Switch to IPBoard?

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There are still no boxes around spoiler content when you open the tag, so it blends in with the rest of the text and is confusing :S

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Based Member
Dunc2403 said:
I dunno, I kinda liked that.
In my opinion, the one and only advantage this new configuration serves is FINALLY being able to see the picture beneath all of sixtyseconds' spoilers.

Aside from that, I'm with Cultr here. It's confusing and hard to tell what's inside of the spoiler and what's not when a big wall of text suddenly pops out of the spoiler and you scroll down. The box helps you tell though, and the lack of it is detracting from my forumgoing experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
<p>I don't know if I'm asking in the correct thread, but is it supposed to be possible to open an image in a new tab when clicking on the images in members' signatures?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I first noticed this when I clicked on Noxid's "King Strife and Sacrifice" button - which only opened the image up in a new tab (instead of the link it's supposed to go to), so I went here and clicked on Dunc2403's signature pic, which opened the pic in a new tab as well. Is that supposed to happen?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, I'm using Chrome, so I don't know if it's different for other browsers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><br />
EDIT:</p>
<p>And apparently, any comments I've posted on Carrotlord's profile are entirely invisible to me, including replies to it. :/</p>

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
That seems to be a bug. I am not sure it it is IPBoard related.
Clicking on text links in signatures seems to work correctly.

Also, it appears that nested spoiler tags will not thwart anyone.
You can see inside spoilers by right clicking on the page and seeing the HTML generated by PHP by hitting "View Source".

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Carrotlord said:
That seems to be a bug. I am not sure it it is IPBoard related.
Clicking on text links in signatures seems to work correctly.
Ah.

Anyway, just discovered something that could be another bug (or two, although I think the second one is related to my slow Internet).

1. Editing posts (on the page itself, not in the full editor) seems to add random <p> </p> tags and stuff, my previous post here has that. (I dunno if this appears to everyone)

gallery_3190_86_17267.png

2. For some reason, whenever I make comments on certain members' profiles (in this case, Carrotlord's) I don't see it, nor do I see replies to it. I tried several times just in case, and I refreshed my cache as well.

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Professional Whatever
Click my banner

...By the way this isn't a plug or anything, there's actually an issue where the page that the image is linked to is opened, but the image is also opened in a new tab itself. This probably isn't intentional.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Based Member
...Sorry to give you a huge to-do list next time you view this thread Andy, but there's some weird glitch I'm encountering with a big portion of my post getting deleted when there is an emoticon in a quote. This happens when I either post my message, or preview it. I'm not sure if this happens in regular posting or not, but it does occur when PMing.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Professional Whatever
That happens on a blackberry browser too

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Based Member
I have the "Allow me to approve members before they're added as a friend" box checked, and when someone sends me a friend request, the notification shows up as "(username) sent you a friend request" and all that, and they do show up on your list of friends pending approval, but they also show up on your list of actual friends as though you've already approved them.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Lately when I click on a notification informing me that someone has responded to a status, it takes me to a page with all the user's statuses and comments rather than just the single status that the notification is for, which means I have to search around for what was actually said. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Based Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
daughter of chivalry
Oh, right. Well that's strange that you experienced it back then, and I'm just experiencing it now.

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's been happening to me for a while now. Sometimes it seems to work?
but most of the time not.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well.. I've managed to get the double linking image issue sorted.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM
daughter of chivalry
Yeah I saw one similar yesterday, and it also had a poll. Might be related.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
You can't delete albums, you can only make them private.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Based Member
Am I the only one for whom this site and this site only is running really slowly? It's strange, since it's right now running fast for all other sites, and there aren't really many users online at the moment.

I also think this is happening to others due to Polaris accidentally decuple posting in one of my threads.