The Mimiga Army

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:05 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I can record voice no problem. My sound card lacks a stereo mix option for recording (stereo mix is what you hear) so I can't record in-game sound. I've tried for ways to get it but none exist minus getting a new sound card.

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:51 AM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Shadow the Past said:
I can record voice no problem. My sound card lacks a stereo mix option for recording (stereo mix is what you hear) so I can't record in-game sound. I've tried for ways to get it but none exist minus getting a new sound card.

I'd say, "oh hurr, then just get a new soundcard durr" but that would be unnecessarily inconsiderate. Maybe you can't afford one, I wouldn't know.
Get Audacity, it's free and can record stereo mix, although changing it from its default setting, Microphone, is pretty non-intuitive.

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:20 AM
sixtyseconds said:
I'd say, "oh hurr, then just get a new soundcard durr" but that would be unnecessarily inconsiderate. Maybe you can't afford one, I wouldn't know.
Get Audacity, it's free and can record stereo mix, although changing it from its default setting, Microphone, is pretty non-intuitive.

I'm loaded, I'm just a tightwad. (This computer is from 2003.)

Audacity doesn't work, already tried it. I'm saying I have absolutely no stereo mix option, meaning no recording device on the planet can record my audio because the option to record audio isn't there.

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:26 AM
inactive user
Shadow the Past said:
I'm loaded, I'm just a tightwad. (This computer is from 2003.)

Audacity doesn't work, already tried it. I'm saying I have absolutely no stereo mix option, meaning no recording device on the planet can record my audio because the option to record audio isn't there.

Ah. Fuck.

But you don't HAVE to do it. Someone else could, or you both could.

Or you could buy a new soundcard :D

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:09 AM
sixtyseconds said:
Ah. Fuck.

But you don't HAVE to do it. Someone else could, or you both could.

Or you could buy a new soundcard :D

Or I could just edit in the music later. Or make my own sound effects through the microphone. xD

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:33 AM
inactive user
Shadow the Past said:
Or I could just edit in the music later. Or make my own sound effects through the microphone. xD
I don't care about the game sounds as much. They aren't as important.

If it's impossible to do it with them, do it w/o them.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:09 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
GRRR, Hard game is Hard...

Good Game! I don't mind seeing it from the Badies point of viewfor once! :D

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:14 AM
inactive user
joshworx said:
GRRR, Hard game is Hard...

Good Game! I don't mind seeing it from the Badies point of viewfor once! :D

I'm assuming you mean "baddy's"

Clarification (SPOILER ALERT)

Abert's not a bad guy, he's just misled. Not as totally brainwashed as the other mimigas, but... The Doctor's gotten to him a little. His instincts to do the right thing clash with his perception of what the right thing is, and the Doctor's talent for convincing others to act on his whims isn't helping any. Given different circumstances, he might have been the next Arthur.

Sep 4, 2010 at 6:31 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
sixtyseconds said:
I'm assuming you mean "baddy's"

Clarification (SPOILER ALERT)

Abert's not a bad guy, he's just misled. Not as totally brainwashed as the other mimigas, but... The Doctor's gotten to him a little. His instincts to do the right thing clash with his perception of what the right thing is, and the Doctor's talent for convincing others to act on his whims isn't helping any. Given different circumstances, he might have been the next Arthur.

O.o ........
Good game though! :eek:

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Quite loved the original Cave Story. I'm liking quite a few of the mods/hacks that are being made as well. This one was one of them.

I like the idea of running things through what Might have been if Quote left early, though it probably could have been more fleshed out. For a Retro game though, its good.

As mentioned by some of the others, this was a jumping nightmare. If your no good at the back and forward jump, this game would be quite frustrating, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty good. I didnt really have much of a issue with Save Points. Infact, I really liked the fact that you had plenty of them in the Collapsed area right after the Power House *Ahem...Im not exactly a expert at jumping myself. Reset several times*

I think one of my only true gripes here was the boss battle. The original Doctor was alright, but then you had the Golems which where just reskinned versions of Ballos, and his other forms. At first I was like "Meh, alright. Its easier to use pre-existing attack and movement patterns then coding in your own" but then I came across the other 2. So many repititions of the same kind of battle was more annoying then thrilling. Perhaps, a alteration of the second and third golems Altered Forms would have been better. Either way, it turned into a finger cramp-slowdown button mash by the final golems final form.

But enough of the gripe. As mentioned before, overall I think its a good game with a interesting idea.

Possible ideas though: In the begining, the Hero Mimiga *Forgot his name already >.<* could have had a platoon of the other Mimiga's even transformed, fightinng against the Killer Robots that the humans where preparing to send once more, but after the battle is over, the Mimiga run wild, and the hero's own person best friend attacks him. Just...Idea for any future reiterations of the game. That is, if your accepting ideas, and if there are going to be any future reiterations.

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:29 AM
inactive user
Ganseki said:
Quite loved the original Cave Story. I'm liking quite a few of the mods/hacks that are being made as well. This one was one of them.

I like the idea of running things through what Might have been if Quote left early, though it probably could have been more fleshed out. For a Retro game though, its good.

As mentioned by some of the others, this was a jumping nightmare. If your no good at the back and forward jump, this game would be quite frustrating, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty good. I didnt really have much of a issue with Save Points. Infact, I really liked the fact that you had plenty of them in the Collapsed area right after the Power House *Ahem...Im not exactly a expert at jumping myself. Reset several times*

I think one of my only true gripes here was the boss battle. The original Doctor was alright, but then you had the Golems which where just reskinned versions of Ballos, and his other forms. At first I was like "Meh, alright. Its easier to use pre-existing attack and movement patterns then coding in your own" but then I came across the other 2. So many repititions of the same kind of battle was more annoying then thrilling. Perhaps, a alteration of the second and third golems Altered Forms would have been better. Either way, it turned into a finger cramp-slowdown button mash by the final golems final form.

But enough of the gripe. As mentioned before, overall I think its a good game with a interesting idea.

Possible ideas though: In the begining, the Hero Mimiga *Forgot his name already >.<* could have had a platoon of the other Mimiga's even transformed, fightinng against the Killer Robots that the humans where preparing to send once more, but after the battle is over, the Mimiga run wild, and the hero's own person best friend attacks him. Just...Idea for any future reiterations of the game. That is, if your accepting ideas, and if there are going to be any future reiterations.
And now, in no particular order:
  • I can't ASM hack (so no new bosses other than reskins)
  • Yes the jumping is a bitch
  • His name's Abert
  • Try to use spoiler tags next time
  • If there is a future iteration, it will be a Hard Mode
  • Yes the story is shit, I'm not the greatest writer or programmer; try Noxid or GirakaCheezer.

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry. Went back and edited, and put in the spoiler tags. Not used to using them.

But I would have to disagree with you a little. The Story is alright. Its not Game of the Year quality, but effort was put into it, and its obvious that you didn't just coast something along as a after-thought once done with the creation process.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:34 PM
inactive user
Ganseki said:
Sorry. Went back and edited, and put in the spoiler tags. Not used to using them.

But I would have to disagree with you a little. The Story is alright. Its not Game of the Year quality, but effort was put into it, and its obvious that you didn't just coast something along as a after-thought once done with the creation process.

sorry taking so long to get back to you

I kinda dropped the story after the Mine and left the rest up to the player's imagination. Oh who am I kdding. I wanted to focus on making the game play better becaues I was getting mixed reviews on the gameplay so far. I may see if I can get someone who's fluent in TSC to fix the story, maybe add some cutscenes, because basically all I can do is dialogue (I never bothered to learn much TSC. <FON is basically the most advanced command I know).

EVEN IN YOUR TSC! <F! O! M! Wait...

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
wow, very good mode. I like it. Im....I(was -format LOL-) in the clock stage, really hard lol.
Im downloading it again but i've a question

you "fight"(just for the dialogues cuz, im only in the clock stage idk how will be later) with the c/ca but your helm, and your guns have red stars (com. symbol lol). It is at propouse or only strange ironi? :)

PD: im terrible at english xD

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:38 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
It's great but there is one flaw. In maps that use horizabtal triggers instead of doors to take you to other maps, if you walk to the right after you've entered the map, you fall off the map.

Dec 11, 2010 at 4:22 PM
inactive user
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
It's great but there is one flaw. In maps that use horizabtal triggers instead of doors to take you to other maps, if you walk to the right after you've entered the map, you fall off the map.

this is a known glitch

BEFORE the fade finishes the player ignores entities such as h/v triggers.

don't turn around immediately after enteriing aroom and leave, or it will screw up.

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You shouldn't be so lazy when making a hack. Try putting <KEY or <PRI before your fade in commands. This way it waits for the level to show up. You can't keep making side notes for the player every time there's a glitch.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It sounds like a pretty epic mod. Based off the screenshots and what not.

I'd download it, but my computer is shit. :(

May 18, 2011 at 9:42 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Great job with this sixty seconds!

May 22, 2011 at 10:00 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
In the Mine it seems impossible to jump from those high ledges and stuff.