The Mimiga Army

Jun 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
immortalshippo said:
I want YOU to realize that you SUCK at drawing gigantic drills.

Go f@#$ yourself. I know I suck at drawing them ON PAPER. I wish paper had pixels.

WoodenRat said:
Sir that was uncalled for!

Thank you WoodenRat.

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:28 PM
inactive user
Double post and spoiler screenshot tiem!
p98721-0-1zd18av.jpg

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:52 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
That sounds like something, odd, to say.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:23 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
needs more save paints.

every time you die, you have to replay the last 10 minutesof the game just to get killed again by hidden spikes.

i didn't take any damage that mod. i took multiple deaths, but no damage.

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Pirate Member
IcelaunchDragon said:
needs more save paints.

every time you die, you have to replay the last 10 minutesof the game just to get killed again by hidden spikes.

Same here man.

I guess it's hard to decide where to put the savepoints when you're making a mod, all the spikes and challanges seem so obvious if you've created them yourself.

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:25 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'd put a save point near any part that has instant death traps, even if they're obvious. Heck, it's a good idea to have them pretty damn often in any game; there's little I hate more than having to play a load of gametime every time you die.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Pirate Member
ragnaroq said:
I'd put a save point near any part that has instant death traps, even if they're obvious. Heck, it's a good idea to have them pretty damn often in any game; there's little I hate more than having to play a load of gametime every time you die.

I agree, it was pretty annoying during the monster X fight when you had to run aaaalll the way through the level just to fight him again.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:50 PM
inactive user
ragnaroq said:

It's a hard mod, remember?????? Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

The mod is for people who can beat Hell. There is no savepoint in hell. Thus, not many savepoints.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
sixtyseconds said:

The mod is for people who can beat Hell. There is no savepoint in hell. Thus, not many savepoints.

Not that it's any of my business, but there's also no cutscenes in Hell, and it takes only a few minutes to complete.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM
inactive user
Fire1052 said:
Not that it's any of my business, but there's also no cutscenes in Hell, and it takes only a few minutes to complete.

I'm tired of explaining. :D THE MOD IS HARD. GET OVER IT. Either play it or don't. I'll try to work more savepoints into the new demo, but for now I'm only putting them where they make sense, like in someone's house.

Sorry for the outburst. :mad:

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:08 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
sixtyseconds said:
I'm tired of explaining. :D THE MOD IS HARD. GET OVER IT. Either play it or don't. I'll try to work more savepoints into the new demo, but for now I'm only putting them where they make sense, like in someone's house.

Sorry for the outburst. :D

Taking away the ability to save and continue from the player isn't adding any difficulty, it's just inconvenient.

But what do I know, I haven't played the mod. :mad:

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:10 PM
inactive user
Fire1052 said:
Taking away the ability to save and continue from the player isn't adding any difficulty, it's just inconvenient.

Ah..........

As I said, i'll add more save points in the next demo final release.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Pirate Member
Please, PLEASE do...

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you (meaning whomever) really want that many saves you could just use the Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer, over here. That way the people who do want a challenge can get one, and those who want to make things easier can pick their own means of doing so.

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Pirate Member
You can just skip all the savepoints as well as life capsules.

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:31 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
One complaint:

Too

Many

Insta-deaths

I have yet to die from taking too much damage, it's just way too easy to make one mistake and fall into a -127 spike trap which are conveniently placed EVERYWHERE. This wouldn't be that bad, except that there aren't many save points, so you're sent back about 5 minutes and have to do everything you just did AGAIN. The spike traps are meant so you don't get insanely reckless, not so if you do what every human does and make a mistake and you fall into them.

Spike traps = insanely annoying
Rest of mod = Pretty much easy.

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
IcelaunchDragon said:

Shadow the Past said:
One complaint:

Too

Many

Insta-deaths

I have yet to die from taking too much damage, it's just way too easy to make one mistake and fall into a -127 spike trap which are conveniently placed EVERYWHERE. This wouldn't be that bad, except that there aren't many save points, so you're sent back about 5 minutes and have to do everything you just did AGAIN. The spike traps are meant so you don't get insanely reckless, not so if you do what every human does and make a mistake and you fall into them.

Spike traps = insanely annoying
Rest of mod = Pretty much easy.

I'm beginning to see a trend here...
Sure it's just 2 posts, but they say nearly the exact same things.

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:38 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'm beginning to see a trend here...
Sure it's just 2 posts, but they say nearly the exact same things.

Haha, well I had read most of the other posts in this thread earlier... That must've been in my head when I was typing that. ^^' But I still think that it is an issue in the mod...

Edit: Also
sixtyseconds said:

I've beaten Hell dozens of times over. Difference between Hell and this?
Hell only has about, mmm, say, 10 insta-death-spikes? And most are in the maneuverability room at the start, which is 10 seconds from a save point. The only other one I can think of is near the end of the long hallway, and that's so the Heavy Brutes (or whatever they're called) can throw blocks at you.

I just got past the Drillpress at the end of the mines and am in the water area. I find it a monstrosity that there isn't a save point. We just had to defeat a boss with 3 very low damage weapons (only took me 2 tries but a long time) and now you want us to do this physics crippling puzzle/maze? I just ran back to the save point that had the life capsule on Route 19 or whatever it was.
Point is, ease up on the "do it or you're dead" perspective, and instead go to the "do it or you're going to have a hard time later on with all that damage you just took" perspective. Oh, and more save points. As stated before, they're a conveniance, they don't make it easier.

Jun 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM
inactive user
Hmm..... Well, in the final release I will add additional save points to certain areas. Also
MEGASPOILER
MEGASPOILER
There will be two endings.

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:27 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
pixel did 3