcool said:
the terrain makes it so that you can sometimes block its shots if you're in the right position. It is one of the easier bosses honestly, especially since at that point you most likely have killer weapons.
fireball is a really good option against the red deamon because the fireball doesn't get blocked bu rugged terrain, and the fire ball does ok damage at level 1

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Dunc2403 said:
Even better option than the Fireball: the Snake. It doesn't get blocked by /any/ terrain, and is even more powerful at Level 1.
Even though the Snake is a powerful weapon, and overall the better choice for the battle, it has a pathetic range at Level 1. At least with the Fireball you can hit the Red Demon much easier at Level 1 even though it goes slow.

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Tpcool said:
Don't worry, once you've battled the Red Demon a few times you'll understand how truly easy it is. Its pattern is extremely simple, and the terrain makes it so that you can sometimes block its shots if you're in the right position. It is one of the easier bosses honestly, especially since at that point you most likely have killer weapons.
What should I use? Nemesis, Machine Gun, Super Missile Launcher, Bubbler, or Fireball? I do not have the spur, as I didn't know you could get it when I traded for the Machine Gun.

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
DeliciousMan said:
What should I use? Nemesis, Machine Gun, Super Missile Launcher, Bubbler, or Fireball? I do not have the spur, as I didn't know you could get it when I traded for the Machine Gun.
If you're using the strategy that uses the terrain to block its shots, use the Fireball. If you're just trying to get it over with as soon as possible, I'd say both the Nemesis and Super Missile Launcher are good enough to take it down fast.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
monster X was by far the most difficult in hard mode on the wiiware version ._. (never doing that again!) Then I went and did it taking no damage in normal mode -_- Although, I guess it's kinda easy in the original. What makes Ballos difficult is the fact that I'm usually really low health by the time I've started it :p curly was annoying on hard mode too, mostly because my weapons were never leveled up enough to do lots of damage...

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Sometimes I try to imagine what Ironhead would be like if you had normal movement.

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Definitely the core, but only if you don't have the spur.

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
He might mean undead core

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Undead Core is practically a pushover with machine gun and King's blade if you use them right (though it's been since my first playthrough of the game that I've ever done that).

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I'd say that during my first playthrough of Cave Story the hardest boss to me was probably the undead core. Not because the fight against it was very difficult (actually quite easy, what with misery providing you with rockets and health galore) but everytime i came there since i wasn't good enough to fight the preceding 3 bosses without losing to much health i was always 2-3 hits away from death and sue almost always got me, plus i was using the machine gun, which isn't nearly as potent against the core/doctor/misery as the Spur (Im currently in the midst of trying to get through the sanctuary, so i haven't gotten past ballos' first form yet :/).

Edit- Granted, now that I can get past the misery and doctors first form battles taking relatively little damage its quite the pushover, kind of a tough one on what my hardest would be now, although the first form of ballos kicked my butt in the first 15 seconds of the fight, yknow what, scratch that, that robot you fight (forgot what its called) right before the ballos fight is the hardest >.<

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:41 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
monster x was the hardest boss I faced when first played the game he was the first one that drove me insane plus I didn't have any trouble when I faced core even without the booster 0.8 plus I got the best ending by mistake on my first time playing :D

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
The Core is harder then Ballos.
Unless you got the Booster v0.8 or the Machine Gun, but I hate the Machine Gun and I think it's a terrible weapon.

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The Machine Gun is a great weapon! How can you say it's terrible?

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The Machine Gun isn't terrible for everyone; the experience is just different for each user, as with all other weapons. It's actually a lot easier battling bosses with the Machine Gun than the Snake, in my opinion. If I get the Booster v.8 I'd go for the Machine Gun too because that one isn't very good at precise navigation the way 2.0 is.