This game begs for some sorf of online co-op or maybe deathmatch mode.

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
What do we have so far:

- Multiple Weapons
- Maps that can be huge.
- A cool platformer game that reminds me of jazz jackrabbit 2 (that game has online capability too but people don
't play it anymore though)

It could work pretty good I'd say.

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
1. Acquire Super Missile Launcher
2. Win all the games

Besides, this was already attempted once. Unless you're willing to make it, it won't be attempted again.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
gdfsgdfg said:
This game begs for some sorf of online co-op or maybe deathmatch mode.
Hmm.. co-op is all well and good but deathmatch mode wouldn't feel like cave story at all.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Team Robot army vs Team Mimiga vs Team Quote/Curly vs Team Balrog/Misery

CTC! (CAPTURE THE CROWN!)

Besides, this was already attempted once. Unless you're willing to make it, it won't be attempted again.
If you're talking about Agora's Legends... I bet someone could take over her work with her permission. Everything needed to continue might already be up for download. It was starting to come together I believe...
http://echidnatribe.org/

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Co-op really would be a fun element if anyone were actually not lazy capable enough to impliment it. It doesn't need to be some feature-rich and elaborate modification, in fact i'd disable player 2's ability to trigger interaction-based events/flags; if that were too hard then i'd disable their ability to interact with anything, period. The writing could appear on both screens simultaneously whenever P1 interacts with something.

Anyway I never expect to see a live and functioning co-op mod for this game, just wanted to express how I thought it'd be cool.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Set up online co-op by adding some of those blue robots (like the one at Egg's Corridor and those from the Labyrinth's start) in the First Cave. Their sprite is a close match to Quote so it'll be mostly a palette swap.

Anyone who's not Quote/the game host, can easily have some sort of excuse to be unable to interact with other NPCs, like disabled vocals.

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:53 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Captain Fabulous said:
I think it's been attempted more than once. Seriously, who the hell wouldn't want to play multilayer cave story.
Anyway, this is the closest it's gotten, if I'm correct.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 16, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I chatted with her...
She had some really great plans for Agora's Legends.

I believe* she was interested in being able to have the player control Misery, Balrog, etc... Each with their unique ways of playing. Would make great deathmatch, or a base for mods...

Also there was talk of a massive multiplayer way of playing... Where people start off in a hub area, like Mimiga Village, and they can travel to various areas, and interact, fight together etc.

You can read up on it, at the forums there.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:35 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This would make me very happy.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:51 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Co-Op sounds pretty cool, but a deathmatch kind of dosen't sound Cave Story. But, if it played like a boss fight, not a deathmatch, where a character(s) play as Quote or Curly, and the other plays as Balrog and Misery, I think it would be interesting. But the thing is, they get stronger throughout the game. Would they be in their weakest form, their strongest, or a modified form(by form I mean attacks and HP)? Or would it have some leveling up system, similar to most multiplayer deathmatch games?