The IRC problem. Maybe an official channel will help.

What do you think?

• The multiple channels are fine, leave it how it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An official channel would be nice, so everyone would be in a single moderated channel.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I have an better idea... (Post it!)

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don't know/care.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 2 channels: An official channel and a less regulated channel.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Administration...

cultr1 said:
Look, I have no issue with you stepping down from administrator, but "even if it is needed?" What are you, a fucking five-year-old? Honestly, you are/were an admin show some maturity, man.

This unthankful and disrespectful attitude is exactly what I'm sick of.
Respect my decission, I won't do any administration anymore. I wonder who is the five-year-old here...

I AM NOT AN FUCKING ADMIN ANYMORE, even if I still have the rights. I will only use them to close some of my development threads here.

cultr1 said:
What I'm saying is, I know you don't like some thing about this forum (users or otherwise), but for the love of Christ just suck it up and grow up before you try to deal with it.

wtf is wrong with you man? I'm not going to administrate anything here anymore. (Except from personal business with two development threads.) That's your problem and you better try to deal with it before you go flaming me and posting bullshit.
It's not that I owe you guys this shit and this is what you have to accept.

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
The last part wasn't really directed at you, I know you're not going to administrate

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Hoxtilicious
cultr1 said:
The last part wasn't really directed at you, I know you're not going to administrate

Then why are you fucking complaining at me for not administrating?
What the fuck?

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Cultr1" said:
I have no issue with you stepping down from administrator
Uh, I'm not.
That was the first thing I said to you.

I'm complaining about that manner in which you are going about giving it up.

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Hoxtilicious
I'm sorry that I don't do work for people who are unthankful, disrespectful and arrogant. -_-

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Been here way too long...
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I'm sorry that I don't do work for people who are unthankful, disrespectful and arrogant. -_-
Welcome to politics, mother fucker.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

cultr1 said:
DT said:
Get the fuck out
first of all, I really don't give a shit if you're an admin or not, that's just not polite no matter how you look at it.
Granted, Malpercio wanted Fire back because he liked watching trolls, but this just seems backwards to me.
Even if you said it kin of as a joke, you and SP would be all over Fire if he posted something like this (which he has, and you did).
I know it's easy to raeg, but you're an admin bro, try to keep a level-ish head, that's an admins job.
I absolutely agree. That was pretty hypocritical of you, DT. If you meant it as a joke, you should at least put some clear indicator that you did (like a :( or something). As a moderator, people are going to take what you say more seriously than if you weren't a moderator, so you need to be careful how you communicate. If you didn't mean it as a joke, you should have AT LEAST added some explanation/argument about WHY Malpercio should gtfo.

Look, I have no issue with you stepping down from administrator, but "even if it is needed?" What are you, a fucking five-year-old? Honestly, you are/were an admin show some maturity, man.
I'm not even sure at this point if you're stepping down because you're sick of it, or you want to prove a point like some jealous middle-school girl.
Depends how you define "administrating being needed". I'm going to give SP the benefit of the doubt and assume that if something extreme happened (like a massive spambot invasion while SP is the only mod/admin online) then SP would still take care of it, as that would be a very extreme case of administrating being needed.

Sep 3, 2010 at 2:56 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

cultr1 said:
Even if you said it kin of as a joke, you and SP would be all over Fire if he posted something like this (which he has, and you did).
Wedge of Cheese said:
If you meant it as a joke, you should at least put some clear indicator that you did (like a :) or something).
a) It was a joke, and I am damn near insulted that you can't recognise that level of sarcasm when you see it, and
b) Fire made it very clear that he was super-duper srs every time he said something like that.

And you people seriously wonder why SP feels like he's being antagonised :/ If you can't take a joke, don't expect me to do so either. I don't just arbitrarily attack people for no good reason, that's why I got to be a moderator in the first place. I have enough difficulty taking people seriously without having to see things like this.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:29 AM
graters gonna grate

DoubleThink said:
a) It was a joke, and I am damn near insulted that you can't recognise that level of sarcasm when you see it

Well normally it would have been clear, but since the topic of this thread is quite serious, and since we knew you were kinda pissed, it wasn't quite so much in context.

Also this:
Wedge of Cheese said:
As a moderator, people are going to take what you say more seriously than if you weren't a moderator, so you need to be careful how you communicate.

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:56 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

DoubleThink said:
Get the fuck out.
yeah, umm... i raged for about a split second then i realized who said it and moved on.

also, Captain Fab gets a +1, as does cultr1 because imho SPG is overreacting a bit.

Sep 4, 2010 at 3:59 PM
graters gonna grate
Ohai Meta is unb& :(

Sep 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM
Pirate Member
Sep 4, 2010 at 11:47 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I do believe you mean smile.gif

/contributingpost

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
rollingeyes.gif

</uncontributingpost>

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
Eh.. I've given up on the IRC channels.

Basically, some people are dicks, and pretty much everyone else there is annoying as hell, continuing on with the dumbest things, half of the posts not making sense or contributing anything to what is almost never an interesting conversation.

And serious conversations are never had.
Never.

I could have a more enjoyable time with a room full of furries.

DoubleThink and Malpercio are the only two people there I really have any respect left for.
and DragonBoots, he was ok.

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:20 AM
/end
DoubleThink said:
Yes, yes and yes.

Yeeeeah, no. And even if I did do it it wouldn't even be close to the level that you've done it to me. Like an entire thread decatied to my badness, and then when it turns out it wasn't even me you just sweep it under a rug without so much as a sorry or I was wrong. At least when I do something unfair such as that I am man enough to admit it and say sorry.

But, whatever. Because, you know, that's just, like, totally your opinion, man. Opinions are a funny thing and I don't feel like changing them.

Wedge of Cheese said:
Ohai Meta is unb& :D

Can I ask why in the world you thought the unbanning of my main account was important enough for a post in this thread?

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:26 AM
"Huzzah!"
MetaSeraphim said:
Can I ask why in the world you thought the unbanning of my main account was important enough for a post in this thread?

I do believe he intended it as a greeting, and a positive welcome back.

Give him some credit =/ Although he is a bit off topic, I have seen worse pass without some much as a blink of an eye.

Anyways, welcome back, MetaSeraphim =)

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:22 AM
Been here way too long...
IAmSerge said:
DoubleThink and Malpercio are the only two people there I really have any respect left for.
and DragonBoots, he was ok.
You forgot whyme and your utmost respect for her gaping cybergina.
But yeah, I see where you're coming from. IRC should be a place for serious discussions, not just OH WAIT THAT'S WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR.
Also, your whining about whyme's vagina or your REAL SERIOUS EMOTIONS is annoying, dumb, uninteresting and usually nonsensical. So thank you for finding a different channel to annoy.
Also WB MS.

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:55 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
Yeeeeah, no. And even if I did do it it wouldn't even be close to the level that you've done it to me. Like an entire thread decatied to my badness, and then when it turns out it wasn't even me you just sweep it under a rug without so much as a sorry or I was wrong.
I honestly don't even know what you're talking about now. I have never made a thread attacking anyone.

MetaSeraphim said:
At least when I do something unfair such as that I am man enough to admit it and say sorry.
No, you don't.

You know what? Keep digging your own grave. If you seriously expect somebody bitching about how unfair I am to phase me anymore then your judgment is even worse than you're making it come off as.

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:56 AM
"Huzzah!"
Captain Fabulous said:
You forgot whyme and your utmost respect for her gaping cybergina.
But yeah, I see where you're coming from. IRC should be a place for serious discussions, not just OH WAIT THAT'S WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR.
Also, your whining about whyme's vagina or your REAL SERIOUS EMOTIONS is annoying, dumb, uninteresting and usually nonsensical. So thank you for finding a different channel to annoy.

Now, why are you so upset? I left.

You suggest I act below my age. But while I use logic, reason, and emotion, your greatest skill involves acting like an idiot. Your teenage mind apparently can't handle being mature, which interestingly applies to most all of you, and thusly, I left.

Keep talking if you wish, I might come back just to bother you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.