The Bubbler....LOL

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:28 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Beat Ballos?Without Missiles? BAAAAWWWW
Does not compute.
If you skip the missile launcher in the Egg Corridor, you can apparently get the Super Missiles in the Sacred Grounds... and they'll have 100 charges, too!

Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Yes, but what about if theres only one enemy?Like a Mesa? And for all the more damage it does, I'd use the Lvl. 3 Blade.
Then I'd use a different weapon. I prefer the Nemesis Lv1 for Mesas, personally.

Lyger said:
Exaggeration is bad. If rather than holding x, you just press it, the bubbler will fire a shot that reaches the enemy quite quickly. Plus even if you are holding x, you can let go at any time to fire all your shots.

You've also ignored post upon post expounding upon why ERRATIC FIRING IS NOT BAD, and yet you KEEP SAYING IT. It's NOT ALWAYS BAD.

I believe that what we actually have is a case of PEBCAK.
Exactly.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:32 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Lyger said:
Exaggeration is bad. If rather than holding x, you just press it, the bubbler will fire a shot that reaches the enemy quite quickly. Plus even if you are holding x, you can let go at any time to fire all your shots.

You've also ignored post upon post expounding upon why ERRATIC FIRING IS NOT BAD, and yet you KEEP SAYING IT. It's NOT ALWAYS BAD.

I believe that what we actually have is a case of PEBCAK.

Oh yes. I completely forgot about that. That was useful, but only in Lvl. 3. And then it can't defend you. But I do see your point, as well as(almost) everyone elses. Yes, I see why you guys think it's good, and some points I agree on, but there are also circumstances where it's bad, at least admit that.

Um....PEBCAK? What the hell is PEBCAK?

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:09 PM
This Troper
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Oh yes. I completely forgot about that. That was useful, but only in Lvl. 3. And then it can't defend you. But I do see your point, as well as(almost) everyone elses. Yes, I see why you guys think it's good, and some points I agree on, but there are also circumstances where it's bad, at least admit that.
For every weapon there are circumstances where they're bad. What's the difference for The Almighty Bubbler?

Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Um....PEBCAK? What the hell is PEBCAK?
Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard. Remember that, you'll hear it quite a lot.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
If you skip the missile launcher in the Egg Corridor, you can apparently get the Super Missiles in the Sacred Grounds... and they'll have 100 charges, too!
No, you get normal missiles with 100 charges. :>
Complete crap.
To get Super Missiles, you can't skip the Normal one.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:22 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Beat Ballos?Without Missiles? BAAAAWWWW
Does not compute.

Yes, but what about if theres only one enemy?Like a Mesa? And for all the more damage it does, I'd use the Lvl. 3 Blade.
Like Cold Mastery, CM said, you skip Missiles but Ballos still tastes that at his last seconds. Unless you take the word skipping seriously, but I guess an extra weapon for the last 5 minutes(for us noobs) doesn't kill much, since aaa sss -ing at a high rate is not doable by again, us noobs.(I'm talking about : x, a, x, s, x, aa, x, s, x in two or one seconds, we noobs use the letter not much used in daily life, except on few Quite freQuently used words, ironically)

And lvl 3 blade is best for swarms, eg Gaudis, butes, dragonflies(wazzthenameagain). Just because lvl 2 does better at big guts, especially those with HoZ gilded "shields", but most of the time for again and again, us noobs who can't understand the path of King in Lvl 3.(the attack won't finish if King sprite dun hit any "solid"? Roonil said so, afamfbcr)

Edit: Putting aside my pride of having a natural godly unforced talent in grammar, I forgot we were talking about teh damn Bubbler. Having protection, ability to do Sand Zone, swarms and Gaudi or like's missiles, can it actually do anything else? To be any worth of mentioning, it should be able to fare in PvB, but I guess no big guts can actually fall down quick to this thang, no? I mean, quick enough to pwn before getting pwned urselves mainly for god's sake again us noobs. Exception in 2nd doc, yet the Bubbles only help with the bats, and if you're quick enough you don't need to find the bats(now missiles come to mind) or if you don't depend on Spur or Snake, where you have bloody useless MG, you won't even bother!
And Cow-Miza's bats don't do ya harm even without Bubbler.

Now where does MG belong to other than 2nd Doc? Getting Nem? Toroko? Easier Sand Zone?(and with MG you almost dun need Bubbler as far as I'm defiant) Easier first Core? Not really easier UC?
afaik it won't be used at all in Hell because of immunes. Probably against Heavy and Ballos 1st, but not much else. Good for noobs running good ending though. For pros running Hell, they would either just skip it or use early stage for slight ease and neglect it starting from the first black wind. And now my grammar seems to be losing its quality from time to time.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:22 PM
After listening to all your points of view, I can only draw up one conclusion...that this debate is more to do with personal preference, as opposed to the actual merits of the bubbler (or any of the weapons discussed).

The way I see it, everyone has their own fighting style and their own favourite weapon. So arguing over the pros and cons of each weapon will do little more than confirm the point that its all based on personal opinion.

T-Jack said:
For every weapon there are circumstances where they're bad. What's the difference for The Almighty Bubbler?
Couldn't agree more.

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM
In front of a computer
Roonil Wazlib said:
No, you get normal missiles with 100 charges. :>
Complete crap.
To get Super Missiles, you can't skip the Normal one.
Oh. Whatever. Still, if you want missiles for Ballos, they're there.

What's wrong with the regular missile launcher against Ballos? I imagine it wouldn't be as good as super missiles, but it'll still do some damage!

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:21 PM
This Troper
Celtic Minstrel said:
What's wrong with the regular missile launcher against Ballos? I imagine it wouldn't be as good as super missiles, but it'll still do some damage!
Huh? Who said there's anything wrong with that?

IMO the rocket launcher is useful, but unnecessary, throughout the whole game.

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:24 PM
In front of a computer
Roonil Wazlib said:
Complete crap.
Well, I don't see any other way to interpret this... if you're not using the CS lite skin you wouldn't have seen this.

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:34 PM
This Troper
Celtic Minstrel said:
Well, I don't see any other way to interpret this... if you're not using the CS lite skin you wouldn't have seen this.
Oh, right. Doom text. Okay, my bad.

Still, who needs rockets to beat Ballos?

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
To efficiently prevent complete remorse, or to make that hell of an Uber-boss fight end faster. Simply, the 4th form. Redundancy, us noobs. Ask jake and andwhy. Unless they haven't even reached 4th form, which would say they're just halfway through their run ended by failures.

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:16 PM
In front of a computer
I haven't even reached the third form yet...

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm gonna try again with the spur. Snake is great for Hell, but sucks on Ballos.

(Hey, Celt, I remember now! You're Not A Flower, you're the plant Kitty!)

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:05 AM
In front of a computer
:rolleyes: Thanks...?

Sep 15, 2008 at 6:04 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Oh. Whatever. Still, if you want missiles for Ballos, they're there.

You're better off using something like the Spur or the Snake IMO. 100 missiles aren't worth anything if they suck like non-Super ones do.

Sep 15, 2008 at 11:53 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Missiles have the quickest cool damage if you just kiss Baal to badass surprise berserker barrage him.

But again, for damn us noobs, stay away and Spur it out. What I was saying about 4th is to kill him as fast as you can, and probably really fast since you have some ~10 hp left around that time, or even with half full it will go to zero quick enough with those sattelites and those Blushing Butes.

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM
I was with 1hp when I was at Ballos's last form, so I just spammed my missles. And I actually one. I've seen people do it otherwise, but I'm not that good.

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:51 PM
In front of a computer
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
And I actually one.
:rolleyes: You mean you actually won, right?

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:52 AM
Celtic Minstrel said:
:rolleyes: You mean you actually won, right?
Wow do I feel dumb. Yeah, I meant won, I wasn't concentrating really.....

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:54 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
On winning or typing?