Vote for Quote in SSB

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:15 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Would Jay Leno's chin's final smash be the Crimson Chin?

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:36 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
funwillfunwill said:
Done. I would recommend typing long responses to nintendos question to separate ourselves from all of the elementary aged kids voting for their favorite character.
That might actually matter if
They actually cared enough to distinguish between the two

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Yinga said:
With such a large result set the description box would be utterly pointless if that were the case.

duncathan said:
really? a lot of these ballot campaigns provide descriptions for one to just copy-paste in
Would you be willing to put any effort in for people who won't? Of course I'm just saying what I would do, not what they would do.

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
What's the point of a ballot explanation of all of them are the same? One would think they'd actually read those for consideration instead of go "oh look all these people said the same thing therefore they must really want him".

But I mean I guess spamming the poll works too. What was I thinking? All I did was vote one time and leave it at that! Silly me.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Yinga said:
Why would they purposely ignore the votes of elementary kids, when they're a large portion of the target audience??

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM
Perpetually out of it
I'm not saying they should, that's a horrible idea from a PR standpoint
All I proposed is that they don't care who's what age and it's not gonna change anything unless they did, which they shouldn't

May 7, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Curly strapped to his back, Ice Climbers style (Also, RIP Ice Climbers). I'm aware that this:

1. Will never ever ever ever ever ever EVER happen
2. This won't work on the 3ds version

But whatever.

Quote will have access to the Spur, Polar Star, Fireball, Blade, and the Booster v. 2.0, while Curly uses the machine gun and Nemesis.

May 8, 2015 at 8:11 PM
War criminal
ByteWizard said:
2. This won't work on the 3ds version
With Curly strapped to Quote's back, their positioning is more that of Duck Hunt than Ice Climbers. The fact that Sakurai successfully put Rosalina and Luma in the 3DS version was nothing but a miracle for him, as he had diffculty putting them in the game.

May 8, 2015 at 11:33 PM
Been here way too long...
It could work for 3ds smash, they just need to use Cave Story 3D's texture-less models!

May 9, 2015 at 4:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I think there's much more work involved in adding a character to SSB than just the creation of models.

May 9, 2015 at 6:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I actually do want Quote in for Smash 4. Granted, he has a slightly small chance (he literally has no melee options) so it would be interesting to see what he would do, if he manages to make it in as DLC.

May 10, 2015 at 8:18 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
May 10, 2015 at 9:28 AM
Perpetually out of it
A sample survey with results taken indepentendtly doesn't provide an accurate picture for the final outcome

May 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Pokefan said:
(he literally has no melee options)
How does the Blade not count as a melee weapon?

May 10, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Also, Samus and Megaman are two excellent examples of the ways they could take a primarily ranged fighter's moveset. If anything, he'd be a nice balance of the two since the Blade alone could account for a few melee moves. There are good reasons as why he isn't likely to make it into Smash, but I don't think his moveset is among them - if he were chosen, I'm pretty sure they'd either make things up to fill in the blanks or find a way to make shooting moves work.

May 17, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
#usedNICALISlink
No but seriously, I gave some suggestions for winning animations & attacks.
Man, I am so good at my job.
(I go to school not work and don't have a job @ the moment, wanted to get that out of the way)
I am serious, I drew out basic Quote moveset at school. Not very good ones, but still, that probably is dedication...?
Oh and I also voted for Curly Brace in the same vote. Could be like tow rope combo? idk

May 30, 2015 at 2:20 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
PlacCave said:
#usedNICALISlink
No but seriously, I gave some suggestions for winning animations & attacks.
Man, I am so good at my job.
(I go to school not work and don't have a job @ the moment, wanted to get that out of the way)
I am serious, I drew out basic Quote moveset at school. Not very good ones, but still, that probably is dedication...?
Oh and I also voted for Curly Brace in the same vote. Could be like tow rope combo? idk
Would the Tow Rope combo be something for his Final Smash?

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:43 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It might have a low possiblity of happening, but it's worth a shot, ya know? I mean, it's definitely not impossible.
People probably won't believe me, but this is coming from a person who has an extreme amount of good and bad luck.

Also, a few other things...
The 3DS is actually pretty darn capable from what I heard. I believe that Quote could fit into the 3DS version as well as he could fit into the Wii U version.
As for moves, you have to remember that he doesn't need to be only using the guns and the Blade. I'm not sure, but there are other things that could possibly fit into his moveset. Look at the different characters and see what they do in their own games. I'm not just talking about their Specials; I'm talking about their aerial attacks, their standard attacks, smash attacks, throws, and some other stuff. He doesn't need to use his weapons for everything, basically. Just take a close look. Duck Hunt is probably the most obvious to not exactly sticking to just his own game, ya know.
Cave Story might be only one game, but the game is on the 3DS, Wii (U), and Dsi, and those are all profit sources for Nintendo.

Honestly though, I don't know who should I vote for.

Also, I'm listening from the Star Wolf music from the Nintendo 64 and it's making my mind race.

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:21 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hope dies last, so why shouldnt we try to get Quote into SSB ?bI know its not likely but there is nothing to loose and a success would be absolutely amazing!