The Island

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Banned
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
sixtyseconds said:
And my mod

Actually Kings Story and WTF Story (Mostly Kings Story) were what he hated most. He only hated you and your mod because he truly didn't like the actual mod. He hates KS and WTF Story because he hates Noxid and GIR.

A lot of people didn't like your mod. So that wasn't the reason at all, your mod didn't overshadow his.

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sixtyseconds said:
If he actually released his mod, people might like it (it was looking really cool), but instead he disguised himself as Sonichu and flamed us. Dumbass.

He did release his mod (2 actually, but the threads were deleted because he raegquitted), it was really cool and people liked him for it. But then he became too competitive about the whole modding thing, mostly whenever I (or noxid nowadays) posted about some new developement, he would get upset. I have some really interesting chatlogs thanks to him.

It's funny, because he really (from what he told me at first) liked my mod before he got all butthurt about not being as popular. But really, if you're modding for the fame, well, you really need to pick something else since no one's going to really remember a cave story mod. You mod for the fun, not for the (nonexistent) fortune.

[Edit]:
UltimaLink said:
He hates KS and WTF Story because he hates Noxid and GIR.

I think it's actually the other way around, from what I saw.

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Banned
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I think it's actually the other way around, from what I saw.

Wait, you mean you and Noxid hated him?

Or do you mean he didn't hate you two?

Because he did, he told me himself over skype.

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
UltimaLink said:
Wait, you mean you and Noxid hated him?

Or do you mean he didn't hate you two?

Because he did, he told me himself over skype.
I think it's that his hate for us developed over the whole issues of the mods themselves. How I remember it is that one day we were friends and shit, but the next he was all "I hate you" and I was like "lolwut?".

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:36 PM
Banned
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I think it's that his hate for us developed over the whole issues of the mods themselves. How I remember it is that one day we were friends and shit, but the next he was all "I hate you" and I was like "lolwut?".

Ah. I know the problem with Kings Story stemmed from Noxid. But I guess the problem with you and him started with the mod.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:22 PM
[/Ralren Discussion]

Almost done with V0.0.0.2, just have to make a "To be continued" room and finish this life capsule.

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:20 PM
V0.0.0.2 Done.

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:46 AM
Banned
I'd recommend adding two areas each demo instead of releasing a new demo each week or something like that. Adding one map and releasing it as a demo is kinda dumb. No offense.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:42 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, people will probably stay much more interested in the progress of your mod if you release it in a few large chunks instead of a kajillion tiny ones. That way, every release is something new and exciting. If you have a small release every week or so, it just gets boring after a while.

I like the new Life Capsule graphic (you called it something different, I can't remember what), but wouldn't it make more sense if you also changed the main graphic and not just the <GIT graphic?

The new map could use some sprucing up. It's definitely a good start, but it's generally not a good idea to have that much "dead space" in your mod. You should have something there to make it interesting; gameplay action, free exploration, or artistic map design for a few examples. Judging by your choice of music, it seems like the map is leading to a map with more hazards/action. The level design and graphics should also reflect that somehow; right now they don't really.

You seem to have the technical side of modding down pretty well, but you're currently a bit lacking in the artistic side. Don't worry though, that'll come with practice :).

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:07 AM
UltimaLink said:
I'd recommend adding two areas each demo instead of releasing a new demo each week or something like that. Adding one map and releasing it as a demo is kinda dumb. No offense.

Wedge of Cheese said:
Yeah, people will probably stay much more interested in the progress of your mod if you release it in a few large chunks instead of a kajillion tiny ones. That way, every release is something new and exciting. If you have a small release every week or so, it just gets boring after a while.

I like the new Life Capsule graphic (you called it something different, I can't remember what), but wouldn't it make more sense if you also changed the main graphic and not just the <GIT graphic?

The new map could use some sprucing up. It's definitely a good start, but it's generally not a good idea to have that much "dead space" in your mod. You should have something there to make it interesting; gameplay action, free exploration, or artistic map design for a few examples. Judging by your choice of music, it seems like the map is leading to a map with more hazards/action. The level design and graphics should also reflect that somehow; right now they don't really.

You seem to have the technical side of modding down pretty well, but you're currently a bit lacking in the artistic side. Don't worry though, that'll come with practice :).

I only released it to add that event, so people won't think that I can't mod.

It was =Shield Boost=, and I just havn't gotten around to editing that yet.

I'll change the music, and add some Gaudi to the map. I actually intend to have that island thing drop from another explosion, and have you drop down to the room below. I DO intend to add free exploration, with a booster needed for certain areas.

Map (So far):
----------------|--------------|--------------|Upper Central Column
----------------|--------------|--------------|Upper Central Column
Weapon Storage|Unit Q Storage|Access Tunnel|Middle Central Column
----------------|--------------|--------------|Middle Central Column
----------------|--------------|--------------|Lower Central Column
----------------|--------------|--------------|Lower Central Column

EDIT: Just throwing this out there, the way my mind works, I can expand upon this mod nearly indefinately.

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:57 AM
Well, I give up.

This was fun making, but since everybody on this forum hates me, I quit.

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:20 AM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
wut da fuck.
I don't hate you :)

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:33 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Who hates you?

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:06 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Operation R.A.L.R.E.N

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM
I'm not a ralren. I don't hate anybody here, especially not the great modders like Xaser, GIR, and Noxid. I have no idea who merlinboy was\is, so I can't say I'm not him. I only put that in because most of the IRCers said that he is who they think I'm going to turn into.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't mean that I quit the forum, just that I wouldn't partake in anything significant, such as making a good-ish mod.

I also love that i'm posting this from my phone.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:50 AM
Jul 26, 2010 at 7:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Why am I reminded of Eternal Chaos?

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I don't hate you. And I'm not really sure what whether or not people hate you has to do with whether or not you continue this mod.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Aw. :C Why must ya stop this?

It's certainly not horrible, and I do like the little jump-puzzle you have at the beginning.

Kinda do wish I had something to kill, though. Kept on thinking I was going to be attacked at some point.

Oh, and if you have not really realized, IRC is not really the best place to be. Went there once, got bored and left. Not really missing much.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Meh. Might as well not quit, just have to ask: WHY THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE ACT LIKE TOTAL ASSWHORES ON lRC, BUT THEN TURN AROUND AND ACT NICE ON THE FORUMS.

I'm currently working on "Mimiga Town" and will release next when it and the first boss fight are done.