WarfStory {Alpha 0.1.9.9} Release 3/27 (Smaller update)

What character should I introduce into the game next??

• Total voters
Feb 19, 2015 at 3:08 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
QuoteHax said:
Vote for custom character(s):

The Game Grumps (Including Jontron)

They are good friends with Markiplier.
This would be amazing.

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:15 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Xing1870 said:
-the music is AWESOME

-interesting how all scientists have orange hair and a lab coat

-when i beat the boss, i saved at the save point behind him. i died and it triggered the boss fight again

-the custom sound effects are great but for some reason are louder then they should

-who's the guy? he looks fat in his sprite but his face pic looks like jack

-the pencil shaped statue blocks your way... is this a reference to earthbound?

-your face pic looks great, but the sprite just kinda looks derpy...

-if you say no to buying the life capsule, zacharie says "0050" and you are teleported to the outer wall

-i climbed up the wall and got to the life capsule, is that the end? i cant find any other way to go
-Thank you

-Indeed, I plan on adding more scientist and digger npcs soon.

-Those are still experimental

-That guy, I assume you're referring to the scientist, is MatPat, from game theory

-Yes, yes it is.

-That, in fact, is not me, but a main character from the game OFF; The Judge, or otherwise known as Pablo

-huh... It must not have been scripted right... thanks.

-Yes, that was all until the next update

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:18 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
got a small update done. Mostly just a little text and script additions and changes. Enjoy your new slightly overpowered weapon.

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:30 PM
"Huzzah!"
HEY I'M GRUMP!

Pretty cool mod so far! Just a small note though, if you keep talking to scary cat after he gives you the poofer, he'll keep extending your poofer ammo with the same message.

I really REALLY like the song "Island in the clouds"

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:59 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Two quick notes.
First of all, really good mod. Congratulations on making a mod that appeals to me as both a fan of Cave Story and Markiplier.

Secondly, just an exploit I found - After you return his tooth, the cat guy at the beginning (I'm having trouble remembering his name) gives you a weapon. However, if you continue to interact with him, he'll give you 10 more ammo for the weapon, essentially allowing infinite ammo.

I'm not a modder myself, so I'm not sure how to fix that, but I'm sure it's possible.

Anyways, thanks again for the great mod!

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:56 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It will be fixed in the next update, which I hope to release soon...
Which is what I say with every update, but still.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:25 PM
beep boop
I vote Jack. Will Billy make an appearance as well?

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:18 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Once i figure out how to make an enemy zoom up to you when you arent facing it, yes.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM
beep boop
Take a look at the code for the drowning death animation, it has code that looks for what direction the player is facing. Make a check for if left, check if player is facing left, and the same thing for the right side. Then make it execute whatever. That's how I think it would work.

May 10, 2015 at 7:27 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ok so i don't have played this mod as myself but considering the fact that this is a markplier's mod and everybody vote it quite good i have a plan that it may be stupid (or maybe not ?), here it goes:

1) in some ways we need to send this mod to markplier in the hope that he will notice it
2) if everything goes well, he may play it
3) after he ends the mod he may play the original cave story eventually
4) his subscribers will start to have interest in this game, and they will start to create stuff for this "fandom"
5) others youtubers watching markiplier will also play cave story
6) even more people will found interest in cave story
7) ???
8) profit

now i know what are you thinking "this is a bad idea, we don't want 8 year old kids in our fandom (like fnaf)" and maybe you are actually right, this is a bad idea but i just want to remember that every fandom have got his good and bad parts, from one side we will have guys who are going to create beatiful stuff, like fanarts, mods, songs, animations etc. from the other part.. well if you look at the fnaf fandom you will get the idea, is a double bladed sword.

the hardest part of this plan is to make markplier notice this mod, the rest is a chain reaction

what do you think ?

May 10, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
MasterQuote said:
now i know what are you thinking "this is a bad idea, we don't want 8 year old kids in our fandom (like fnaf)" and maybe you are actually right, this is a bad idea but i just want to remember that every fandom have got his good and bad parts, from one side we will have guys who are going to create beatiful stuff, like fanarts, mods, songs, animations etc. from the other part.. well if you look at the fnaf fandom you will get the idea, is a double bladed sword.
I think we're all perfectly willing to go without a little extra fan creation in exchange for not having to deal with more people with the name "quote" in their username

e: i didn't even look at his name lol

May 11, 2015 at 6:05 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
MasterQuote said:
"this is a bad idea, we don't want 8 year old kids in our fandom (like fnaf)" and maybe you are actually right, this is a bad idea but i just want to remember that every fandom have got his good and bad parts, from one side we will have guys who are going to create beatiful stuff, like fanarts, mods, songs, animations etc. from the other part.. well if you look at the fnaf fandom you will get the idea, is a double bladed sword.
A double edge sword with one edge promptly lodged into our vitals, sure

The larger a community grows it's almost by formlula that the amount of shitty terrible members will exponentially outnumber the decent ones. Like dunc said, no amount of fanart is worth having this community become even more saturated with 12 year olds.

May 11, 2015 at 2:41 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
duncathan said:
I think we're all perfectly willing to go without a little extra fan creation in exchange for not having to deal with more people with the name "quote" in their username
e: i didn't even look at his name lol
Yinga said:
A double edge sword with one edge promptly lodged into our vitals, sure
The larger a community grows it's almost by formlula that the amount of shitty terrible members will exponentially outnumber the decent ones. Like dunc said, no amount of fanart is worth having this community become even more saturated with 12 year olds.
well if i have to be honest my nickname really sucks, i didn't had much imagination to think about a good nickcname, if i would be able to change it i would, but i can't so i guess i have to keep it.

i have to admit that was a stupid idea and i'm happy that this "community" is small because we don't to deal with 8 years olds kid so yeah the deal "less fan creations, less kids" is actually a good deal

May 11, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Perpetually out of it
MasterQuote said:
well if i have to be honest my nickname really sucks, i didn't had much imagination to think about a good nickcname, if i would be able to change it i would, but i can't so i guess i have to keep it.
You can always request a mod or admin to change it for you
Just make sure you take the extra 5 minutes to think it through this time

May 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM
Professional Whatever
May 12, 2015 at 8:21 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Im just making the mod because I appreciate what mark does with all the hype he receives on youtube.
I do understand the snowball effect that will occur if he ever does play CaveStory, and even this mod.
Mass chaos may pursue like the aftershock of an earthquake.
If the forums are flooded with an immature audience in response to this mod, then I shall blame myself.
However, Markiplier's fan-community is one of the most well-behaved on youtube, that I know of. Very rarely does he ever have an offensive moment in his comment box and there are no well-known... Immature ones hidden in there either.
I think that those who join the Cave Story community through Warf Story and/or Markiplier will make wonderful additions to the community.
If that is not the case... Well, crud, then I typed this whole message for no reason.

May 13, 2015 at 2:07 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Go ahead and make the mod, and try and show it to Markiplier if you want to. Shitty members are gonna come anyway, I just disagreed with the point the other guy had made.

May 13, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Zenix said:
Im just making the mod because I appreciate what mark does with all the hype he receives on youtube.
I do understand the snowball effect that will occur if he ever does play CaveStory, and even this mod.
Mass chaos may pursue like the aftershock of an earthquake.
If the forums are flooded with an immature audience in response to this mod, then I shall blame myself.
However, Markiplier's fan-community is one of the most well-behaved on youtube, that I know of. Very rarely does he ever have an offensive moment in his comment box and there are no well-known... Immature ones hidden in there either.
I think that those who join the Cave Story community through Warf Story and/or Markiplier will make wonderful additions to the community.
If that is not the case... Well, crud, then I typed this whole message for no reason.
duncathan said:
Go ahead and make the mod, and try and show it to Markiplier if you want to. Shitty members are gonna come anyway, I just disagreed with the point the other guy had made.
well, the point is that: i would like to see markiplier to play cave story, (and considering the fact that he "cares" about games like he does with fnaf he will also try to get the best ending) and i think that the markiplier's fandom isn't full of 8 years old kids, the problem is that, if he play cave story he will trigger the "snowball effect" and then you know what happens next, there are youtubers who have got a shitty fandom (*cough* *cough* pewdiepie *cough* cough*) and now is where the snowball effect starts to be a problem, (but if Mark will trigger the snowball effect, he will trigger it, and there is nothing we can do about it) but i wouldn't call it "snowball effect" i would call it "snowball theory" because we can't prove that this is going to happen

May 13, 2015 at 5:45 PM
Perpetually out of it
MasterQuote said:
8 years old kids
For future reference this forum calls them 12 year olds as a general term

May 13, 2015 at 9:46 PM
Yinga said:
For future reference this forum calls them 12 year olds as a general term

i don't know, 12 years old is already mature i think, or am i wrong?