Switch to IPBoard?

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Looks like ages are no longer displayed.
Yeah. Back before the transition, Andwhyisit said that was one thing he couldn't get working. While one could view their profile, seeing their age on every post will always have a special place in my heart.

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Been here way too long...
Oh I should note that BBCodes and emotes will only work on new profile comments. Older ones are are still BBCode-less.
I saw that too. Don't suppose it's fixable?

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I don't know if anyone will see this, but eveyone's locations were deleted.
Not really an issue, I just thought people should be aware.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Well they weren't really deleted, they're just in the "Converted" field group, while the location displayed on your posts is in the "Information" field or something.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I would say that's nitpicking, but okay.
They're not in the Location field anymore, everyone has to reinput it.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I've noticed that setting the "Use Mobile Theme" link censors my ability to sort new content by time. As many times as I click, they are to no avail.

Also, why must we have a Twitter button? The only reason to have this is to follow [twitter]amaya_pixel[/twitter] on Twitter, Is there any way to just have a YouTube button in its place? I know that we can just access the [/YouTube] tag in the Special BBCode button, but still...

Edit: I was looking at the editing tools and I said to myself:
Whooooaaaaaa?
Spoilers are also in the Advanced BBCode button.

Also, why are oversized signature warnings available to us?

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Soft deleting works now. However I'll have to add button icons for spoiler, hide, and youtube before I can take them out of the Special BBCode menu, so I'll leave it until tonight.

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I noticed that Profile Comments have a

that I presume is supposed to point to whomever's profile received the message, but it doesn't currently. Would probably make things a bit less odd looking on our profiles. Also our comments to other people appear in our own feed for some reason, idk if you can change that.

Also it would appeeaaarrr that profile comments "cut off" after a certain number of lines and I'm not sure how to view the rest; see HaydenStudio's response to CaveStory's message on his profile as an example.

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Well they weren't really deleted, they're just in the "Converted" field group, while the location displayed on your posts is in the "Information" field or something.
I'd really appreciate it if the "Converted" group was removed or modified in some way to make it relevant. It can't even be edited at the moment, so all that stuff from the old website is there... forever!(?)

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:08 AM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I'd really appreciate it if the "Converted" group was removed or modified in some way to make it relevant. It can't even be edited at the moment, so all that stuff from the old website is there... forever!(?)
Done. Converted renamed to other, old location and interest fields invisible to everyone except mods and admins, and remaining fields under other moved to personal information.

EDIT: The youtube, spoiler, and hide tags now have buttons. Also all empty locations and interests fields in the profile have been filled in with their older counterparts. So if you set a new location or new interests then you will still have your new ones, yet if you haven't then your old location/interest information will now be restored.

EDIT 2: Oh, and user ratings are finally disabled.

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Based Member
So, Noxid did a pretty god job of summing up that I need to be able to write a long message. Now, when I click on messenger in the menu at the top right corner, I get this
NotallowedtoPM.jpg
Oh, also, I miss having all of the text when writing a post bieng bbcode. It's really awkward and annoying for all of these windows to pop up when you want to paste a picture, and for the image to be displayed while you're writing a post. It's just difficult to manage.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
inb4 someone insults you for using Internet Explorer.

Anywho, just to be on topic, things are looking good, and aside from the confusing VM conversion, I have no further complaints. Things are looking great :D

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
So, Noxid did a pretty god job of summing up that I need to be able to write a long message. Now, when I click on messenger in the menu at the top right corner, I get this
NotallowedtoPM.jpg
Oh, also, I miss having all of the text when writing a post bieng bbcode. It's really awkward and annoying for all of these windows to pop up when you want to paste a picture, and for the image to be displayed while you're writing a post. It's just difficult to manage.

If you flip the "switch" in the top-left of the editor window, you can turn of the WYSIWYG editor in favour of a plaintext editor. But then it also disables the BBCode buttons. So I guess neither approach is perfect at the moment.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Galleries should be working now.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Based Member
If you flip the "switch" in the top-left of the editor window, you can turn of the WYSIWYG editor in favour of a plaintext editor. But then it also disables the BBCode buttons. So I guess neither approach is perfect at the moment.
Hmm... Not bad, but not ideal either. I hope Andwhyisit is up to the task of fixing it...

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Spoiler, hide and youtube buttons now all insert directly and wrap around the selected text. I modified the editor's code to hard code these buttons into the editor. Downgrading images to bbcode will take some work though.

Are there any specific requests regarding the editor?

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I mean this is sortakinda related, but if you could remove the auto-coloring in [ code] tags, that would be great.
For example
Code:
//this is pretty good for c++ type languages
if (a==b) {
	 a++
} else {
	 cout << "BLARGH" << endl;
}
//but it screws up anything else, like haskell, x86, or just irc chat logs
Edit: Thank you!

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
So, is the current format for VMs permanent, or is it going to be changed to something more similar to the way it was? Hopefully the latter, 'cause the way it is now is confusing as fuck.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Yeah, I look at someone's profile and see something they posted on someone else's profile, but it does not specify who that person is.