what's the story behind your nickname

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
What is it then?
(On a side note, that's a really cute cap your profile picture is wearing!)

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Your name's Fatih? Sounds interesting.
So, are you here to 'conquer' the forums? :)

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:46 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bump for newfriends share your best name picking stories

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2015 at 9:14 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I forgets, but here's a pretty chill song.

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:05 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Konor Wakefield is the name of an OC I thought up and who I couldn't stop drawing for God knows how long. I pretty much worshipped him; he was everything I wasn't (ugh, pretty lame right) but now I don't use his name anymore :D Should've come here after discovering Jagus.

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:32 PM
"Forever coffee..."
One time, I was sitting near a computer.
Now, I wanted to post on these mystical forums, so I chose the most obvious name possible:
I'm just Some Random Guy.
Because think about it, I'm not a special snowflake - I like Cave Story, just like a bunch of other people. So, I'm just some stranger popping in to chat about this game.

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:11 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
When I tried to sign up on Roblox [Yes, I played that game, it was a long time ago though] I tried to use the username "bloxxer" [Yes, I know it's not very creative] but it was taken, so I decided to append "2000" after things like <something>-inator 2000. [I really needed to drink some OJ to accomodate for my distinct lack of creative juices! ^_^; ]

On later accounts I avoided numbers as I personally viewed them as detracting from the username. With one account "bloxxer" was taken, so I chose "bloxxin" despite me being slightly disatisfied with it. I eventually grew to like that usernamd better, and it once racked me a nickname of "haxxin", prominently in the phrase "haxxin no haxing". ^_^'

Eventually I became severely dissatisfied with "bloxxin" and decided to come up with a better and more permanent name. I set up various guidelines and principles I was looking for in a name, and got a sizeable list of potential entrees. I don't have the list anymore, but most revolved around things like cats, kittens, neko, fluff/floof, etc. I particularly didn't want those types of names [Even if some were cute! :3 ], so I chose from the meager few which weren't like those.

"Raus" was the one I chose. [/dramatic]

And for the few times when "Raus" is taken, I choose "Rause" after the name a good friend chose for an OC that sortof represents me.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 4:57 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I remember at one point in school we were talking about primary and secondary sources. They pulled up a song that point sung primary is better than secondary as its punchline.

For some reason when I was making the account for these forums that song popped in my head, but for some reason I heard binary instead of primary.

So i just made binary my name lol.

Jul 10, 2018 at 5:01 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay, so how I came up with TLinkan as my nickname when I joined. Two reasons:

1. I didn't feel like using my former recurring nickname, CrackyXG (my dA account name and my former Youtube name).

2. TLinkan is a shortened version of Terri Linkan (my OC you probably have seen before somewhere in these forums), who when I first drew her, my friends thought was either Zelda or Link (because she's a girl). So I decided to name her after the two, Terri (which is an obscure corruption of Tetra), and Linkan (Link).
This is obsolete, so let me to explain my current username.

My name is Serena, and my friends liked the idea of calling me Serri, since it's a mix between both my name and Terri. And there you go.

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:02 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The story behind my username, is that I like Pokémon and I'm into software engineering, so I put the two together and the username was born. (I've used this username even before coming to this forum, so I just wanted to lend some foresight for the next section.) Eventually, I wanted to break off from using Nintendo's IP, so I re-did my profile picture to mean something else. And that picture is the one you see. I was able to do this all because I forgot to put the "é" in "Poké".

I pretty much explained it in a conversation on my profile page, so I figured why not copy and paste it here too, while making some changes as well.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 10:26 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I just ripped "Deathbear" from regular show

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
uh, i like metal music and my name is mathilda, i guess

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:09 PM
My name is--well, I won't reveal my true name; but my name can have the nickname "Mack" accociated with it. it. So, my family called me "Mack." When I was a kid, I found this giant box, and I climed inside of it. Then I waited for my father to come out of the house. When he did, I leaped out of the box, and said, "Mack-In-The-Box!", meaning "Jack-In-The-Box," but my nickname was Mack. Simple enough, if you think about it.

Jul 12, 2018 at 8:04 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Ages upon ages ago, (in the 20th century)
I played a "Black and White" GameBoy game called Final Fantasy Legend.

In this time, not only was Color limited. Characters were limited.
Within the game, perhaps the greatest sword was named XCLBR.
And due to a tragic mistake, I recalled this particular sword's spelling incorrectly ... XCALIBAR (I'll throw in a dash too please)

I gave my dad my previous nickname Viper in the multiplayer shooters/space sims we played, and took on "X-Calibar" as my new nickname online. It may have been my mistake, but it led to having a unique and easy to find name. (Though a lot of people will misspell the misspelling. Or at least remove the dash.)

What meaning is there to "Excalibur"/"X-Calibar" and what significance does Final Fantasy Legend have?
Well here's the short dialogue from the game:
"Old man: Did you
come from the
tower?
Lexo: Yes, we did.
Old man: Then, this
is for you.

You get XCLBR.

Zorn: What is it?
Old man: I was told
to wait for a
hero from the
tower. You have
finally come and
I have fulfilled
my duty."

I guess for a couple reasons this tiny event stuck with me. Reasons like: a certain game called Ys: Vanished Omens, which I played as a child. Even back then I was breaking games somehow. In this case I managed to bypass an area which made it impossible to complete the game. It involved a great tower (nicknamed "Tower of the doomed", "Tower of Dharm", "Tower of Fact", "Tower of the Shadow of Death" in various remakes/translations). And I would return occasionally, trying that game over the course of 10 years or something, never starting over, always wandering the tower looking for something I missed. This being before the "Internet" became the know-it-all of today. If you needed info you couldn't just google. Maybe could buy a magazine with hints or find a walkthrough "Book" which creatively described the entire game and what you had to do in novel format. (That was awesome!)

Anyway. Ys, was one of my favorite games of all time for its music, for creating an idealized hero and just inspiring the imagination. Games like this which revolved around heroes, towers, demons and heroic deeds had a fantastic meaning to me. And I loved classic fantasy growing up.

Final Fantasy Legend was one such curious adventure involving such a tower. And near the end I was granted that XCLBR which lead me to victory over its Creator and to exiting the tower to the beyond. Now, even though I hadn't beaten the original tower of Ys, beating this challenge had some significance to me. And that's the origin behind the name I've used for many years.

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:53 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I first used the name "YoshiPilot" on iOS game center, because you pilot a yoshi in mario world, and I liked the yoshi's island games alot, so I went with YoshiPilot. I have since used that name whenever I can.

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
back in the days of terraria only allowing like, 5 characters and 5 worlds at a time, i got stuck on naming my newest character and just keysmashed until i got lu2. then when i had to create an account on the forums i decided to spruce lu2 up, and made it unto luneria2

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:55 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
honestly, I made it up on this forum. I don't remember the exact reasons why, but I do remember the whole ordeal of making an account back in 2007. we had many rodent pets in our house, so that's the second part of my name - Rat. but why woodenrat? no idea. guess I wanted a random adjective.

Oct 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM
"Huzzah!"
Years ago, I chose to go by "FrozenFire" because I thought it sounded cool and I imagined some magical cold fire. The idea was very cool to me.. literally.

I used it as my name when gaming online and when on forums, though I don't go by it anymore.