The Bubbler....LOL

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:14 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lace said:
That's not true at all...

Bubbler level two is a machine gun and it's shot's spread, can the blade at any level do that? Bubbler level three is great at passively deffending you, and can also wipe out hoards of enemies in a single shot. Lvl. 3 Blade (lol) can just wipe out enemies in a small area, as opposed to the bubbler, and worst of all, it delevels in one hit, the bubbler does not.

Agreed, the blade is a great weapon, but it most certainly is not a replacement for the bubbler.

Face it.
Where the Blade can't do it, something else can. The bubbler's not unique as we expect a CS weapon to be. What I meant to say was most of the defensive functions can be done by a Blade (both level 2 and 3). For ranged offence you have the Launcher and the pistol/MG. What more do you need?

Moreover the bubbler's attack is incredibly scattered and therefore unconcentrated. Add to that the fact that it doesn't do much damage in the first place. It's really crap for dealing with anything greater than a bat or bute on whom you're not gonna be using it anyway.

Sep 13, 2008 at 6:00 PM
graters gonna grate
Most of the time, the bubbler is a crappy weapon, but it is very useful in some situations. For example, it is invaluable when fighting the Muscle Doctor; you can pwn almost all of the bats he shoots at you right away.

Sep 13, 2008 at 6:50 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Where the Blade can't do it, something else can. The bubbler's not unique as we expect a CS weapon to be. What I meant to say was most of the defensive functions can be done by a Blade (both level 2 and 3). For ranged offence you have the Launcher and the pistol/MG. What more do you need?
What about something which covers my arse as well as my face?

With the exception of the nemesis, the bubbler is the most unique weapon in the game, in that it gives the most complete coverage against enemies and projectiles. The blade is a poor stand-in for the bubbler. At level 2, the blade's area effect is too small to intercept projectiles (especially small, fast ones), and at level 3, when the blade "sticks" to an enemy, it leaves you vulnerable for a couple of seconds (long enough for an enemy to de-level your weapon).

Also, if someone swapped their Blade for the Nemesis, you strategy kind of falls flat on its face.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Moreover the bubbler's attack is incredibly scattered and therefore unconcentrated. Add to that the fact that it doesn't do much damage in the first place. It's really crap for dealing with anything greater than a bat or bute on whom you're not gonna be using it anyway.
I beg to differ. The bubbler's attack is scattered, but not so scattered that it can't deal enough damage. In fact, it can deal damage at a pretty fair rate, especially if you let go of the fire button every once in a while. In my opinion, its best used against large enemies like Gaudi or Skeletons, or for mopping up smaller enemies and projectiles.

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:10 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Em, roonil?
Not original?
The bubbler is BY FAR the most original weapon in the game. Have you ever played another game with a gun that shoots bubbles?
Plus, the unconcentration is GOOD. you can hit enemies that aren't directly in front of you, which is extremely useful, and you can destroy one of those spawning sand zone enemies in one hit. AND all of their babies.
I', not saying the blade isn't better, I'm saying that the bubbler is a good weapon.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:05 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Bubbler is very awesome... provided you keep it at level 3, which can be a bit hard, especially without the Arms Barrier. Level 2 isn't really strong/fast enough to damage effectively, and level 1 is the worst weapon in the whole game :rolleyes:

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:15 AM
Hoxtilicious
DoubleThink said:
level 1 is the worst weapon in the whole game :rolleyes:

Nemesis level 3 is much worser.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:22 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Level 1 bubbler is the 2nd worst weapon in the game.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:36 AM
Hoxtilicious
Celtic Minstrel said:
Level 1 bubbler is the 2nd worst weapon in the game.

Nope. The 3rd. Polar Star level 1 is worser.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:45 AM
Respwnt
Lace said:
Em, roonil?
Not original?
The bubbler is BY FAR the most original weapon in the game. Have you ever played another game with a gun that shoots bubbles?
Plus, the unconcentration is GOOD. you can hit enemies that aren't directly in front of you, which is extremely useful, and you can destroy one of those spawning sand zone enemies in one hit. AND all of their babies.
I', not saying the blade isn't better, I'm saying that the bubbler is a good weapon.
I said unique, not original. Unique in terms of usage. I'm not saying the bubbler is totally crap either, I'm saying it's not very useful when it can be replaced easily by other weapons and/or a bit of l33t dodging sk33lz.

It's definitely worth the extra trip to the Jellyfish juice, but it's still the least appealing weapon to me, probably next to the Nemesis.

The Mulletron said:
What about something which covers my arse as well as my face?

With the exception of the nemesis, the bubbler is the most unique weapon in the game, in that it gives the most complete coverage against enemies and projectiles. The blade is a poor stand-in for the bubbler. At level 2, the blade's area effect is too small to intercept projectiles (especially small, fast ones), and at level 3, when the blade "sticks" to an enemy, it leaves you vulnerable for a couple of seconds (long enough for an enemy to de-level your weapon).

Also, if someone swapped their Blade for the Nemesis, you strategy kind of falls flat on its face.
How is the Nemesis unique? Other than the leveling system it's very ordinary IMO albeit arguably powerful.

The Blade level 2 in fact has quite an area of effect if you consider the splash damage. It's VERY good at dealing with projectiles if you're used to timing it well. Agreed, level 3 leaves you kinda vulnerable in a mass projectile zone. But you can't argue that the bubbler's failproof either, the chances of projectiles being not accompanied by other monsters is nearly nil and I'd rather have a weapon that deals with both effectively rather than one that pwns the projectiles but loses miserably against other threats. >_>

The Mulleton said:
I beg to differ. The bubbler's attack is scattered, but not so scattered that it can't deal enough damage. In fact, it can deal damage at a pretty fair rate, especially if you let go of the fire button every once in a while. In my opinion, its best used against large enemies like Gaudi or Skeletons, or for mopping up smaller enemies and projectiles.
Not worth all the trouble IMO. It's quicker and safer to just switch to a primary weapon unless you're dealing with projectiles as well. I found the Blade level 3 to be unmatched in the Gaudi zone.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:13 AM
In front of a computer
S. P. Gardebiter said:
But doesn't the bubbler level 1 have less range than the polar star level 1?

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:03 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Nemesis level 3 is much worser.
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Say what now?
All three do 1 damage per hit and have the same range (I think), so...
Polar Star Lv1:
-Unlimited bullets
-Bullets are quick
-No on-screen limit
Nemesis Lv1:
-Unlimited bullets
-Duckies move fairly fast
-Two on-screen limit
-Duckies are cute
Bubbler Lv1:
-100 shot limit
-Bubbles are slow, and slow down further as they travel
-Four on-screen limit, which is actually more restricting than Nemesis because of how slow they move
-Takes a long time to recharge should you ever actually use it repeatedly

Looks like Bubbler is the worst to me >_>;;;

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Justin-chan
You mean the level 3 Nemesis, not the level 1.

Sep 14, 2008 at 2:07 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
DoubleThink said:
Say what now?
Polar Star Lv1:
-Unlimited bullets
-Bullets are quick
-No on-screen limit
Nemesis Lv3:
-Unlimited bullets
-Two on-screen limit
-Duckies are cute
Bubbler Lv1:
-100 shot limit
-Four on-screen limit, which is actually more restricting than Nemesis because of how slow they move

Ah, but how easy is it to improve their power rating?
Polar Star costs 10 to level up once, 20 to level up again and 10 to max.
Bubbler costs 10 to level up, 20 to level up again and 5 to max.
Nemesis needs 1 damage to level down.

Okay, so the Bubbler = Polar Star when it comes to leveling. But, at close range (which is usually a Bad Idea to begin with), the Bubbler is unmatched out of the three because you can still deal 4 damage in a slightly shorter time than with Polar Star 1, because of the slow-down.

Sep 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
raekuul said:

Okay, so the Bubbler = Polar Star when it comes to leveling. But, at close range (which is usually a Bad Idea to begin with), the Bubbler is unmatched out of the three because you can still deal 4 damage in a slightly shorter time than with Polar Star 1, because of the slow-down.
At a close range, quickly aaa or sss or q to Blade. Or if you got it and a bit time, Spur.

And somehow, weapons seem useful or optimal for stage runs right after you acquire them. e.g. Bubbles for Sand Zone(or Grasstown 2nd half, never tried) as I mentioned, and Blade for Labyrinth, Polar Star for First Cave, and I'd say Fireball for Grasstown. Exception is Missiles and Up'd Missiles, not good for PvM, and not much needed PvB(sorry, Diablo2 addiction). But I still use it for the sake of ease and time sparing, a bit like Static Field. Nemesis is a very nice weapon for almost anywhere, including that part where you got it, as long as you can take some hits time to time. Spur, read again what I said for Nemesis. Spur and Nemesis both do bosses damn well, which concludes a simple reason why you don't need Missiles. Except for 4th form, and the Deleets, damn it.

Simply said, this game is godly. A cool balance, you can enjoy as noobs, and so a pros. I have yet to try minimal items though. Still struggling to succeed Baalruns Hell runs to eventually find them easy. I'm still proud of actually being able to do it without guides, and probably it was the guides which removed my ability to do so.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:15 PM
This Troper
Nice to meet a fellow Diablo 2 player here...

Well, as Bubbler combines Energy Shield bubble shield and Frozen Orb broad firing at the cost of great cooldown limited bullets, I'd say it's great against Fallen small monsters. Against Wendigos greater ones the other weapons are certainly better.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:13 PM
I'd personally prefer the Lvl. 1 Polar Star over Lvl. 1 Bubbler. And erratic firing is BAD! If there's one enemy in front of you, it will take a whole 30 seconds to hit it! In terms of overall use, probably my least favorite weapon( because fireball is actually useful in Grasstown and Sand Zone.)

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM
In front of a computer
DoubleThink said:
Say what now?
Polar Star Lv1:
-Unlimited bullets
-Bullets are quick
-No on-screen limit
Nemesis Lv1:
-Unlimited bullets
-Two on-screen limit
-Duckies are cute
Bubbler Lv1:
-100 shot limit

What about the ranges? You said you're unsure about that. Are they actually all the same range?

raekuul said:

I wouldn't recommend using the Bubbler Lv1 at short range. The Polar Star Lv1 would be better for that, I think.

freezit4 said:
At a close range, quickly aaa or sss or q to Blade. Or if you got it and a bit time, Spur.

And somehow, weapons seem useful or optimal for stage runs right after you acquire them. e.g. Bubbles for Sand Zone(or Grasstown 2nd half, never tried) as I mentioned, and Blade for Labyrinth, Polar Star for First Cave, and I'd say Fireball for Grasstown. Exception is Missiles and Up'd Missiles, not good for PvM, and not much needed PvB(sorry, Diablo2 addiction). But I still use it for the sake of ease and time sparing, a bit like Static Field. Nemesis is a very nice weapon for almost anywhere, including that part where you got it, as long as you can take some hits time to time. Spur, read again what I said for Nemesis. Spur and Nemesis both do bosses damn well, which concludes a simple reason why you don't need Missiles. Except for 4th form, and the Deleets, damn it.
I think next time I play I will skip the Missiles... I never use them anyway.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:24 PM
In front of a computer
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
I'd personally prefer the Lvl. 1 Polar Star over Lvl. 1 Bubbler. And erratic firing is BAD! If there's one enemy in front of you, it will take a whole 30 seconds to hit it! In terms of overall use, probably my least favorite weapon( because fireball is actually useful in Grasstown and Sand Zone.)
Erratic firing is great when working with erratic enemies, such as the birds in the Sand Zone. It's also good for clouds of enemies, such as the bats in the Plantation. And the Bubbler is useful for shooting from above your head.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM
I think next time I play I will skip the Missiles... I never use them anyway.
Beat Ballos?Without Missiles? BAAAAWWWW
Does not compute.

Erratic firing is great when working with erratic enemies, such as the birds in the Sand Zone. It's also good for clouds of enemies, such as the bats in the Plantation. And the Bubbler is useful for shooting from above your head.
Yes, but what about if theres only one enemy?Like a Mesa? And for all the more damage it does, I'd use the Lvl. 3 Blade.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:28 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Exaggeration is bad. If rather than holding x, you just press it, the bubbler will fire a shot that reaches the enemy quite quickly. Plus even if you are holding x, you can let go at any time to fire all your shots.

You've also ignored post upon post expounding upon why ERRATIC FIRING IS NOT BAD, and yet you KEEP SAYING IT. It's NOT ALWAYS BAD.

I believe that what we actually have is a case of PEBCAK.