The Bubbler....LOL

Sep 7, 2008 at 9:13 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Is this thing good for anything? The story never hints for you to get it, and it does hardly any damage, plus it needs to recharge. I don't recall ever using it other than for pure fun, (Lvl. 3 is kinda amusing). It's firing at level 1 is pitiful, I'd rather have the Polar Star. Level 2, is again, low range. LEvel 3 is only when it's good, and it's firing is eratical. What do you think?

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:08 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
The Bubbler doesn't cost you anything but time, and the inconvenience of having to scroll through another weapon if you're used to switching with A and S. And it's great defensively on level 3, especially against lots of destroyable projectiles, like during the Monster X fight. Bubbler also has great range on level 3. The erratic firing is kinda the point. You gotta learn to use each weapon based on its own advantages, and know which weapon is best where and when.

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
lvl3 bubbler is pure awesome. :D

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:55 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Someone should make a weapon where the level 3 bubbler has no range so just disappears when you let go of the fire button, infinite ammo, and does massive damage. That way you could focus on dodging an just let the bubbles come out indefinitely.

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:07 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Roonil Wazlib said:
The fireplace does hint to it. I got it on my first playthrough :D
Me too..........

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Same =P

Lol what an awesome one-liner.

To make it NOT one...

The bubbler is also great to use when you're in a low-ceiling tunnel or cravice. At level 3, the bubbles concentrate in firing in a straight line, covering the width of the cravice while dealing massive concentrated damage.

For eg, the final cave, where there are many tight stretches of low-ceiling paths >_>

And also, if you change it's firing rate and no. of max shots... :D

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:09 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Bubbler's great against Polishes in Sand Zone. You can get them and a bunch o' Babies in one "shot".

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:53 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yep, the only place where Bubbler is useful is Sand Zone, and the best weapon to use in Sand Zone is Bubbler, IMO.

Maybe we should try leveling it after the first "black wind" and see if it could help.

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:38 AM
Actually, the bubbler is really helpful in b2, destroying the butes before they attack you. By far the coolest weapon in the game.

Sep 9, 2008 at 1:11 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Lace said:
Actually, the bubbler is really helpful in b2, destroying the butes before they attack you. By far the coolest weapon in the game.
But that means using up the energy capsules (at least some of them) in B1 on it!

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:27 AM
It's still useful...
Anyways, the bubble is the best protection, blade the best offense, and blade levels up super easy anyway. I never use the missile launcher.

Sep 13, 2008 at 1:52 AM
Good points, but not really. It's firing is erratic...BAD.
Also, in b2 and final cave, it's at lvl 1.
I got it while I was completing Plantation. :D
It's good for fun and defense, nothing else.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:08 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Good points, but not really. It's firing is erratic...BAD.
Also, in b2 and final cave, it's at lvl 1.
I got it while I was completing Plantation. :D
It's good for fun and defense, nothing else.
I've mentioned before, erratic firing can be GOOD, kay? It's ALL ABOUT USING WEAPONS STRATEGICALLY. If masses of enemies are coming at you, you WANT erratic firing, since you're more likely to hit them when you're firing across the span of three vertical tiles instead of one and a half.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:32 AM
Lyger said:
I've mentioned before, erratic firing can be GOOD, kay? It's ALL ABOUT USING WEAPONS STRATEGICALLY. If masses of enemies are coming at you, you WANT erratic firing, since you're more likely to hit them when you're firing across the span of three vertical tiles instead of one and a half.
Yeah, I suppose your right. But I don't remember using it for combat much, or saying "Man I'm glad I've got the Bubbler." or "I would've died without the Bubbler."

But I agree with you all the same.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:52 AM
In front of a computer
The Bubbler is probably my third favourite weapon.

Sep 13, 2008 at 4:47 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How does the Bubbler hold up in Hell? I know it's a cinch to level back up before getting Curly, buuuut...

(Celtic: Do I know you from somewhere?)

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:13 PM
That's not true at all...

Bubbler level two is a machine gun and it's shot's spread, can the blade at any level do that? Bubbler level three is great at passively deffending you, and can also wipe out hoards of enemies in a single shot. Lvl. 3 Blade (lol) can just wipe out enemies in a small area, as opposed to the bubbler, and worst of all, it delevels in one hit, the bubbler does not.

Agreed, the blade is a great weapon, but it most certainly is not a replacement for the bubbler.

Face it.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:45 PM
In front of a computer
raekuul said:
(Celtic: Do I know you from somewhere?)
Your name does look familiar! :p