The Carnage Clash

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:40 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
This mod is canceled for the foreseeable future. You can find an old buggy version if you dig around the archive folder in any of the links in my signature.

I was supposed to release this 2 years ago...
...but instead worked on it more and talked about it less...
...and then I abandoned it, only to pick it up over a year later.
It is time to reveal myself, the Grand Master of TSCraft, the most pointless thing to possibly try to master.

Behold, in all its pretentious glory:

p195206-0-screenshot20150407at50927pm.png

What is "The Carnage Clash"?
1.) An arena brawler where you fight bosses: Round one could consist of two Balrogs, and round ten could consist of Ballos, Monster X, Curly, Toroko, a Colon, a Red Bat generator, and a Balrog. With 16 entities to choose from in spawning, the game uses Random Generation (Via 1000 or so TSC events (because I'm an idiot for thinking this was a good idea)) and stores this randomization as a seed (IN BINARY VIA FLAGS. CRY FOR MY PAIN), so upon each new game you can choose to change the layout or repeat the last game's settings.
2.) An economy simulator where you buy things: You have 5 shops that sell one item at a time, and you can purchase 3 upgrades before each fight. Weapons, Health, Ammo, Exp Capsules, Refill stations, Misc. Equip-Items, Secret things, it's a balancing act to counteract the increasing difficulty.
3.) An uncovering of ancient secrets, godly warriors, falsified mysteries, dark legends, completely random things I did for no reason whatsoever because this mod is so different that I had to add linear elements to it to make it interesting. There IS a final boss and *cough* you have to unlock and use the fourth terminal *cough*.
4.) Speaking of terminals, you can (via unlocking them by not dying) increase the difficulty, increase the length of the game, turn off randomization to a pattern I hand-crafted to be rather straight-forward, and *cough* fight the final boss. *cough*
Who is in "The Carnage Clash"?
One of the very first AFRICAN-AMERICAN stars of a CS MOD!
Why? Why Not? Why aren't you using the brown color? What's wrong with you?
Where is "The Carnage Clash" taken place?
In Space.
No, not "outer-space" above the atmosphere, in space, as in "Space and Time". It also takes place in Time too.
When is "The Carnage Clash" to be Released?
November 2016
It's actually a promise this time, unless I die due to the mod causing WWIII and time-travelers do a clean-up of the timeline.
At one point I dumped some files that contained a VERY buggy prototype, containing all of the problems found in the TO-DO LIST found below. If you REALLY want it you can send me a Personal Message for this buggy version, but believe me it's better to wait for a complete version that will probably not instantly kill you unless you want it too.
It was dumped back in 2015 and I haven't touched it since. Sorry.
Why is "The Carnage Clash" something I should care about?
p195206-1-screenshot20150407at50927pm.png

I MADE THAT AND I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ASSEMBLY.
TSC CAN DO STUFF TOO GUYS. I WANT TO BE SPECIAL.
How is "The Carnage Clash" currently?
p195206-2-screenshot20141126at60242pm.png

See? Just bug fixes! Most of this stuff takes one minute that I just threw to the side!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2015 at 2:56 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
TSC for the win, my friend. TSC for the win.
Anyways, I can't wait to see the mod. Hopefuly a video playthrough could be made, because my computer has escaped the confinement of my room.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:56 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bruh, This is gonna be a good mod. I am personally hyped for it. Because it seems like one of the endgame ctsf modding community mods.

Edit - If there is no 69 fps option I will not like the mod.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:02 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Good luck man. You've had it sitting around in your signature for a while, so I am personally excited to see all of the time and work that has been put into it. I might even make Polar stream it with me who knows

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:39 AM
Bionicobot said:
Hopefuly a video playthrough could be made, because my computer has escaped the confinement of my room.
A complete video playthrough wouldn't be the funnest thing to watch. I'd say 80% of the game takes place within the same 2 maps, since from the beginning it has been more of an arcade game than a story game. There are a plethora of additional special maps that are encountered here and there though (Intermissions, Going back the way you came, Accepting a certain offer, The final boss) which I may condense into a short commentary some time. Sorry to hear that your privileges have diminished.

QuoteHax said:
Edit - If there is no 69 fps option I will not like the mod.
I may as well just add a HardCore 666 fps option as well.
*Adds them both to the to-do list*

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So, no assembly hacking at all? Just clever manipulation of TSC? This will be interesting to see. I've been curious as to what this is all about for a while, so I'll definitely want to remember to try this out.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:42 PM
So, no assembly hacking at all? Just clever manipulation of TSC?

For the most part, yes. The only Assembly hacks currently in the game is BLink's <IBF (Infinite Booster Fuel) patch, Blink's <RNJ (Random Jump) patch, and a standard full screen title hack (making the "New/Load" menu a disclaimer prompt instead).

The customized Main Menu, the saving/loading of the generated seeds, and the glitched oasis special effects are all in TSC.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
sounds incredible.
How are you able to load multiple bosses at once?!
i wanna know how to do that...

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:07 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Have them all check if the other bosses died on death, and just make them animate at the same time. It's quite easy and hard at the same time, depending on if you want custom events to happen if you kill bosses in a certain order, or just having the script check if they all died and nothing else. It all is pretty much flags, flag jumps, and the check for entity commands. That is, if we're both doing it the same way...

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:16 PM
I'll probably have a handful of quick one-minute tutorials on various aspects.
If I had to guess you are asking how to load all of the sprite sheets to make the bosses all display correctly, in which I say I spent a couple of days compressing 'em all to the ones that are loaded in the whole time (outside the normal two Npc Sheets) and then editing NPC.tbl to direct them all.

In layman's terms: Put Ballos in the ItemImage.bmp and Balrog in Face.bmp and both the RedDemon and Ma Pignon in Loading.bmp and...

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:13 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ooooh, i see, that makes sense..

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
EnlightenedOne said:
In layman's terms: Put Ballos in the ItemImage.bmp and Balrog in Face.bmp and both the RedDemon and Ma Pignon in Loading.bmp and...

Wow! That's a lot of image swapping.

I can't wait to see this mod released, it looks like it's going to turn some heads! Plus the fact you managed to do all (or most) of this with just TSC is beyond impressive. This'll win MOTY or something akin to that I'm real sure!

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:52 AM
Small update:

1. While earlier I called "Enthology" a mini mod, it's more a collection of them, and so all together it is rather sizable and could play even longer than other small-medium mods. With this I've decided to make a separate thread for it when it releases, which should be in a week or two ( so it will be the first of the two to release ). I've felt this better than simply appending it as an addition to Carnage because... Frankly, I predict a few would consider it better and more fun... Heh.

2. I'm going to have weekly teasers on Friday, every Friday, not really to inform and hype you guys but more to motivate me because I swear I'm not sure this can be ever be worked on consistently. This will happen here for Carnage and temporarly on my profile for Enthology.

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Y'know, you could have used enemies and bullet entities (with the run script on death flag) for randomization.
EDIT: Oh, you're using <RNJ, never mind.
Didn't you say it would ALL be in TSC?
Whatever, it looks awesome, and I love that someone has realized just how much you can do without ASM hacking.

May 2, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Okay yeah I'm done lying to you guys and to myself.
I'm completely dissociated with modding, I'm just... not interested at all. It's like a long while ago I moved on from it without realizing. Even though I love my work (why I can write so much about it and make videos), I just have all the stuff going on and it isn't fun to work on these limited productions anymore. I'm split in half between my desire to present a finished golden product, and my desire to end it all now.

It's May 1st already... and I can't bring myself to delay it any longer. No use if I'm just not going to do it later just as well. Heck I'm instead composing music for a potential game, and back in the Cavern Tale days I HATED trying to work with music.

I don't know. It's like my heart says to finish it but everything else has already dropped, and I'm just ready to go into long-term aspirations.

My heart is shattered. I just don't know what to do. I just can't be motivated to spend any more time when it's the most precious resource I have.... I have one year left to set up my life... and this isn't helping.

.... ..... .. I'm so sorry. But both mod's won't be finished..... I tried to get back into it this past month, but then I realized it wasn't me playing games that was getting in the way, because I've stopped playing games all together this past month. I set my mind toward potentially making an album, I've set my mind toward potentially pitching a game idea for a year-long school project, I have not set my mind to spending even three hours to wrap-up Enthology, since that is all I would need honestly. I spent about 4 hours total this past month when at the start I spent 40 a month.... and I feel that's supposed to mean something.

I think I should stop typing and hitting the return key now. This hurts me way way more than all of you, but I just.... don't care about something so belittling.

Here is a Dropbox Download Link. Here is a MediaFire one. It includes both unfinished Carnage and Ethology, along with a Sanctuary mod that I'd like people to play who haven't, and one epic final boss modification I did for Blink's custom ASM-ed final boss in his DoR2 mod, along a text document of all the commands needed for the tricks I've done. I feel like punching myself for technically never making a completed product... but I'm too old for the aspirations I had when I started all this.

I'm not leaving the forums... at least I don't think so, but I am leaving all of my previous modding chains.

EDIT: My software update coincidently broke my ability to play Windows applications on my Mac, this is coincidental and just found out today when trying to make sure these actually work... so... yeah I can't even play them anymore... I guess that's a sign.

Last edited:
May 2, 2015 at 2:08 AM
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
EnlightenedOne said:
-I have one year left to set up my life.
Why? Do you have some sort of illness that means you're incabable of setting up your life a year from now?
imo That just seems unreasonable to set up arbitrary deadlines for when you can and can't set up your life.
(if it's not an arbitrary deadline please ignore this part...)

Other than that...

Sorry to hear your done modding, SUPER excited to play these though! :D
gl and hf with whatever you decide to move on to.

May 2, 2015 at 8:33 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Brayconn said:
Why? Do you have some sort of illness that means you're incabable of setting up your life a year from now?
imo That just seems unreasonable to set up arbitrary deadlines for when you can and can't set up your life.
(if it's not an arbitrary deadline please ignore this part...)

Other than that...

Sorry to hear your done modding, SUPER excited to play these though! :D
gl and hf with whatever you decide to move on to.
If he isn't lying about his age, he's probably thinking/deciding about what to do with college and stuff once he gets out of highschool, which is somewhat of an important time.

Enlightened, I wouldn't worry too much about "setting up your life", if you can. You're young enough that you can afford to make some mistakes.

May 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Two things. One: What the helll is happening here

p195224-0-628ulqt.gif

and two...this happened????

p195224-1-edy5b5s.png

p195224-2-v7bhtut.png

p195224-3-nz0ftbm.png

May 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
PolarStarGames said:
Two things. One: What the helll is happening here

p195224-0-628ulqt.gif
From what I can tell, that's supposed to be a fountain of sorts that refills your everything (which may be a bad thing for some, since it can and WILL randomly bring out your Nemesis and level it up to level 3).

Anywho, I'm liking The Carnage Clash so far. I haven't been able to try Enthology, though, due to an error that prevents the mod from getting past the 2nd "cutscene" of sorts (the one with the silhouettes).

Also somehow I was able to beat the Expert rank battle royale thing while in the previous one. I think my Whimsical Star hit the Muscle Doctor while he was in the floor after dying?