What did you get for Christmas?

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:08 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Raus was generous enough to give me Axiom Verge, my mother gave me a nice emerald collared shirt as an alternative to the black one for my suit, my younger sister gave me a "life bracelet" and my older sister granted me a used PS2! That means that I can finally, freely play a bunch of old games that I love like Crash Bandicoot 3, and start a few new ones like Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter! I live pretty close to a discount used games shop with extraordinarily low prices, as well - I have a lot of new and old ones to look forward to, and that's a very pleasant feeling.

I also get to spend the next few days of break with abundant tamales, won a few cents at Lotería with my family and had a very nice time with them. So those are all gifts, too. :orangebell:

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
- Smash for WiiU
- Wind Waker HD
- A bomb-ass spice rack
- Bioshock series

Christmas was pretty baller here, hope you guys are having a great christmas too

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
- Wind Waker HD

HD is the shit, a direct upgrade from the original
hope you enjoy it, i've put quite a few hours in that game

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:18 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
a hoody that i will probably never wear
another hoody that i might wear like once
a video game
a 25 dollar gift card
a 20 dollar amazon card
and uh
a pair of in-ear beats
i can't pretend i'm extremely excited but hey I got stuff that's cool

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Perpetually out of it
I didn't even know there was a special edition of this
p210902-0-f0asv9o.jpg

But holy fuck this is amazing
Oh also a shirt that says "ProcrastiNATION: We'll rule the world tomorrow"
Pretty great year

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I got a three-pack of these really comfortable white t-shirts, a snazzy sweater that makes me look like an Asian transfer student, a $10 bill, and this huge waffle maker!
Actually, my whole family got a bunch of breakfast making machines. ^_^;
I also got Undertale from a friend from another forum. Though it was more of a mutual agreement, I got Time Rifters from Shows too.

But most importantly, I got to spend a wonderful time with my family: eating a Polish Christmas dinner, unwrapping gifts, and an intense match of Super Scrabble with an official Scrabble dictionary on-hand!

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I got a pound of Twix because I got my braces off (fucking finally), curtains for my room, a new set of shelves (I have no idea why I got that), and an MP3 stereo that I can't use because it came with the wrong type of cord. And an electric toothbrush. Yes, I got a toothbrush for Christmas.

Oh, and a fabulous new watch and a fighter-jet LEGO set that looks really nice and very similar to one of my favorite aircraft. Holy crap I sound like a ten year old writing that.

The only thing I needed this year was money so I can save up for a PS4 but I didn't get any money at all which is odd. And the only thing I actually asked for this year was one of those pillows with arms, and my parents got both of my siblings one and not me, which I thought was odd.

Christmas was pretty meh this year but ah well, back to tutoring.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2015 at 8:37 PM
scrungy
  • Kingston SSD
  • Logitech G710+ (Keyboard)
  • Blue Snowball Black Ice (Mic)
  • Razer DeathAdder Chroma (Mouse)
Overall, I'd say I'm quite happy.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:52 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
And an electric toothbrush. Yes, I got a toothbrush for Christmas.
doesn't everyone get a toothbrush for christmas?
I mean I already have an electronic toothbrush but for some reason I still got a regular one this year too

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:04 PM
Professional Whatever
Yeah I got one too (and I can't even use it since I need special toothbrushes for my braces)

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:13 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
doesn't everyone get a toothbrush for christmas?
I mean I already have an electronic toothbrush but for some reason I still got a regular one this year too

Is this a thing? I had no idea, I've never known someone who got a toothbrush for Christmas.

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Merry X-Mas! Have a thread merge.

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:24 AM
Forever 12
Is this a thing? I had no idea, I've never known someone who got a toothbrush for Christmas.
You can honestly never go wrong with toothbrushes.

Especially the electric kind. Those are the best

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:47 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Another Christmas passes by~
Got some Clothes, Leather "Biker" Jacket, Comforter, Dark Chocolate, and free Nvidia Shield remote for the Shield Android TV.

Also got a bunch of memory I ordered during the holiday sales, pretty good deals I hope:
32 GB of Corsair Vengeance PC3 12800 1600MHz DRAM 9 9 9 24, ($132)
250 GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO, ($80)
2 TB WD My Passport Ultra External Drive (old ver), ($65)
64 GB MicroSD Sandisk Extreme Plus (new ver) ($30)

And debating on spending money on Steam sales (Undertale anyone?!)...

...slightly dreading the whole reinstall my system thing to take advantage of the SSD for overall system speed boost... Not a small task... It'll take DAYS I'm sure...

Notes on SSD:
Also I'll probably avoid installing the SSD manufacturer software on the new install (Samsung Magician) since I've read it's difficult to remove and uses more resources than if you just did the changes yourself. RAPID seems unnecessary with PrimoCache or another Caching program. Though before I do that, I'll probably install it on my previous installation to get any firmware updates.

Then I should setup an over provisioning partition to set aside SSD space, maybe 25% of the drive's space for heightened performance and lifespan; TRIM, and unallocate. Then customize where the most commonly modified files are stored, like certain annoying log files and temp files using symlinks. There are lots of OS tricks as well to check on too, and if I should use RAMdrive images for stuff like Internet Files (and other slow tasks like Photoshop or Steam lol).

I really want to utilize delay write too, but can't use that for anything that I don't mind being corrupted on power loss/unlucky crash... Hmm... and no UPS...

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:09 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I got drunk and felt kinda ill after.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:05 PM
beep boop
I got a set of Transformers that combine to make a giant one, a drawing pad, new mouse, and some steam moo-la. I proceeded to buy Starbound and Transformers Fall of Cybertron. I also got a pretty cool Twilight Princess styled Master Sword.