Which games have you put the most hours into?

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Is this on a single save? If so then Pokemon Silver likely caps it at 600+ hours. Until the damn internal battery died. (still sore about that)

Otherwise I'd like to suggest Illusion of Time/Gaia. It is my single most replayed JRPG of all time, and it never gets old.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:44 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
...Does the internet browser on the 3DS count? I have over 310 hours put into that.

Dec 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM
"Huzzah!"
Various GBC Pokemon games, including Silver. *Grinds teeth in frustration*

Disgaea 2. (PSP)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. (Unlike a lot of people, I PAID FOR MY COPY. 200+ Hours, not counting quit-retries.)

Fallout 3.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM
"Huzzah!"
It's not usually my style to obsess over a certain game. However...

As people have said, everyones played pokemon nonstop for a good period at some time. I was only ever interested in the single player, because i played the games liek any other RPG. Might have played the series 300 hours total.

Tales of Symphonia as someone else said, i replayed an obscene number of horus into. The highlight of which woudl be beating it over the course of three days. This is an 80 hour game. I've probably played it for 600 total.

Then theres the Touhou series. But unlike most of these other games, playing it for an obscene amount of tiem is the only way to get good. And i certainly have played it a ridiculous amount. Even now theres only a slim chance fo beating Subterranean Animism on Normal mode. It's impossible to estimate how long i've played the series. Lets say 600 hours.

As for these-types-of-games-that-make-the-headlines-in-america-at-least-due-to-claims-alluding-to-a-diagnosed-addiction...You know, guys that spend every waking second on WoW and some ten year olds WoW account gets cancelled and he takes his dads shotgun and kills his whole family. Well i havent played it, but i have played Diablo 2. Got it recently in fact out of nostalgia, as i owned it as a kid. There came a point where i got sick of encountering groups of enemeis that could kill me in three hits, and having to find my corpse, fix my weapons, shell out mroe money to get another mercenary and stock up on potions...every time i died. It probably took about 20 hours to get to that point.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:44 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Miles_Valentine said:
It's not usually my style to obsess over a certain game. However...

As people have said, everyones played pokemon nonstop for a good period at some time. I was only ever interested in the single player, because i played the games liek any other RPG. Might have played the series 300 hours total.

Same with me, hence why I never completed the Pokedex in any of my games (I was close in Sapphire though). I'm more of a single player person so I never really traded much, except for when I got lucky in elementary school. And I completely ignore all that new fancy "battle frontier" crap that has been added.

Meh, then again, I'm a pretty lonely person. Never really fought against anyone.

And yes, Tales of Symphonia is amazing :balrog: I pretty much did all the sidequests and unlocked all the secret outfits. I had a few pages of saves for all that.

Dec 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The game that wins this from me is Starsiege Tribes, a multiplayer FPS that came out 1999-2000 or so... Played it for about 10-11 years, SOOOO SOOOO LONG. I can't guess how many hours I spent on it. But, I couldn't stop playing it while it was alive.

Incredibly fun game due to mods, and how complicated that FPS was. Basically if there was a game that simulated giant robot action realistically [even though it's not supposed to], it felt like.

SO FUN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (the rush) I MISS IT ><
I still probably have several days worth of recordings on my PC somewhere... I should upload some of the games, just to sorta show what it was like.

Only bad thing about Tribes is I'm certain it degraded my english into :
Shazbot wt... yeahhhhhhh right lolollllasdasdasd vgs vgc vgq vgx vga

Other than that game, I spent a couple years on Quake II, Morrowind, Baldur's Gate II and Ultima VII/VIII.

As much thought as I've put into Cave Story, I haven't really played it all that much in comparison.
And on average full long RPGs only last up to 100 hours to finish all the extras.

I can tell you long stories about any of these games...
Anything else usually hasn't taken that long

Dec 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Is it bad if I've already got 200 hours on Pokémon Black?

I've gotten at least 300 hours on each of my Pokémon games.
Maybe I have a problem. Minecraft and Terraria... probably around 500 hours combined. I used to play JKA as well as Halo Custom Edition a few years ago and I don't even have an estimate for the amount of time I spent in those games... Wat

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Nice thread WD, it made me think. I'm fairly sure that I spent most of my time in this game called GunZ. It's an action multiplayer game that I used to play A LOT when I was younger. Its appeal is that it requires a lot of concentration to play, and everyone plays it serious. It has the worst community too. Everyone gets mad as hell after losing, which makes it even more fun. I have many nostalgic memories from it, it really was a great experience for me...

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Pokémon Emerald and Pearl. I've spent over 300 hours in each one.

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:20 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The first Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Easily 270 hours per gameplay just going to the 100% ending, no grinding at all. Not that it was necessary though.

And yeah, with the Cinquedea > Steal Ability > Steal Weapon exploit, which would cut off the total game time by about 10-ish hours. But in retrospect, wouldn't make much of a difference with that much time gone through.

Also Fallout 3/New Vegas. It became freshier and with more stuff to do once I got around to properly add mods to it. Specifically (and respectively), the Fallout Wanderers Edition, and the Project Nevada.

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I used to play that game all day. Every day. For years.

Yet I couldn't ever get past Chemical Plant.

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:58 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Are we allowed to count all the iterations of Cave Story as one game...?

They all have the same gameplay though...

Dec 27, 2011 at 9:38 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I logged a lot of time as a child in all the Pokemon games and I still play a lot of super Mario bros deluxe on the Gameboy Color. But recently I've played a lot of Portal 2.

Dec 28, 2011 at 6:25 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I put a whole load of hours into the Sonic games back as a kid. Mostly Sonic 3 And Knuckles.

Put a lot of time into Ocarina of Time too :')

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Sometimes I played Alien Arena whole day.
6.5 hours non stop elite level gameplay of Alien Arena (I think it was 100 matches, but forgot, might be very inaccurate here) -marathon insta clan duel competition. It was very hard since played against one of the best players of the game. We both dropped out of exhaustion at the end lol

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm also going to add in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle because I spent hours trying to get emblems and take care of chao.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I had about 230 hours in Pokemon Black.