What do you like the most about Cave Story?

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
WD said:
It's nice to have a discussion that doesn't involve questioning and criticizing peoples' views, isn't it?

He was just having a different opinion. It's called democracy, freedom of speech, whatever.

Dec 31, 2010 at 11:13 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I didn't actually say what I liked.

There's a few things worthy of mention. It's hard to pick a "best", since I'm sure I missed something.

1) the game allows you to bow out and doesn't invoke "karma" on you.

2) the music works. "Gestation" is particularly good. EDIT: And Geothermal.

3) the way you're drawn into the story emotionally. By the end you're REALLY going to hate Misery and the Doctor (having to fight Misery again every time you lose to the Doctor or Undead Core unfortunately dampens this quite a bit).

Dec 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It's weird how Pixel is talented in so many ways.

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
The everything

Its all very well made.

Although if I had to choose I would have to say my favourite thing in the game in Curly Brace. She is SO hot. Nobody has ever given me so much masturbationary pleasure.

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I really like how detailed and complex the plot is. That's what draws you in and keeps you going even through the toughest boss fights.

Having said that, I've no idea where they got some of the information in the Timeline from.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:19 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I, for one, think that Hell is so bloody awesome. it's super hard, but not so bad as to be dissuading you from continuing through sheer number of failures. you killed everything else in the game, so dropped on you is a new challenge harder than the rest of the game combined, leading up to a boss that is harder still, and so the drive to beat it is intense. when you finally do, you find that you've freed the two big enemies you see all over the game, and they're not that bad at all. everyone lives, everyone's happy, and Quote, Curly, and Balrog fly off into the sunset.
tl;dr: Hell because Give Up Already hard > Hell > Not Hard Enough, and big happy bonus ending laced with Crowning Moment of Heartwarming

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I love Everything litterally i see no problem with the game. (sorry for my grammar if i mispell anything) my favorute part thou is that its old school style that means its not an easy as heck game unlike some games *cough*sonic riders ZG*cough*

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The Plot, the music, the characters all mould together perfectly. I like it how there are three different endings; that's pretty good. Hell, fighting Ballos, that really finishes the game off nicely. Cave Story is so cool that after you win it, you have a hard time getting rid of the goosebumps :p.

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:44 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
The fact that I can take it with me everywhere I go on my DSi...

but all flaunting aside...

I like the music, I like the graphics, I like the story...

F*ck it. I like everything about it

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Really? The storyline's my favorite part of the game. That or the characters. I admit, some of them are pretty flat, but there's so much variety in between them all. No one's as sarcastic as Ma Pignon and no one's as innocent as Toroko, see what I'm saying here? Plus, I've never played a game with bunnies as my enemy. So it's pretty awesome.

The artwork is pretty spiffy. For some reason I didn't realize that we were in a cave -- just like, the significant ones (last cave, first cave) due to me not ever paying attention to the background. The gameplay is flawless, just enough for the first-time player and not too much. It has a steady progress of difficulty.

So, everything? I can see why it took Pixel five years to work on Cave Story.

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:49 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't know what I like the most. All the information; I was taking it in while trying to grasp the awesomeness.

The music; don't know why people would hate it. I can listen for hours and hours without losing interest

The graphics; Yes 10 year olds, it is not graphics like Black Ops, but graphics aren't everything (While I thought the graphics were good; all the old time games I've been playing, and something big in 8 bit seems like good graphics to me, hell, I couldn't do better so I don't complain.

The story; not hard to follow while still a great story. The concept of it all was easy to get. *cough* Inception *cough*

The characters; Pixel slowly built up the characters personalities throughout the game. This I liked, not like someone trying to rush.

Level design and physics; I thought the levels were very creative; I was feeling like I was in another world, my only worry to save the Mimigas. I loved the physics system, where your momentum is held longer than normal. This allowed for quick dashing
From place to place.

All this bunched up into one game makes CaveStory. Pixel must of been having an epic day to make CaveStory free. I mean, he must of had a tour of the Pawtucket Brewery, then swim in a pool of tacos. ect.

Oh well. Those people can be immersed in their repetative Call of Duty. I don't care. They don't want to play CaveStory, THEIR missing out, not me.