What pisses you off?

May 5, 2010 at 3:56 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I'm still pissed that I don't have a TV since all of the channels went digital, and my room just happens to be the only one in the house that won't pick up a signal for the converter box.

May 5, 2010 at 5:29 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cyowolf1122 said:
And no, I'm not aiming this at anyone here, it's just one big gripe I have with "fanart" artists, the ones that draw nothing but fanart. If ya got other stuff, you are excused. But, if your main attraction is fanart, well...

Consider coming up with something original.

what about fanart stuff not for the views, but for the reasons of appreciating the said game/show in the form of a picture? shouldnt that be alright?

or does that also come under your description?

May 5, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
@ Xristox

Naw, that stuff is fine. My main problem is those whose galleries contain nothing but fanart/are well known for drawing fanart for a specfic fandom.

Drawing it for the appreciation I have no problem with.

It's those people that think they are awesome because they draw fanart. Trust me, there are those that do that exact thing.

Oh, and yes, that person is in fact are part of DA and solely draws "Sonic style" because that's "all I'm capable of drawing." She also thinks she's going to become some epic animator despite the fact she is in essence ripping off another artist.

Fanart for the sake of fanart I have no problem with. Fanart for the sake of popularity, I do have a HUGE problem with.

So yeah, go nuts, draw whatever you wish.

And yes, I do both draw fanart and watch people that do draw fanart along with other stuff.

I'm really not against anyone, because I myself would be included in that category as well. :o

May 5, 2010 at 8:49 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
People who are intolerant of other cutures for cultural differences, and the Dutch.

May 6, 2010 at 1:46 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
DragonBoots said:
People who are intolerant of other cutures for cultural differences, and the Dutch.

Cultures, i can agree with, religions are different to me, however

May 7, 2010 at 2:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
People who call other monster raising rpgs Pokemon ripoffs or heavily compare them to Pokemon.

Breath of Fire isn't called a Final Fantasy ripoff simply for being an RPG.
Cave Story isn't called a Metroid ripoff for being a Metroidvania title.
So what the hell is going on here?

Yakkers said:
People who refuse to use grammar on the internet
Seconded.

May 7, 2010 at 3:07 AM
Banned
andwhyisit said:
Breath of Fire isn't called a Final Fantasy ripoff simply for being an RPG.

It's like these people have never played the original Final Fantasy games and are only comparing them based on FF's 6 - 10. Prolly never even tried to play 1-5 or 11+. Breath of Fire games are really only comparable to a few of the Final Fantasy games, due their ever-changing gameplay mechanics; Breath of Fire is pretty consistent. (Pretty, but not entirely.)

May 7, 2010 at 3:16 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Cyowolf1122 said:
@ Xristox

Naw, that stuff is fine. My main problem is those whose galleries contain nothing but fanart/are well known for drawing fanart for a specfic fandom.

Drawing it for the appreciation I have no problem with.

It's those people that think they are awesome because they draw fanart. Trust me, there are those that do that exact thing.

Oh, and yes, that person is in fact are part of DA and solely draws "Sonic style" because that's "all I'm capable of drawing." She also thinks she's going to become some epic animator despite the fact she is in essence ripping off another artist.

Fanart for the sake of fanart I have no problem with. Fanart for the sake of popularity, I do have a HUGE problem with.

So yeah, go nuts, draw whatever you wish.

And yes, I do both draw fanart and watch people that do draw fanart along with other stuff.

I'm really not against anyone, because I myself would be included in that category as well. :D

So basically it sounds like you're mainly angry at the person's arrogance, not necessarily at the fact that they just draw fanart. Plus it doesn't sound like you're mad at the fact that the person is popular, just about how they brag about it (and the person's refusal to explore/try other styles). The way you've said it though makes it sound a bit like you're angry at all people who just draw fanart. Is that true?

[Edit]: Oh and I hate exams.

May 7, 2010 at 3:33 AM
Banned
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
So basically it sounds like you're mainly angry at the person's arrogance, not necessarily at the fact that they just draw fanart. Plus it doesn't sound like you're mad at the fact that the person is popular, just about how they brag about it (and the person's refusal to explore/try other styles). The way you've said it though makes it sound a bit like you're angry at all people who just draw fanart. Is that true?

lolralrenexceptmodsnotartbutstilljustastrueandalsoyourpostisincrediblyironic

May 7, 2010 at 4:01 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Fire1052 said:

I've had this argument with you guys what, 3 times already? Besides this isn't really the place to have afforementioned argument, but if you do want to try to come resolution to it feel free to PM or visitor message me.

Regarding that, I also hate people who just won't let it go.

May 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM
did you know?
its been psychologically proven that ranting is detrimental

May 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Banned
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I've had this argument with you guys what, 3 times already? Besides this isn't really the place to have afforementioned argument, but if you do want to try to come resolution to it feel free to PM or visitor message me.

Regarding that, I also hate people who just won't let it go.

Fire1052 said:

lol u mad

May 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Yeeeaahhh... just further feeding the case at hand.

I second that I can't stand people who hold grudges on mundane topics, and or feel they have to reiterate something to belittle someone.

May 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Orangedawg said:
did you know?
its been psychologically proven that ranting is detrimental
Assumably by the same people that psychologically "proved" that all violence in the world is the fault of video games.

And on that note:
I hate the numerous poorly researched studies "supposedly" linking video games to real world violence. Why do they continue on with this obsession to paint video games as the source of all evil?

May 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
andwhyisit said:
And on that note:
I hate the numerous poorly researched studies "supposedly" linking video games to real world violence. Why do they continue on with this obsession to paint video games as the source of all evil?

You've heard of the term "scapegoating" before right? Diverting popular dissent towards something else. As far as I can tell, they need something to blame the violence on, and video games just happen to be so easy to blame.

May 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Why would they ever think to blame youtube? The internet, period?

/sarcasm

I hate how some people forget (or just don't care), and assume that everyone can hear/read their exact intended tone of voice when reading something over the internet, in a note, or some form of writing/type.

May 7, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:

Yeah, the fact that by being unoriginal and using a rather popular fandom to achieve popularity rather than doing by their own ideas does in fact piss me off.

And its not aimed at one person, it's aimed at quite a few. Especially those that wished to escape it, successfully accomplish that fact, and get upset when they get a lot of comments on fan-art they drew. Its like they suddenly forgot just how popular fan-art is and how much other people like said fan-art.

Mostly, it's general idiocy that pisses me off. Like, for example, Fire's immature response.

And if I hated fan-art, I'd be hating myself, since I too draw some fan-art. I need to be a little more careful as to how I word things.

May 7, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Banned
Cyowolf1122 said:
Mostly, it's general idiocy that pisses me off. Like, for example, Fire's immature response.

You know what I really don't like? People like to act big as if to cover up some sort of insecurity when they're no better than anyone else. That's not to say some people can't be worse than others (i.e., cheating politicians, criminals, and the like before you all start bitching), but nobody should pretend like everyone around them is somehow below them due to their own accomplishments (i.e., undeserved sense of accomplishment coupled with a superiority complex). It's getting far too common these days, though people refuse to admit it, especially when it's directed at them.

Volley said:
I hate how some people forget (or just don't care), and assume that everyone can hear/read their exact intended tone of voice when reading something over the internet, in a note, or some form of writing/type.

I hate how, inversely, people assume they know exactly how a person is trying to say something, but text-wise and speech-wise. People like to bend each others' words to try to create something "incriminating," for the sole purpose of feeling better about themselves. Text-wise, it's how people will take "calm the fuck down, Jesus Christ," as "You have a serious problem and I'm calling your parents so that I can tell them you've come out of the closet to us," and go totally crazy without warning or any rational reason. Or the opposite, where someone will take something serious and put it off as a small, insignificant comment, and try to shrug it off by thinking of it as a joke. It's the same thing, with people being insecure and trying to assume the worst from others' words so that they can put others below them and feel better about themselves.

In T-Jack's own words, "I have a solution for you: think before you type."

May 8, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Fire1052 said:
You know what I really don't like? People like to act big as if to cover up some sort of insecurity when they're no better than anyone else. That's not to say some people can't be worse than others (i.e., cheating politicians, criminals, and the like before you all start bitching), but nobody should pretend like everyone around them is somehow below them due to their own accomplishments (i.e., undeserved sense of accomplishment coupled with a superiority complex). It's getting far too common these days, though people refuse to admit it, especially when it's directed at them.

News flash, everyone does this, to a degree. So it's kind of a hypocritical thing to hate. Everyone needs to have some sense of hierarchy over someone else, it's human nature, all in finding a place in society. Likewise, there's always the need to have others "better than you", because if you can't strive for anything, you've run out of purpose.

Am I wrong?

Fire1052 said:
I hate how, inversely, people assume they know exactly how a person is trying to say something, but text-wise and speech-wise. People like to bend each others' words to try to create something "incriminating," for the sole purpose of feeling better about themselves. Text-wise, it's how people will take "calm the fuck down, Jesus Christ," as "You have a serious problem and I'm calling your parents so that I can tell them you've come out of the closet to us," and go totally crazy without warning or any rational reason. Or the opposite, where someone will take something serious and put it off as a small, insignificant comment, and try to shrug it off by thinking of it as a joke. It's the same thing, with people being insecure and trying to assume the worst from others' words so that they can put others below them and feel better about themselves.

In T-Jack's own words, "I have a solution for you: think before you type."

This, I am in total agreement with.

Especially coupled with "conjured" knowledge/facts.