What part of Cave Story are you most annoyed re-doing?

What part of Cave Story are you most annoyed with?

• Blood stained sanctuary/ hell

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Egg Corridor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grasstown

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Sand zone

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • labrynth

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Egg corridor?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plantation

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Balkony 2012

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • First Cave

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Something that isn't any of these

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
May 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Puppy Quest is the worst. What I especially hate is how it makes you go all the way to the warehouse for a puppy, all the way back to Jenka, and then all the way back to the warehouse again. Grasstown doesn't have near that much backtracking. Plus, you can skip having to go back for Jellyfish Juice after turning the fans on. You can damage boost off the bats by Chaco's house to skip having to go through her fireplace, letting you keep the juice for Malko. Going into the inventory for a few seconds after getting hit uses up your invincibility, so you can get hit several times and bounce up over her house.

May 13, 2012 at 1:20 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I hate when I fall done the instant death pits then have to do it all again at Bushlands/Grasstown

May 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sand Zone.
Just... Sand Zone.

Though I'll admit Bushlands is a bit too backtracky.

May 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Grasstown a really annoying song with a really annoying level this takes the cake (balfrog boss is fine)

And yea sandzone deserves 2nd place too damn those dogs.

3rd would probably be the sanctuary it took me 60-70 freaking tries to get through it even now on the + version, but its supposed to be hard as hell so can't argue with that.

May 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Y'know, I really don't find any of the parts annoying ( I love CS lol), but i'de have to say Grasstown (Bushlands, whatever). Going back and forth through the stage was really frusturating on my second playthrough.

Grasstown a really annoying song with a really annoying level this takes the cake (balfrog boss is fine)

WHAT! how could you say such a thing about the awesome Grasstown theme! I shun you!

May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Double posting is illegal, you know. Now Noxid is gonna eat you. Unless you just edit and delete your posts :I

May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
NOOPE TOO LATE

May 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I hate Ironhead boss. I HATE RE-BATTLING HIM. $#*T

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Waterway+Ironhead
I don't have trouble with Ironhead himself, it's just I always go for 100% and getting the Alien Medal is a pain (Especially in the Wii version, because of the increased FPS). And, half the time I die in Waterway because of trying to go quick as possible.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:23 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Hell

Don't even get me started on minimal item run

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
okay, I won't.

Personally I when I voted on this, I was voting on a question written more like "what part of cave story are you not ecstatic to be playing?" because honestly I love every minute of this game

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Definitely Sand Zone, I would say, the cutscene there is just heart-breaking, hate to see King and Toroko dies again and again.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I hate getting to the end of hell and dying right before or in the middle of Ballos. I also hate the transmissions in first cave.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Probably the labyrinth and the sandzone, but that's mainly because I used to enjoy making my life harder by not taking the machinegun.

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Well, for me, the most annoying part is a close tie between Grasstown and Sand zone with Labyrinth following. Grasstown is annoying with the jellyfish juice since pretty much all the plot progression parts require it. Sand zone's fetch quest with the dogs/puppies gets annoying and the labyrinth has some of the worst jumps in the game. Some include climbing up the first place, getting to the clinic and the block that you have to jump on and jumping across the pit. Overall, my final decision is the Sand zone. I really hate getting all the dogs and having to go through the place 3 times.

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I HATE Grasstown, talk about wasting my time! I was just doing a pacafist run, and it was TERRIBLE. I probaly spent 4 hours on it. Especially at the parts with the bats, and jellys.

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I HATE Grasstown, talk about wasting my time! I was just doing a pacafist run, and it was TERRIBLE. I probaly spent 4 hours on it. Especially at the parts with the bats, and jellys.
Have you done Sand Zone on your pacifist run yet? During my experience with a 3HP run (I know it's not the same thing as the pacifist run) I was doing a while back, Sand Zone was more difficult than Bushlands. The tedious fetch-quest wasn't any fun, either.

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Yes, I finished sand zone on my pacifist run, and the part with the dogs (like you said) is an annoying piece of shit. Also the part with all the enemys where you have to jump across the platforms is hard too. The most ANNOYING part is the part with all the birds that I can't kill. I even hate the yellow flowers when fighting enraged Toroko. Maybe I should see what sand zone is like on a 3 hp pacifist run.

Now that I am in the middle of the labyrinth, the enemies next to Monster X ARE A LIVING HELL! All they do is shoot me whilst i'm attacking the boss, and ontop of that I can't kill the missiles he fires out so I have to dodge them all ;/

I can't wait for hell to start, and also outer wall :hoppy:. Should be fun.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:19 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey, you can just jump over Igor and be done with it!