video game+

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:01 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Just thought of dropping by to show this! =w0

The nostalgic feeling that this game had given me, I have never seen a classic game for too long now. This is such a breather.

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:42 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not a new record, but here's a proof of concept on speedrunnng the shotgun challenge. I'll try getting a new record with this!
EDIT: I think I've reached the fastest time possible for the Shotgun Challenge! :o

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 11:04 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
So umm I grinded for an hour and took like 5 seconds off of standard Time Attack. I originally had a 1'16"7 in this post but I knew I could do better so I did this 1'12"4. Neat, right?

This is nowhere near the optimal time, but I didn't want to deal with this hellfire for any longer. Maybe I'll improve it when someone beats me.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 5:50 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
p205407-0-2f4162878a.png

teaser trailer for the next video game record

Almost two years later, and not only has the exploit not been fixed:
p359706-1-f6aff48782.png

But none of you, not a single one of you has ever found it, let alone used it in your runs.
I'm cancelling all of your results, your world records and your TASes until you fix this.

I'm thoroughly disappointed in you all.

house+fireball skip great mod by the way

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:07 PM
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Almost two years later, and not only has the exploit not been fixed:
But none of you, not a single one of you has ever found it, let alone used it in your runs.
I'm cancelling all of your results, your world records and your TASes until you fix this.

Actually... I did find that exploit in private, but never posted it since getting to space (or more accurately, the boss) without the fireball wastes way more time than it actually takes to stop and get it.
If I can find the hourglass file that I made of it I'll see about posting it here.

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:07 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 6:08 PM
I will not be silenced! The 1'12"4 shall stand! (Scroll up)
For the record, I also got a WR on Hard Mode. Video is processing.

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:16 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So umm I grnded for an hour and took like 5 seconds off of standard Time Attack. I originally had a 1'16"7 in this post but I knew I could do better so I did this 1'12"4. Neat, right?

This is nowhere near the optimal time, but I didn't want to deal with this hellfire for any longer. Maybe I'll improve it when someone beats me.

Score has been updated. Nicely done!
(You are on an older version of the mod, but I didn't make any significant changes to Time Attack since then so I'll allow it)

Almost two years later, and not only has the exploit not been fixed

I intentionally left all of the exploits in, in order to keep the game as close to the original Time Attack as possible

great mod by the way

Thank you!

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:16 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 6:22 PM
Here's my Hard Mode wr. I could have saarved more time on this but every time I tried I just couldn't string it together. So, begrudgingly, I have settled for a 1'18"4.

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:25 PM
scrungy
Here's my Hard Mode wr. I could have saarved more time on this but every time I tried I just couldn't string it together. So, begrudgingly, I have settled for a 1'18"4.

Your score has been added.

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:57 PM
EDIT: I think I've reached the fastest time possible for the Shotgun Challenge! :o

That's where you're wrong, kiddo B-)

Cut 1.4 seconds off. Btw sorry for the bad audio. And the obs as a background.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 7:01 PM
scrungy
That's where you're wrong, kiddo B-)

Cut 1.4 seconds off. Btw sorry for the bad audio. And the obs as a background.
RareBeeph is on a path for world domination

Aug 11, 2017 at 7:12 PM
War criminal
Bravo, you have beaten my record! You can keep it, it was already hell seeing if that shortcut was possible or not.

Aug 11, 2017 at 7:17 PM
I actually tried to do that before seeing your video and concluded it was impossible. Once I saw you do it, I started practicing. After an hour or so I got the hang of it and grinded a run down over the course of 16 more minutes. You could definitely drop any of my records by at least a second with enough time put in, but it gets frustrating to do the same challenge for an hour straight.

It's sad to hear you won't try to take it back, but maybe someone else will come to break my records and give me a reason to put more time in!

Do you have any challenge mod recommendations? I'm short of a purpose as of now.

Aug 11, 2017 at 7:24 PM
War criminal
I could try going for a time faster than my previous one, when I'm in a good enough mood. I was drained from getting the previous WR at 1 in the morning!

As for other challenge mods, I can't name any from off the top of my head, I don't visit these forums as often as I used to! :p

Aug 11, 2017 at 11:57 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I was about to post my other two videos: (time attack 1:14 and hard mode 1:29), but somehow I missed them getting destroyed earlier.

So, here you go instead.
any% is dead

Apologies for the low video quality, but also get rekt.
OOH Rarebeeph's not gonna be very happy about this! He'll probably grind at this challenge some more until he beats your time, I think. Also, great job on the time!

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:03 AM
War criminal