The Dark Platform - After The Fact (Mod)

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:00 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Not much new; maybe half of a large room, and a cryptic cutscene. The new items are added, but the only way they differ from the originals is in appearance. I wonder if maybe you're not spacing your updates out enough. Chainlaser is a bit of a disappointment given the name (though it wouldn't be if you hadn't already told me there'd be something called a chainlaser in this mod), but there's nothing wrong with the machinegun; I wonder, though, if it might be cooler if you somehow halved the range and slightly increased the damage (though that'd take a bit of code diving), or at the least altered the bullet graphics to all look like lasers of some sort rather than just the level two version. That's what the name makes it sound like it's supposed to be, anyways. There's no use for the airtank so far. As a side note, is there supposed to be a different area depending on which one you get? The "that's all" thing implied there should be, but there's not.

As for the trap room, it was nothing special. Just a matter of which shootable-blocks you shoot. Are you aware that none of the walls move until you touch them, including the top one? It'd be much nastier and more interesting if they did, though it works like that in all mods that use those blocks for some reason. The elevator ride was kinda cool in its own way though.

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:33 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'm not really a graphics guy on this one. 99% of the credit for graphic changes is shared between Lace and Lyger, with the 1% I've done on the tiles. So the reason for the lack of new Gfx is the lack of stable internet so I can communicate. And as for the spacing out of releases, I'm only putting them out there as "working backups". I figure why keep them locked up when only a handful actually try them out; asides, I like to have bugs found before I move on to the next area. So for those who like spoilers, they can try it out (and get thier shot at finding a bug), I put it out there. But not today.

Goals: (* = Maybe, ** = Definately)
* Re-vamp the Main tileset (basically, make it all O/C) and start the second tileset. (Lyger, I may need your help.)
**FIX the D/G in the CurlyAI fight.
*FIX the sliding blocks to make it harder.
**FIX the Part so it doesn't change to "Boost Matrix".
**Fling a monkey.
*Finalize the weapon haxxorz with Lace - don't expect anything until ABSOLUTE FINAL RELEASE.

Thanks for the feedback, Brick.

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:41 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Pretty neat.

1. Throws you right into the action (in medias res)
2. It's in SPACE
3. Your dedication!

Dislikes:
1. Boss fight is messed up. I don't know if people have already said this, but when totally-not-Curly shoots at me the first time, it hurts; every time after that has no effect. I recently beat her literally without even activating the Defense Matrix; just took one hit from her gun, then turned from left to right shooting her with my Basic Matrix.
2. Items that do nothing yet
3. Long pauses in cutscenes. Yes, I know the conversation with The Mysterious Gunman is supposed to have a dramatic pause, but it's at least twice as long as it should be. Maybe you could have a "*tribbles chirping*" message or something as well. Smooth that part out if you can. Also, if you added some light inner musings as the main character is pushed out into the last airlock, that would be neat.

It's a pretty nice Mod so far, and I'm enjoying it. But I really hope you can work out these bugs, in addition to adding new content.

EDIT: ...seems you realize all of these already. Carry on then.

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:34 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I liked it, would like to see more. It's interesting, but there's too many vague unanswered questions for my liking. I anticipate the next update.

The name for the station should be... the Strayfar. -came up with it after a few seconds of thought- XD It sounds like a fair name for a space station.

And for the final answer, yes. I would, should the occasion arise in which I would have to.

Overall, nice. The defense grid is fun, and so far, straight forward. I liked the little computer malfunction screen. What you should do is make it that screen eerie blue from the windows 95 errors.

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:54 PM
Ooh. Me likey the name, Jonathan. xD
Anyways, I'm still working on these bugs...
Especially the Curly boss you-don't-take-damage glitch from hell.
I may end up just using Presses or something.
You know, the kind from the Plantation.
Anyways, as far as I can tell the entire glitch is cause either by:

a.) The way the game runs scripts (ie. pauses all interactions etc.)
b.) The script itself. I hope it's b, cause I can change that.

Anyways, thx for da feedback.

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Well, once more DragonBoots is going torpid.
But I'll be back.
Just later, and with a half-finished mod.
Days until torpis begins:

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Somebody motivate me!!!!

New forum software stinks...

AND I AM GOING INSANE!!!!
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soz about the color, it just wasn't orange enough. >_>

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:04 AM
Lace said:
Somebody motivate me!!!!

New forum software stinks...

AND I AM GOING INSANE!!!!
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soz about the color, it just wasn't orange enough. >_>
Calm down Afreet.
=.=
Last time I suggest caffieine to a manic depressive -Ohay, who are you?

Anyways, :D
I gots good news!
I *might* not be going to sleep.
It all depends on a flimsy arrangement with a passive-agressive psychopath.

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:50 PM
And who may that be?
Kage?

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Less stable than Kage.

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Gads! Who, me?
:p

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Lace said:
Gads! Who, me?
:p
Sure, why not.
Anyways, on the downtime on the mod I've taken to writing a bit of a back story.
Linky
Please don't yell at me for killing her off too soon.

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:48 AM
Last Post For A LOOOOONG Time

So, it's happened again.
My laptop is toasty.
@_@
HOWEVER!
Not much was lost, thankfully, as my lazyness conspired with my paranoia to lead to the most recent update copy being the most recent copy period, so the downloadable version will be my starting point in a few days/weeks/months/year/decades(/centuries/millenia).
However, what was lost is my website maincopy, so the webby won't see too much update. (Another casualty was the 2nd and 3rd chapters of the prologue. T_T)

Additional non-TDP, non-CS losses include 17 Gb of music, several programs I lost the CD's for (namely Macromedia Suite and War/Starcraft), as well as my super secret ultra-tech "Modders Nightmare Mod-Starters Mod" (little side project to make starting a mod from scratch streamlined and easy. Basically just a couple maps with demo bosses and an overhaul of Head.tsc to provide easy reference for common tasks (map loads, events etc.) that I started a while ago).

So, for a little while at least, I'm screwed in the ass for internet, music, gaming, Cave Story stuff and nr0p. ;P

I can still be reached on MSN at dragonboots2030@hotmail.com or email at the same.

I'm going to miss this place very much.

- Peace, love, and hardware blessings, DragonBoots.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM
too. much. drama.

Gah! Here I am, thinking you are alive, and then you say your dead. hooshawhoosh.
And I almost got motivated enough to be unlazy and finish your christmas present. Oh, sad, sad, sad.

One free tea.

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:55 PM
I'm alive enough to know that I'm not dead. @_@
However, these pills I'm on are making me see things.

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:12 PM
>_>
hardware blessings....
my processor just crashed my computer cause it was overheating, and then I had to scrape the dust out of the heatsink until it would run again. Still no haxxing, but, yeh.

let the necromod live on!

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Necromod LIVES! But it needs additional Vespene Gas and graphics...

I'm able to do a *little* work here and there, I've got Sue's and a copy of teh mod on flashdrive, it's just a question of finding a suitable comp.

My throat has healed, by-the-by, along with my teeth-holes.
But my laptop is still down, despite the many techno-necromancy attempts.
>_>;

Kinda sucks, cause I had the storyboard on there too, and I've half-forgotten two-thirds of the story. Ah well, it'll work out. I know how it's going to end, and I know where you land, so... It's A to B via P,Q,Y, X or F, J, K, Q again, F again, Q again, X, X2, X3, X4, Z, Z2 (but only if you get the A***t***r), then finally F2 and F3**.

Oh, as well, I can now be found on Yahoo aswell as MSN.
dragonboots_redux@yahoo.com
dragonboots2030@hotmail.com

I think the biggest loss was my ability to edit graphics myself, as there are no computers I can use with a hex editor program. Speaking of which, I could use a few new backgrounds. I've got the starfield (thanks Lyger), but I still could use a mountain-y sunset/rise and a technical underground complex (something Andromeda hallway-esque), as well as an organuc-technical looking one. If ya can, love ya for it, love ya anyways. :3

Long live necromod! (Oxymoron, no?)
FOR THE SWARM! (of Critters~)

** Do not take this seriously. Actual story subject to accomadations for technical limits. Void in Quebec and Rhode Island, and where prohibited by law. Odds of winning mathematically insignifigant. Cash value less than 1/9001th of a cent. Not redeemable for prizes, cash, or lives. No purchase necessary. See website for details.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM
And it ends, for now.

Well, the situation is now nearly hopless. I've graduated high school, and as such will need to focus much of my energies on finding work. As a consiquence, all work on the mod will cease now. But, my fans, friends, critics and kitty, it will live on. No amount of death and decay will stop the progress. It can only be delayed. In the words of my mother, "Death is no excuse to stop working." As such, I WILL FINISH THIS MOD. It will just be postponed indefinately. Long live the Imperial Sect! Long reign The Counsel of Seven!

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM
grr....
I wil;l eventually do what I said, I'm just lazy. In fact, I am working on it, but very slooowly.
wait, I thought you were graduating this year... ?

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:40 PM
1000th post happydance! Wewt! kekeke ^_^

Alright, good news, good news, bad news time.
Good news 1: FUCK YEAH! 1K POSTS! Whoooooooooooo! About smeggin' time.

Good news 2: I am returning to work on this, as I have graduated.

Bad news: As I have graduated, I'm getting kicked out about a month before my birthday, and as such will probably not have internet on a useful, private basis for many weeks/months. As such, there will be no releases for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, and probably no graphic changed (save if Lyger rises from the dead).