Switch to IPBoard?

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Oh, looking at the 'Mario or Sonic' thread, names start disappearing after ten votes (in the poll). I don't really know any other way to explain it >_>"
EDIT: And size 1 text is really hard to read.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Apparently some people can't post right now.
The editor comes up as a blank box for them and nothing works D:

Specifically Cpt. Fabulous and Hiino that I'm aware of.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Been here way too long...
It seems to be working in Internet Explorer, but not Firefox.
Fuck Internet Explorer to hell, I'm not using this garbage.

EDIT: It's now working in Firefox. ???????

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
That happened to me earlier, but I just refreshed the page and it was back to normal.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Refreshing the page was definitely not working. It only started working after I made a post in Internet Explorer.
Here's what it looks like:
diph.php

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
So, is the current format for VMs permanent, or is it going to be changed to something more similar to the way it was? Hopefully the latter, 'cause the way it is now is confusing as fuck.

please fix this, it's so annoying to manage I've basically stopped doing it.

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Editor now fixed. Problem was that it was looking for a set or plugin.js files that weren't required by the editor for the new buttons, so I added some empty ones in and it now works. Firefox 8 skipped over the issue, and so did IE by the sounds, but firefox 3 stopped script execution the moment it couldn't find the files.

I'll attempt to add a link to the arrows under VMs tonight so you know who you are replying to (and hopefully do something about the character limit as well).

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I have noticed that every so often the picture that I use in my "About Me" section of my profile gets replaced by the name of the file. I have no idea why this is but it would be tiresome to have to fix it every few days D:

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
VM's now show the person you VMed after the arrow, and should in theory have a 4000 char limit (as opposed to 500). Can someone test this for me?
On another note the code bbcode should also now have absolutely no syntax highlighting.

No idea about the "about me" image though. Sorry. I've re-added it in for now.

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm using Opera mini, and it's near-perfect. Some of the picture/video heavy threads freeze up temporarily, but that's what's expected when you browse on a device with 32MB ram.

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I miss that button that led directly to the tribute site so much.
I hope you're being sarcastic, but just in case, erasing everything in the URL bar except "http://cavestory.org" and pressing enter will have about the same effect.
And you can use it from ANY PAGE ON THE FORUM OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

That or a favourites link in your browser or something, really, there are so many other options. I always thought it was kind of unnecessary and sometimes I accidentally clicked it thinking UserCP was still on the far left and I was minorly inconvenienced, which as we all know is the worst kind of inconvenience.

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I think it's reasonable to have a link to the tribute site, since these are forums for it, and I think the forums get more Google hits than the site itself. You certainly won't mix up User CP and Tribute Site anymore, so, what's the problem?

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Well where would the link even go?

The bottom maybe.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I hope you're being sarcastic, but just in case, erasing everything in the URL bar except "http://cavestory.org" and pressing enter will have about the same effect.
And you can use it from ANY PAGE ON THE FORUM OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

That or a favourites link in your browser or something, really, there are so many other options. I always thought it was kind of unnecessary and sometimes I accidentally clicked it thinking UserCP was still on the far left and I was minorly inconvenienced, which as we all know is the worst kind of inconvenience.

I'm not being sarcastic, just lazy. And now I'm minorly inconvenienced because I have to use the keyboard to get to a site I want to visit, whereas before I could just hit a button! It's horrible! That part is sarcasm, though.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Based Member
I agree, there should be a button on the top. Not everyone here is willing to use the number of alternatives you are, Noxid.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I don't even understand why you would *need* to go to the tribute site on a regular basis. Maybe rarely if I need to grab a link for someone who's too lazy to use google, but other than that I never go there.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Uhm... may I ask who these 'Alexa', 'Google', and 'Facebook' guests are? This isn't a complaint or anything, I just don't know why they're there...

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Based Member
I don't even understand why you would *need* to go to the tribute site on a regular basis. Maybe rarely if I need to grab a link for someone who's too lazy to use google, but other than that I never go there.
I go there quite frequently. I think it's worth adding. And there's LOTS of room on the top of the screen to add such a button.