What is your LEAST favorite track in Cave Story?

Oct 25, 2022 at 4:55 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hmm, which ones are my least favorite... I'd have to say White, mainly because I'm not le speedrunner and tried going for a 3 minute run in the Sacred Grounds, plus it sounded a bit lackluster. I do have to agree with a lot of people on Access tho, not because it's overused, cuz we can never escape the CSBDs, but from a musician's standpoint. Having heard the cover soundtracks released by Nicalis and by fans of the game, Access is the one song that's impossible to make sound good, or even make a remix of.

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:54 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Obligatory Access, and also yeah Title/Plantation for being a kinda abrasive first thing to hear when I loaded up the game for the first time, young me didn't like it and it carried over I guess. Anyways lemme mention that while Org Wind Fortress is my favorite track, New Wind Fortress does NOT do it for me out of all the remixes because the original bass is gone, a good couple of measures are gone. It also doesn't have the underlying sense of urgency that the original Organya one had to match the Wind Fortress scenario as well.

Oct 27, 2022 at 8:41 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Obligatory Access, and also yeah Title/Plantation for being a kinda abrasive first thing to hear when I loaded up the game for the first time, young me didn't like it and it carried over I guess. Anyways lemme mention that while Org Wind Fortress is my favorite track, New Wind Fortress does NOT do it for me out of all the remixes because the original bass is gone, a good couple of measures are gone. It also doesn't have the underlying sense of urgency that the original Organya one had to match the Wind Fortress scenario as well.
doesn't only a fanmade version of New Wind Fortress exist? Out of all of the "extra" tracks in both organya and remastered only Toroko's theme is also in New

Oct 27, 2022 at 5:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
doesn't only a fanmade version of New Wind Fortress exist? Out of all of the "extra" tracks in both organya and remastered only Toroko's theme is also in New
Oh wait that's right, I haven't been on Plus recently so I forgot there's both New and Remastered and mistook them- the 3D/Remastered Wind Fortress track is the one I meant, yeah.

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:49 PM
War criminal
This is why I still call "New" the "Wii soundtrack" and "Remastered" the "3DS soundtrack"

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:20 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
My answer is going to be boring: Access. It is both abrasive and repetitive. It is the one song I want to be over the moment it starts playing.

I also like some people here find the opening section of the title theme to be very abrasive.

Charge is in third place, Zombie (Cave Story edition) in fourth.

Last edited: