The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic.

Feb 17, 2010 at 1:37 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Re: The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? to

whyme said:
It's just best to be the character who you want to be...

So don't let anything mean that anybody says get to you.:)
Quoted for truth though most of what whyme seems to think of as mean is actually just having a sense of humor

whyme said:
Thats how you win.
Remind me again, since when does being a forum member have anything to do with winning/losing? :)

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Re: The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? to

Uh, so there was introducing thread after all.

I'm about 17 years old gamer from Finland. I have been playing games for at least 15 years, though I played Cave Story first time at the beginning of this year, about January 7th. I wish I had tried it earlier, because it is awesome, best games I have ever played.
I play (game related internet surfing, chatting, forums etc. included) a lot. I'm no-life, I guess. But I like it, doing what I like to do. ^^

So, uh, nice to meet you all.

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."

Hello, SpikeFin, nice to see a fellow European in here. Welcome to MGF. Good English, by the way. Oh, yeah, and here's your cookie.

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:37 PM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

What's it like in Finland?

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

whyme: you don't believe me being from Finland, huh? It sounds like it =D
Or I'm wrong and you're just interested, sry then.

It's pretty cold and lots of snow here when compared to...well, some warmer countries. Right now temperature is outside about -25°. It freezing to cycle to school, but weather will get warmer soon.

T-Jack: Thanks ^^

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

FYI, he means -25˚ Celcius, Amerifags.

SpikeFin, you are an extreme mofo (that's a compliment). You are biking through snow in weather cold enough to freeze your eyelids together. I am now afraid of Finland, and I wonder why they're not doing so well at the Olympics.

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

=D

Well, sometimes it is even -30˚ Celsius here, but you'll get used to it. Or you won't, but you still have no choice than dress warmly and manage somehow. And it's not always so cold, only a few days in winter.

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

Allo, salut.
Sunt iero un haiduc. ._.

Welcome to the forums, Mr. pointy-type guy.
Hope you enjoy your stay.
Also, Finland rocks!

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:38 AM

SpikeFin said:
Well, sometimes it is even -30˚ Celsius here, but you'll get used to it. Or you won't, but you still have no choice than dress warmly and manage somehow. And it's not always so cold, only a few days in winter.
Oh, I'm used to that kind of weather, but biking in it's INSANE. Around here people would use a snowmobile in that situation. You know, to get to work.

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:13 AM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Oh wow, I never even noticed this thread...

Well, uh, I've said it elsewhere, but might as well here, too.

I found this forum through the Cave Story tribute site, a site I've been using regularly since 2006. I've been a huge fan of Cave Story since then but tried not to play it from 2008-2010 due to trying to hype myself up for the Wii release, and keep the game fresh and not play it to death or something, though I guess that seems like it was a weird decision now, even if the Wii version had been super perfect and had like all the beta crap and tons more extras etc. I shouldda never stopped playing it, because I'm a massive fan of it, and that might've gotten me to join this forum a lot lot lot sooner, though at least I finally am here now...

I love games in general, on any console or PC, but especially my favorites are retro (nes/snes era especially) games; from the actual games FOR those systems (mega man, castlevania and metroid being three in particular I can't get enough of) to the 'new retro' games that've been so excellent, like Mega Man 9 and 10, Castlevania Adventure Rebirth, NSMB Wii and even Cave Story itself.

Now that I've gotten back into cave story it's pretty incredible. All I wanna do is play and make mods/hacks for it, get better at messing with music so I can make remixes for it, get better at drawing so I can make fanart for it, maybe even make totally-not-cheesy-but-actually-awesome fanfiction at some point, etc. but until any of that may come to fruition, I feel good just finally being a part of the community :3 And I DID write an FAQ, though probably a bit late.. at least it contains some stuff from the wii version, lol.

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Nice, I didn't see this thread at first either. Luckily this is my first post. :D

Kay, so I'm Dark. I found this place through the Cave Story tribute site, also been using regularly since around 2006 (same as ragnaroq up there) xD

Ummm... Right. I'm a professional web designer, but I'm really more into writing, animating, and programming... a.k.a. game design. Aaaand that's about it.

kthxbai

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"

So I finally decided to make an account here. I'm Sonikku, known on Youtube and a few other places as SpriterSonikku. I'm a SMW hacker, pixel artist, and mostly stuff like that.

..I dunno, I'm no good at introductions so I'll just stop by and say hello I guess.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:58 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Hey, I'm Azurillkirby. I'm a LPer, not that good though, and once i realized that, i started doing more streams on UStream than LP's.
However, I did recently start an LP of one of the CS Mods on the forum, Schism.

Now back to me in general, I'm a huge gamer and a really huge Cave Story and Kirby fan. I came to this site a long time ago searching for Cave Story Mods, and I've get my mods from here since (Well, I never got them any where else...). I didn't decide to make an account until now.

Signature Quote- Puppy Hat! (Reference to Cave Story puppy fetch-quest)

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Wow, its been a while since I last came here. Good to see the place is still running. Just wanted to stop by to say Hi after a long while and to see how everyone likes Cavestory on the Wii :D Anywho, chao!

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:25 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Hey guys, Its Sandro from the Nicalis forums. Since the forum went down I decided to join the forums here. :D

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Welcome, and enjoy your stay.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

's spelled ciao.

also, welcome young sandro. spice up the frumz a tad plox?

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

You win.
Unless he was trying to say "bye".

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Thanks guys, can't wait till I can set an avatar (you have to wait a week I suspect?)