What part of Cave Story are you most annoyed re-doing?

What part of Cave Story are you most annoyed with?

• Blood stained sanctuary/ hell

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Egg Corridor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grasstown

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Sand zone

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • labrynth

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Egg corridor?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plantation

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Balkony 2012

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • First Cave

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Something that isn't any of these

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
Apr 11, 2012 at 4:02 AM
"Huzzah!"
I get mostly annoyed with grass town. I can't explain why, but I think it's annoying having to go back and forth for just the jellyfish juice.

EDIT: Is the poll not working?

EDIT EDIT: Oh it was just the theme that was preventing me from seeing the text without highlighting it

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:04 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The threads

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:10 AM
Based Member
I get mostly annoyed with grass town. I can't explain why, but I think it's annoying having to go back and forth for just the jellyfish juice.
I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. The Sand Zone is a close second for me because of the puppy fetch-quest. The two versions of Egg Corridor and the Labyrinth keep themselves fresh, and don't really get old. For Hell, you don't really have to get through it to progress through the game; just see the ending. I guess that the Plantation sometimes annoys me, but not as much as Grasstown or the Sand Zone.

EDIT: Is the poll not working?
It's working for me...

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I do not see Balcony on this poll what are you insane
After Last Cave, you've got to go and restore all your XP and missiles and that junk. So you go up to that spot on the balcony to restore that shtuff, and you just do it over and over and over again and MY GOD it is so annoying
And then there's Igor down there and everything and just ugh

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:21 AM
Based Member
I disagree. It's really not that bad if you have the Spur and Booster 2.0.

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:27 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Uh...
You mean so that you get up there slightly faster than if you have the 0.8, and so you have one less weapon to level up?
What if you used up all your missiles?
What if you're playing with the Snake or Machine Gun?
What if you're doing a minimal items run?
Then what?
You still have to go up there a lot unless you are the ultimate master of Cave Story.
It gets annoying and repetitive, far more than other areas.

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:55 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
but I think it's annoying having to go back and forth for just the jellyfish juice.
I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. The Sand Zone is a close second for me because of the puppy fetch-quest. The two versions of Egg Corridor and the Labyrinth keep themselves fresh, and don't really get old.

Pretty much both of these. Gathering stuff for the bomb in Grasstown also irritated me because of the gosh darn fans. I always screw up with those, but that's probably just because I suck at Cave Story.

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Added a Balcony option. I agree with the Jellyfish Juice sentiments; it doesn't help that Grasstown doesn't hold much difficulty for me anymore :pignon2:

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM
First Cave.
The transmissions reeeeeeeeeeeally bug me at this point.

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Option Special Level Up for First Cave, in addition to an always-cozy blanket option

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Based Member
Uh...
You mean so that you get up there slightly faster than if you have the 0.8, and so you have one less weapon to level up?
What I meant was that it makes it easier to maneuver around the frenzied Mimigas, and take them out without using up any rockets.
What if you used up all your missiles?
Them take them out with the spur. I know Igor can take more than a fully charged spur hit, but it's still not that hard.

What if you're playing with the Snake or Machine Gun?
It doesn't take a lot to level up the machine gun, and if it's leveled up, then you can use it to fly. It can be something of a hassle if you have the Snake, but assuming you have a booster with you, it's not that hard.
What if you're doing a minimal items run?
Then what?
If you're doing a minimal items run, then the odds are that you are the ultimate master of Cave Story, and don't need to go up there.
It gets annoying and repetitive, far more than other areas.
Meh, I guess it's all opinionated.

Also, if it was DoubleThink that added the Balcony to the list, why did you spell it with a "K"?

EDIT: Oh, also, I agree with Lace and andwhy.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Apr 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
it's annoying having to go back and forth for just the jellyfish juice.
I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. The Sand Zone is a close second for me because of the puppy fetch-quest.
Pretty much both of these.
Multi-quoted for truth, justice and general agreement. However I'm going to vote only for Grass Town because the puppies fetch quest is only a part of what goes on there, whereas Grass Town is one big fetch quest.

Also,
First Cave.
The transmissions reeeeeeeeeeeally bug me at this point.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
"Huzzah!"
I do not see Balcony on this poll what are you insane
After Last Cave, you've got to go and restore all your XP and missiles and that junk. So you go up to that spot on the balcony to restore that shtuff, and you just do it over and over and over again and MY GOD it is so annoying
And then there's Igor down there and everything and just ugh
well I ran out of room to add poll options

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Sand Zone. Getting the puppies is just... annoying. Especially if you're doing a 3hp run.

Also, why can't Jenka just use magic to get her puppies back? :confused:

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Based Member
Also, why can't Jenka just use magic to get her puppies back? :confused:
Jenka said:
Even a witch like me grows old and frail... All I can do now is place my faith in you...
Her powers must have weakened so significantly that she can't get them by magic. Also, she says her hips are very weak.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:27 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Why on earth did she let them out into such a dangerous place as the Sand Zone anyway?

Yeah I know this is an entirely different topic but meh. I also can't recall if they covered that in the game.

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Also, she's probably testing your character through it ("My puppies don't waste their affection on the bad sorts")

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Based Member
Why on earth did she let them out into such a dangerous place as the Sand Zone anyway?
Let's see here:

Kakeru:
Jenka's pet. Adores bones and has buried them in countless places, most of which are by now forgotten.
I guess that since he/she likes burying bones, he/she had to go outside to do it, and got carried away.

Nene:
Jenka's pet. Spends most of her time asleep, but her dreams have been known to portend the future.
I'm not sure.

Mick:
Jenka's pet. Loves treasure-hunting. Or treasure *chests*, rather, and recently has taken up sleeping in them.
I guess he went treasure chest hunting, which explains why we find him in one.

Shinobu:
Jenka's pet. Loves dark places. Due to poor eyesight, he roams the darkness using his wild instincts alone.
My guess is that he wanted a change of pace, and went somewhere dark, or got lost in Jenka's house due to poor eyesight, stumbled upon the dark place where we find him, and took refuge by staying there since dark places are his area of expertise.

Hajime:
Jenka's pet and leader of the dogs. While searching for his brothers, he got lost and was taken in by Curly.
Well that's obvious, isn't it? He got lost because he was looking for the other lost puppies.

Also, I'm one of two youthful owners of what used to be a two-month old puppy, and even when I had a fit sibling to be the other main owner, managing the puppy was still very exhausting. Imagine a frail old woman whose magical powers have ceased managing five puppies on her own. I'm almost not surprised they got lost.