Switch to IPBoard?

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't even understand why you would *need* to go to the tribute site on a regular basis. Maybe rarely if I need to grab a link for someone who's too lazy to use google, but other than that I never go there.

i r sadface

Well where would the link even go?

The bottom maybe.
The top bar, on the left. Just to the right of the AdminCP and ModeratorCP (should they exist for the user), so as not to cause any further confusion..

I always thought it was kind of unnecessary and sometimes I accidentally clicked it thinking UserCP was still on the far left and I was minorly inconvenienced, which as we all know is the worst kind of inconvenience.
...in the vein of link placement.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Just go to Who's Online if you're curious
then you can see everyone :chin:

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hover your mouse on their name and you don't even have to click to see what they are doing. It's pretty much pointless to have it on their profile page.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Based Member
Hover your mouse on their name and you don't even have to click to see what they are doing. It's pretty much pointless to have it on their profile page.
Whoa, I never noticed that. Nevermind, then.
Hmm, well it might not hurt to be able to see it on their profile page as well, if that's not asking too much of andwhyisit.

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Actually I think that with the new 'hover' feature, it's easier than ever too see what other people are doing.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hmm, you're right, there must be a solution!!! Perhaps we can add something to the mobile version that'll help.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It would be nice if there were something like a "view conversation" link on profile feeds, where you see only the posts between two specific users. Would this be too hard to implement? I do like the new feature of FB style commenting, so you can comment on a post between two people other than yourself without it looking out of place.

Also, last time I checked, the who's online page doesn't show all the registered users at the top of the list like it used to; they're all interspersed among the guests. It would be nice if this were changed.

edit: oh also, I experienced a glitch where I didn't get a notification when somebody commented on a profile post I made.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I think you can change that setting in your CP, it's under "notification settings."
It was off for me when I changed it D:

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Based Member
So, another problem. When I try to strike through something, it shows up just fine when I first type it, but then it shows up as bbcode. I don't understand.

Examlpe: Two plus two equals five four.

As you can see, it shows up as bbcode; when I typed this, however, it actually striked through it.

EDIT: Yay! Andwhyisit fixed it! Thank you!

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
appears to be the only accepted format at the moment. Perhaps an alias needs to be made, or the visual editor changed, or something.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Based Member
Ah, thank you. Not a perfect solution, but it will have to do for now.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
On a more positive note, the new system doesn't have that annoying bug where, if your post starts a new page on a thread, the thread gets marked as unread.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
is now an alias of .

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Based Member
Excellent work. So, what is your stance on the ability to see the user's current activity on their profile? While one could hover over their user, this may not be accessible in the mobile browsing version.