Vote for Quote in SSB

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:26 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Beat me to it! Please spread this around! WE MUST HAVE OUR QUOTE! SO VOTE QUOTE!

Also before I submit tell me what you think of this for my reasoning:

Quote should be a fighter because his moveset could be very interesting. In the game he comes from, there are many weapons, such as a throwing sword or a bubble weapon, which would offer something other characters can't. His weapons also have different levels, offering even more potential moves. Cave Story is one of the most well known indie games of all time, a game which appears on both the Wii and 3DS, so he's not foreign to Nintendo platforms. Having an indie character like this would be a first, and with Nintendo's indie push, what better than to have the most popular indie character in?

(EXACTLY 500 CHARACTERS)

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Another thing to think about though is "Will there be anough custom moves as well as regular moves?"
With the addition of customizations, there needs to be instead of just five special moves, but 15. They would need to make sense, and stuff like that. Not to mention which stage to use, and they also need premission from Nicalis and Pixel. Nintendo may be reaching out, but unless Cave Story gets a very famous prequel or sequel, on a Nintendo consle/handheld, we're really unlikely to get him in Smash Bros anytime soon.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Five special moves?
Last I checked there were only four. Left and right both count as "side".
So that's 12 total customs, not 15.
Keep in mind they don't necessarily have to be from the source game, we've gotten characters with moves that were created solely for the purpose of smash bros or from other games of the same developer/publisher.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:53 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
It seems unlikely guys. In terms of indie characters, there's a mssive campaign to get Shovel Knight playable.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:12 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Shovel Knight has more of a chance due to a larger fan base and all versions must be paid for, but both Shovel Knight and Cave Story have computer versions, which Nintendo doesn't have control of. If Nintendo won't be able to make a profit from the computer versions, then neither are very likely to have a place in Smash's roster. This is the sad but true reason why the odds are against us.
Maybe they could appear as an assist/regular trophey, though, but even that's a stretch.

Edit: 550th post. I now have the forums.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:22 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ILOVEVHS said:
It seems unlikely guys. In terms of indie characters, there's a mssive campaign to get Shovel Knight playable.
4Chan's raiding the Smash 4 ballot right now so there can be a lot of votes in for a Katawa Shoujo character, making Quote's chances even less possible.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Professional Whatever
i'm impressed you guys still think there's any possibility at all

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:34 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I know it's unlikely, but it's even less likely if no one tries at all

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:17 PM
"Huzzah!"
Voted for Quote, he's got a better Nintendo track record than Commander Video anyway.

Also, chances of him appearing are slightly better now that Nintendo's gotten on the DLC bandwagon, Mewtwo is a downloadable character, and Lucas is going to be DLC too, so chances are there will be more characters available to download.

Here's the SSB4 DLC page for reference:

http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:48 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Jpzarde said:
Voted for Quote, he's got a better Nintendo track record than Commander Video anyway.

Also, chances of him appearing are slightly better now that Nintendo's gotten on the DLC bandwagon, Mewtwo is a downloadable character, and Lucas is going to be DLC too, so chances are there will be more characters available to download.

Here's the SSB4 DLC page for reference:

http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html
uhhh
you do realize that this thing is for a future dlc character right
I highly doubt they would say they're going to add another dlc character and not add another dlc character
also in what way is his "Nintendo track record" better than Commander Video
Commander Video had like 7 games and Quote had 1

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:16 AM
"Huzzah!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
uhhh
you do realize that this thing is for a future dlc character right
I highly doubt they would say they're going to add another dlc character and not add another dlc character
also in what way is his "Nintendo track record" better than Commander Video
Commander Video had like 7 games and Quote had 1

I don't think anyone says that they're going to add another DLC character, and not add another DLC character, that would just be lying. Though it's true that the chances of them adding a third party character as DLC is lower than them adding a character from one of their own franchises.

As for the other thing, Commander Video was added as a trophy to the game because the creator thought it would represent Nintendo's relation to indie games, and while it does to an extent, I wonder why they didn't choose an indie character who had a bigger ratio of Nintendo exclusive games. Back in 2008, retail Cave Story was only available on the Wii-Ware. 2 something ish years later, Niccalis made Cave Story 3D which was an exclusive for the 3Ds. True the ratio might have went down with the release of Cave Story + on steam (which is basically Cave Story Wii-Ware on the computer), but I still feel as if Cave Story, and by extension the character Quote has a better relationship with Nintendo, despite not having as many games as Commander Video (to compare, pretty much all of the bit.trip games are multi-platform).

I hope this helps justify my disposition.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:18 AM
Offensive User
TLincoln said:
4Chan's raiding the Smash 4 ballot right now so there can be a lot of votes in for a Katawa Shoujo character, making Quote's chances even less possible.
lmao
Jpzarde said:
yeah no
Doors said:
i'm impressed you guys still think there's any possibility at all
Yeah pretty much this. People are really optimistic about putting indie game characters in a mainstream game. There's no fucking way it's going to happen when they only added a trophy of Commander Video to show their love for indies. That's the most that's going to happen. Sorry kids

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:23 AM
"Huzzah!"
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
lmao
yeah no

Yeah pretty much this. People are really optimistic about putting indie game characters in a mainstream game. There's no fucking way it's going to happen when they only added a trophy of Commander Video to show their love for indies. That's the most that's going to happen. Sorry kids

It's good to dream.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:00 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If everyone just votes for quote, then even if they don't put him in the game, they would realize that he is a highly wanted character.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:04 AM
War criminal
Some people have wants, and the same people also have wants who they would like to see in Smash more than those other wants.

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:52 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Nintendo has that page where you can suggest characters at the moment. I voted for quote. I said that I want him to play exactly like he did in the game different guns for different customizations.

Apr 4, 2015 at 8:06 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I voted for Quote and the Doctor;

I think it would be cool to see the Doctor's final smash be the Undead core blasting huge balls of energy and just plain destruction all over the map.

And Quote's final smash being able to fire infinite spur lasers in 4 directions.