The Cave Story Forums and Tribute Site Are Moving

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to officially announce that the Cave Story Tribute Site and the Cave Story portion of the forums are now under new ownership and will be moving away from MG.Net.

The new owner, administrator and webmaster is Andwhyisit, who has purchased his own server space and vBulletin forum.

Very soon, he and I will be closing the forum down in order to rebuild it over at the new site. When that is done and everything has been verified to be working correctly at the new site, Miraigamer forums will reopen with the Cave Story Tribute Site content removed.

This is a very good thing to happen for this community as I have nothing but respect for Andwhyisit's work here, (as well as S.P. Gardebiter's administration) and on the website and I feel that he will surely continue to make the Cave Story Tribute Site that much better going forward. I've moved on in my life and I do not have any additional time that I can utilize here regarding something as large to follow as the Cave Story community. I'm glad to have started this place, but to be truthful, I'm equally glad to see this community move on to greener pastures as I simply do not have time to manage or upkeep it going forward.

Please keep in mind that we will be closing the forums to the public for an indefinite amount of time until we are completely ready to reopen. So please use this time to backup what you may need before the forum is closed and reopened.

My apologies for any inconveniences in downtime that this may cause some of our other guests who also share the forum, namey, the Zelda3C project and Darkside translations. Please be assured that while the Cave Story content is moving, you all are more than welcome to continue using MG.net as a home for your gaming projects.

Sincerely,

-Thomas
(SkyeWelse)

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Our accounts will be moved over as well, I assume?

Hopefully this goes well.

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:04 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Won't we still be able to discuss Cave Story on the "new" Mirai Gamer despite the main forum being discarded?

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:11 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Will posts/threads from the current CS forums be transferred to the new ones?

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Wedge of Cheese said:
Will posts/threads from the current CS forums be transferred to the new ones?

I WANT TO KNOW THIS.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The new cave story forums will be a 1-on-1 copy of the miraigamer forums minus non-cs stuff with the exception of the Satellite Lounge, Gamer's Lounge, Forum Announcements and Rules, and Forum Suggestions. So yes, all posts and threads will be present.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:39 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I would also like to know if our accounts would be carried over. I don't want Noxid or someone else having to race to get their old account names.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:52 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
yeah, a bit more details about this would be pretty cool, like where exactly it's being moved to etc.

I'm pretty excited about this, to be honest. It's sort of fitting, due to the fact that the CS community is pretty much what keeps this place alive, and the new forums will be sort of like breathing new life into it or something.

Anyway, I'd like to give a tearful goodbye to anyone who isn't gonna make the move, and you will be missed.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:30 AM
Been here way too long...
Guys, you're overreacting. A lot. All the data relevant to the Cave Story and general forums is going to be moved somewhere (I'm assuming we'll get a URL eventually). That means your entire account and everything connected with it, except posts on other forums, will be moved. You'll hardly notice the change, unless you're a fan of Zelda 3C or the Darkside translation project.
Anyway, I thought I'd point this out to SkyeWelse, even though he won't read it: S. P. Gardebiter's administration had mixed reviews from MG members.
Had.
Also, explosive, I don't know what you mean about new life and not making the move. Unless andwhyisit has a super popular website, the only visible change will be the address.
At least, that is how I understand it. I know as much as you guys do.
Andwhyisit, thank you very much for taking this community into your hands, and Skye... thanks for posting something.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM
/end
Captain Fabulous said:
the only visible change will be the address.

Due to the fact that he is the new owner it also means he owns this web address. So I doubt the address will change.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
bobbyis said:
I would also like to know if our accounts would be carried over. I don't want Noxid or someone else having to race to get their old account names.
All accounts will be carried over, even accounts that are not associated with the cave story forums. It will be the exact same threads, posts and user accounts. Hell, even the exact save version of vB. Short of some minor restructuring and the removal of XYZ, Zelda 3C and Darkside content you will barely notice that anything has changed.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:06 AM
/end
andwhyisit said:

Aren't the Zelda 3C guys still sort of active? Isn't it a little unfair to boot them off?

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:09 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
Aren't the Zelda 3C guys still sort of active? Isn't it a little unfair to boot them off?

They're staying at mirai gamer. The Forums are moving to a different server, and to a different address I'm guessing too.

What's the new url going to be andwhy?

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:12 AM
/end
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
They're staying at mirai gamer. The Forums are moving to a different server, and to a different address I'm guessing too

Umm. . .

andwhyisit said:
the removal of XYZ, Zelda 3C and Darkside content

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
Removal only from the cave story forums after the move. They will stay on the miraigamer forums.

Miraigamer forums:
XyZ Tribute Site Forums
Zelda 3C - Quest for Calatia Project Forum
Darkside Translations Forum
GameFlaws Forums
Game / Mod Development Project Forums
Gamer's Lounge
Satellite Lounge
Forum Announcements and Rules
Forum Suggestions

Cave Story forums:
Doukutsu Monogatari/Cave Story Forums
Gamer's Lounge
Satellite Lounge
Forum Announcements and Rules
Forum Suggestions

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:22 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:

I'm pretty sure he's refering to that it won't be on the NEW site.

First sentence of Skye's post:

SkyeWelse said:
I wanted to officially announce that the Cave Story Tribute Site and the Cave Story portion of the forums are now under new ownership and will be moving away from MG.Net.

Also

SkyeWelse said:
My apologies for any inconveniences in downtime that this may cause some of our other guests who also share the forum, namey, the Zelda3C project and Darkside translations. Please be assured that while the Cave Story content is moving, you all are more than welcome to continue using MG.net as a home for your gaming projects.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:27 AM
/end
Riiiiiiiiiight. I was confused, I thought the Cave Story Forums was moving off somewhere else and Anywhy was taking over Mirai Gamer and moving it to his own forum.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:30 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
They're staying at mirai gamer. The Forums are moving to a different server, and to a different address I'm guessing too.

Yes, do you have any idea what the URL will be anywhy?
Much appreciated. :D

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:31 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
He's just gonna stick with cavestory.org.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:58 AM
Been here way too long...
Great, now I gotta change the homepage on my two desktops, my Mac, my laptop and my DS, and it will be a while before I stop typing miraigamer.net/forums impulsively. You've ruined me, Andy!