What stopped King from killing the pignons?

May 2, 2017 at 12:26 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Why didn't king just kill the pignons in the graveyard?
He can defeat Balrog in one hit so some shrooms shouldn't really be a problem for him.

May 2, 2017 at 12:56 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
he's a hardcore mushroom rights activist

May 2, 2017 at 1:15 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
he probably tried, but every time he left and re-entered they magically grew back

May 2, 2017 at 1:41 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
- The wildlife furiously procreates offscreen, which Jenka made possible in an effort to systematically end world hunger with the endless prospect of mankind grinding for dorritos and litteral floating hearts that heal even robots.

- King's sword doesn't have a soul in it yet so he would have to pick it up every time he threw it.

- He needed something for Jack to do so that he wouldn't feel like he was being absolutely useless as no. 2 in an empty village.

- The gravekeeper didn't help the situation.

- Brutally murding creatures wasn't high on his to-do list as he had more important matters to get to like getting his ass beat by Toroko

May 2, 2017 at 2:12 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
- The wildlife furiously procreates offscreen, which Jenka made possible in an effort to systematically end world hunger with the endless prospect of mankind grinding for dorritos and litteral floating hearts that heal even robots.

- King's sword doesn't have a soul in it yet so he would have to pick it up every time he threw it.

- He needed something for Jack to do so that he wouldn't feel like he was being absolutely useless as no. 2 in an empty village.

- The gravekeeper didn't help the situation.

- Brutally murding creatures wasn't high on his to-do list as he had more important matters to get to like getting his ass beat by Toroko
Those are all very good thoughts. But what about the throwing thing? When King used it on Balrog, he used it like a normal sword.

Also, "doritos." Hehe.

May 2, 2017 at 2:29 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Those are all very good thoughts. But what about the throwing thing? When King used it on Balrog, he used it like a normal sword.
Uh I dont know what realm you are from but you are supposed the throw swords.

When you throw it at point-blank range like King did right up in Balrog's face, it's not gonna go any further than that.

May 2, 2017 at 2:31 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
you bring up a good point here, about jack
I like thinking that king just brushed him off and told him to stand in front of the door to get him out of the way
headcanon

May 2, 2017 at 5:13 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
They probably needed the mushrooms to work on decomposing the dead matter of the buried dead. Science and whatnot. I think.

May 2, 2017 at 7:49 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Unlike a certain robot, Mimigas seem to be quite susceptible to injury. And while mushrooms are... relatively harmless, they still pose a threat. Imagine just sitting there paying your respects when mushrooms start popping up around you. "Ha ha... Mushrooms." *SQUISH*! *powdery poof* -1 *You've been poisoned!* "IT stings...!" And that's when you trip into a giant mushroom and fall over... and the "gravekeeper" comes for you =(

*STAB STAB STAB

(Really what was that thing?! The... gravekeeper. His CS+ text in the credits say "Slices you up". ............ maybe he's a ghost/reaper. I feel like he's going to haunt Quote. Like that Spelunky ghost did.)

Anyway, the mushrooms were probably a sign of unrest. If the Mimigas were superstitious, mushrooms are probably a bad sign, especially if the graveyard normally looks like it did in the credits. Besides if they are being kidnapped; nobody is going to have time to deal with it. And who would want to go into a graveyard when you're in that situation...

Perhaps another theory is that a certain mushroom is the root of all these problems. And that one *Is* tough. (And unreachable?) Or the Demon Crown simply made the entire island's fauna and flora extra deadly.

May 4, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Gonna go with this one, honestly. It seemed like he was way too busy chasing Toroko and her key to Arthur's house to go hack n' slash some mushrooms. Makes me wonder why he didn't know about the spare key, though.

Also had a somewhat relevant idea that I'm a little disappointed never made it into the original game: after Mimiga Village gets abandoned, the Pignons could have moved in with nobody to stop them.

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:27 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Why didn't he kill the power critters? Why didn't he kill the Gaudi(s?). Because they kill Quote and the others. Also, they respawn (of course)

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
He was buisy with something else, like...I dunno...protecting Toroko...:toroko:

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:08 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Contributing to spammy posting (off-topic, lack of content, etc)
May 4, 2018 at 6:54 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
The 'shrooms weren't initially a problem and it's said that they'd only recently appeared, hence why you can't go into the graveyard until events conspire to draw Jack and King away from that.

Maybe it's usually the Gravekeeper's job to cull them if they get out of hand?